A/N: I haven't forgotten about Hooray for Hollywood, don't worry. This is just a quick teaser for an idea that I was toying with. If anybody wants to take a crack at the premise themselves, by all means, be my guest. smile

-----

Clark Kent slowly drifted into consciousness. His head felt like it was about to split apart. He groaned, screwing his eyes tighter against the light stabbing through their lids. Just what could possibly have made him feel so awful? Was there kryptonite somewhere around?

A familiar voice moaned, echoing the agony he felt. Wait—something was wrong, here. His brain slowly began to slog into gear, only to slam into full alertness when he heard the sudden cry of “Oh my god!” from less than an inch away. He jerked awake, landing on the bed with a heavy 'thump' that elicited a gasp from the woman on top of him.

Lois.

For a while, he could only stare at her, shocked and petrified. She stared back at him, her eyes wider than he'd ever seen them. After a moment, she looked down at their bodies and blushed hotly, grabbing at the blanket underneath him and pulling a corner up to cover her---her---Clark glanced down also, then slid out from under her and snatched up the sheet.

“S-Superman?” she squeaked.

Clark closed his eyes and groaned. This couldn't be happening. This was *not* happening. He cracked one eye open, only to find that whatever nightmare he was having was still in progress.

He didn't meet Lois' eyes, even though he could tell that she was sneaking quick glances at him every few seconds. Instead, he looked around the unfamiliar room. “Where are we?” he asked.

“My bedroom,” she answered.

“Oh.”

Their gazes simultaneously fell to the crumpled heap of clothes and spandex on the floor.

Clark swallowed. “Maybe—maybe we should g-get dressed,” he stammered.

“Good idea,” Lois said, quickly. She stood up, still clinging to the blanket, and Clark moved so that she could drag it with her. She pulled it up higher, wrapping it around her a little bit. “I'll just—um--be in--” she jerked a thumb towards a doorway that seemed to lead into a bathroom.

Clark nodded. “Okay.”

Lois grabbed a few things out of her closet and shuffled off. Clark felt a small amount of relief when the door shut, hiding her from sight. He stood and gathered up his tights and boots, wondering what on Earth he was going to say.

Something crinkled when he lifted his cape. He shook it out, causing a piece of paper to flutter to the floor. He picked up the document and read it. As he did, the color drained from his face.

“Superman?” Lois called from the bathroom. “I was thinking--”

He didn't really hear what she was saying. All he knew was that he could *not* let her see this paper. He dressed super-quickly and flew out of her window with a sonic boom.

Once he was safely back in his own apartment, he took the paper out and looked at it again, trying to figure out just what he was going to do. According to this license, Lois Lane and Clark Kent were now married. If Lois ever found out about it...

He was toast.

~•~