Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
If you need to catch up on earlier chapters, or re-read one, Mike M and LabRat have assembled a helpful TOC listing them all. Chapter 42 will be posted Tuesday morning.

Thank you for commenting! What do you think of this chapter?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YESSSSS! Fist bump!!!! I'm so happy to see them reunited and in a great way. Take that you self righteous stupid lawyers!!!!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
Cool! I wanted to see Superman give Supergirl a lesson.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Debbie,

Nice chapter! I'm glad that you had them handle the fire that way. As a firefighter I know that most aerial ladders top out at about 100 feet and at 23 stories we are talking closer to 200. Someone else might have simply had them hook sections of hose together and SM fly it up, but 200 feet would be pushing the limits on most pumpers. That's a lot of weight to overcome. Kudos!

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Wow, that was a great father/daughter moment. So nicely written.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Tailee
Wow, that was a great father/daughter moment. So nicely written.

Actually I was surprised at how calm Clark was when he found her. It has been nearly two months (I believe) and he did not know until a couple of days before whether she was where they were, alive, hurt, or who knows what else they could have been thinking. I would have expected him to be a bit more demonstrative than he was. I was waiting for Kara to ask whether Mom was with him although Kara would know that Lois would never let him come looking for her alone but I was still expecting her to ask.

This turn of events could really upset the proceedings awaiting Kara back at the court house. I mean without Kara as the prize why would they even bother with Caitlin's custody status? The only reason they put her Aunt up to this was to gain leverage in the Kara control situation. With Lois and Clark in the picture that idea goes up in smoke. I got the impression from Kara's description of the Judge that it would be an uphill battle for Munroe and his group as Aunty had no interest in Caitlin until Kara came into the picture and it would be pretty easy to demonstrate that Emily had taken good care of her and had raised her well. That and them being sisters would make Emily a closer blood relative than an aunt. Most times the judges would only change the custody if there was something blatantly wrong with the current situation and the only thing wrong with the current situation 1. will be resolved quickly (Kara going home) and 2. was orchestrated by the parties behind this court effort themselves. My wife worked in the Family and Children Services area for over a decade and this was her experience with Children's Court judges. Of course it might be different in Delaware...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mike,

It has been 8 weeks for her, but only a little over a week for them.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Features Writer
Features Writer
In the words of the Doctor (Who)...Fantastic!

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Cool. Very nicely done. You know we begin to start asking for a sequel in after just a few more chapters.

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow! Thank you for the comments, everyone!

I'm glad that you had them handle the fire that way.
I’d like to take credit for my great research, but if I got it right it’s pure luck. smile I’m glad it seems credible to a firefighter.

On Clark’s reaction, I have him crying a little. I recall him being fairly stoic in the series, only rarely being overcome with emotion, and I didn’t want to overdo it. And as KenJ points out, it’s only been a bit over a week for Clark. I’d be curious to hear more thoughts on this point, though.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The reunion was well done. clap He shows up just when she needs him most. He's a good dad. smile

I'm curious to see what the reaction will be to Superman showing up in this dimension. Will Clark and Kara end up losing their powers upon returning to their home dimension? Is this what Tempus meant by the end of Utopia?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by AndyG
Cool. Very nicely done. You know we begin to start asking for a sequel in after just a few more chapters.

Absolutely!!!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard