Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
I couldn't find a comment thread for this story, so I'm starting one.

You weren't kidding, Queenie, when you called this a teaser. I'm feeling thoroughly teased. smile

Clark may be toast if Lois finds the marriage license, but Superman is definitely toast for running out on her like that. I can't really see a positive resolution without him telling her his identity. How is Clark going to be able to face her the next day at work? How is Superman going to be able to face her the next time they meet in public, or the next time he saves her?

I really hope that someone picks up this idea and runs with it.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now you have to write more! Surely Lois will find out that she's married to Clark. That should give away the secret. What's going to happen then?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee! It's a pickle, isn't it? evil

Like I said, I don't think I'll be able to do much more with it any time soon, but one thing does come to mind: This being a PML fic, and therefore season 1, Lois' eventual engagement to Lex Luthor could come up, and if Clark hasn't yet told her that she's already married...it's fun when things hit the fan, isn't it? laugh

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was thinking more along the lines that Lois knows that she and Superman were intimate. That doesn't mean that she'll automatically assume CK=SM when she discovers that she married CK, only that she must have cheated on him shortly after they were married. And that Superman was a cad for flying off on her and, most likely, too embarrassed to talk to her about it. Learning that CK=SM will ease her mind on the cheating aspect, but not on his bolting. Or will Clark add gas to the fire, and try to have the marriage annulled or (since it WAS consummated) file for divorce. She'll certainly learn about it then.

Superman has made himself an enemy and had best hope that she doesn't team up with Luthor because of it. The only thing which may save her from that fate, is the fact that she'll feel guilty for cheating on Clark (once she learns about the marriage) and cannot marry Luthor while still married to Clark. There's also the possibility that Lois becomes pregnant, first she'll think its Superman's child and then should she learn of the marriage to Clark, she'll wonder if it's his.

Either way, Clark is stepped in some serious doo-doo and is in big trouble.

This can either go angsty dark or slap-stick comedy hilarious.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/13/14 01:04 AM. Reason: Fixed Typo

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Awesome. Really hope for more

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! Queenie is dabbling in the amorous arts! hyper
Clark Kent slowly drifted into consciousness. His head felt like it was about to split apart.
Oooooh! I know what’s going on! Well, either that or it’s a power bender to boot blush

Was there kryptonite somewhere around?
No power bender apparently.

A familiar voice moaned, echoing the agony he felt.
It’s door number ‘1’! hyper

His brain slowly began to slog into gear, only to slam into full alertness when he heard the sudden cry of “Oh my god!” from less than an inch away. He jerked awake, landing on the bed with a heavy 'thump' that elicited a gasp from the woman on top of him.
jawdrop Oops?

“S-Superman?” she squeaked.
Yes. Congratulations, you have managed to snag the extraterrestrial unicorn bait.

He cracked one eye open, only to find that whatever nightmare he was having was still in progress.
But…but…but it involves a naked Lois and no goons. Why would this be a nightmare? confused

“Where are we?” he asked.

“My bedroom,” she answered.
laugh So, was that after the flight and the follow-up kiss Lois gave to Superman?

He stood and gathered up his tights and boots, wondering what on Earth he was going to say.
How about ‘would you do me the honor of becoming my permanent concubine’?

He picked up the document and read it. As he did, the color drained from his face.

“Superman?” Lois called from the bathroom. “I was thinking--”

He didn't really hear what she was saying. All he knew was that he could *not* let her see this paper.
So it’s not just [Linked Image] but [Linked Image]
He dressed super-quickly and flew out of her window with a sonic boom.
I think that’s the wrong thing to do.

According to this license, Lois Lane and Clark Kent were now married. If Lois ever found out about it...
Oh boy. She married Clark. And she slept with Superman.

He was toast.
LOIS: I’m going to kill Superman for seducing me on my wedding night with Clark!

This is a fun premise. Thanks to resident lunkheadedness, it’s very different from the one or two pheromoned weddings they have had over the years. [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard