Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
If you missed an earlier chapter, or need to go back and re-read something, they’re all collected here, thanks to Mike M and LabRat. I’m sorry this chapter is a little on the short side again. Chapter 43 will be posted Friday morning.

I really appreciate all the comments so far! What do you think about this chapter? There’s only eleven left now.

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Come on protestors! An actor would be easily proven false...now superman flying with his daughter.... Of course, there's bound to be somebody that will make a conspiracy theory out of it.

Sorry, the world you paint is very real, makes me upset at some of the characters. smile

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Top Banana
Top Banana
Somewhere in Maryland, someone was making an encrypted phone call.

“Yes, he was flying… Yes, she called him ‘Daddy’… It was the highest-probability scenario, after all…”

The caller paused to listen.

“I understand. Continue Aviary, initiate Defoe.”

Something tells me that Munroe and his ilk are not through yet...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
Somewhere in Maryland, someone was making an encrypted phone call.

“Yes, he was flying… Yes, she called him ‘Daddy’… It was the highest-probability scenario, after all…”

The caller paused to listen.

“I understand. Continue Aviary, initiate Defoe.”
Something tells me that Munroe and his ilk are not through yet...

Mike
Really, Mike, I thought this had to do with one of Tempus's spies, or maybe this dimension's version of Bureau 39. Remember they DO have some form of green glowing crystal. Why would they be testing it, if someone somewhere hadn't known it was a possibility that Kryptonians exist?

I had really hoped to see Lois in this part. I'm glad that the case against Emily fell apart without any involvement from Clark. smile I'm glad that permanent custody was coming Emily's way. She deserves it. If I remember correctly, she isn't biologically related to Catlin. Her stepmom married and had Catlin with Catlin's dad (or something of the sort), which is why Catlin's biological aunt had a case. If Emily had been biologically related, the aunt wouldn't have much of a case.

Terrific story, Debbie. Well plotted out. I'll miss it when you finally finished. I hope you have something else you're working on in the wing. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Since Emily's life is basically ruined here, I anticipate her returning with Kara and her parents to start again there.

I get the feeling that those creepy guys with the Bureau 39-vibe have kryptonite, courtesy of Tempus. Because Kara & co. need more problems.

I love the reunion and the discussion of Kara being adopted. Clark did a good job of addressing the immediate issue while deferring the longer discussion.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Top Banana
Top Banana
So Kara really is Supergirl, Clark's cousin, and not just an 'almost' version from the LnC universe.

Wow.

Love that you've done this, and also love that you made her Lois and Clark's daughter.

Does this mean she will have stronger powers than her two siblings as she is a full Kryptonian and they are half human?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
So Kara really is Supergirl, Clark's cousin, and not just an 'almost' version from the LnC universe.

Wow.

Love that you've done this, and also love that you made her Lois and Clark's daughter.

Does this mean she will have stronger powers than her two siblings as she is a full Kryptonian and they are half human?

Interesting, that would explain better why she seemed to get the powers in a quicker fashion than her brother.

This of course brings up a point parallel to the one that Caitlin/Emily faced. Have Lois and Clark officially adopted Kara and if so how did they get the documentation required to make that happen? Debbie did not go into the background on this but since has long since left canon, what is the Krypton/New Krypton situation, Clark's Kryptonian family status, etc in this reality? Just got curious by the adoption revelation by Clark here.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Aviary"? Having to do with Supergirl flying? Do they want to put her in a cage? (Duh, probably yes.)

"Defoe"? Does this have to do with "Robinson Crusoe"? Stick them on a deserted island somewhere? Or, creepily, does it have to do with "Moll Flanders"?

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you for the comments, everyone!

I don’t think there’s any Kryptonite in Emily’s reality. According to my pseudo-science, it couldn’t exist there until after Kara’s organelles triggered the transition from chaos to order in subspace, just like Kara couldn’t have powers until after that happened.

Jordy is following the same path as Clark in developing his powers; so far he doesn’t seem be any less powerful than Clark was at the same age. Kara got all her powers at once because the structure of subspace is different in Emily’s world. Clark noticed that difference in his powers in Chapter 41.

It’s not surprising that a different reality might have different rules. In the Silver Age comics I grew up with, Clark had all his powers as soon as the Kents found him, and was flying around as a baby.

“Aviary” and “Defoe” definitely contain clues. I don’t want to say any more right now. smile

There’s more on Kara’s origins coming up soon. Very soon.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard