Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks to Mike M and LabRat, there’s a helpful TOC with links to all the previous chapters and comment threads.

Chapter 41 will be posted tomorrow, Sunday.

So, what do you think of this chapter? Based on what H. G. Wells says about Utopia in canon (basically, that Lois and Clark and their descendants are responsible for it, with no mention of other heroes assisting) it didn’t sound to me like there was ever a Justice League or Legion of Superheroes in their world. Since Clark refers to Gotham City in canon, though, I thought there had to be a Batman.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, yes, yes. Superman is back.

Can't wait till he reveals himself to the world! I really want Lois and Clark to get Kara back, but I also want to world to tremble in awe at seeing the real Superman!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Thanks for posting tomorrow. Would be too hard to wait 2 days after this ending. Great story.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent chapter Debbie although I was hoping for UltraWoman...

With 13 more chapters we have to assume that everything does not go smoothly from here but at least they should not have to worry about Munroe trying to take Kara any longer once Superman shows up at the hearing. However like any politician he probably will not go easily into the background. One real question to me is what happens to Emily and Caitlin? I mean it is one thing for the President to promise to take care of them when it means having Kara to help out but once Kara is out of the picture... I mean it is not like I don't trust any politician but I don't trust any politician grumble

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Batman was mentioned in canon, but somehow, I can't imagine him having a hand in Utopia.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Morgana
Batman was mentioned in canon, but somehow, I can't imagine him having a hand in Utopia.

I think Batman was mentioned by Nell Newtrich in "Ultra Woman".
Him being responsible for Utopia? Nah, don't think so.
BTW I Love your story :-)

Kathryn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Argh! What is it about cliff hangers today? More, please? grovel

Also, it was Lois's cellmate (or in the next cell) in People vs. Lois Lane who mention the "Caped Crusader", and Superman corrects her by saying, with some annoyance IMO, "that's Batman."

I wonder what Kevin thought of hearing that Superman and Batman weren't the best of friends. Interesting that he hesitated in handing over the comic which revealed Batman's secret identity. So, Robin took over at Batman and Bruce became mayor. I don't read the comics, so I don't know if that happened after Dark Knight (or another storyline). Even in a wheelchair, I can't picture Bruce liking sitting behind a desk being a bureaucrat. For a man who hates giving press conferences, being mayor must be sheer torture.

hyper that Clark has regained his powers so quickly. I noticed that Kara seemed to sense him in the previous part. I wondered if she would greet him in the sky as Supergirl, or if she's somewhat hesitant on seeing him because of all that she's learned and become. Will she be fearing that conversation? Will she accuse him of lying to her? Would it be better for her to see him as Clark first, instead of Superman? I know it would be better for Munroe et al to see Superman first, but Superman isn't Kara's father. Clark is.

I hope Lois does pick up the pen and write some scathing editorials to knock some sense into the reporters and politicians of that dimension. While she's at it, can she visit our dimension and do the same?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm dancing!, I'm dancing! Daddy is going to go rescue Kara!!!! smile1 hyper wave
Oh, I hope he *smites* those bureaucrats!
Great part.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
It does relieve my fear of Kara going to hug her father, not realizing his powers aren't working, and giving him a cracked rib or something. (OK, I keep expecting worst case scenarios, but there are still thirteen chapters and something will happen.)

R
Blogger
Blogger
R
I've been meaning to ask: What is Kara's teacher Ms. Noether's first name?

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I'm waiting for superman to not be able to do anything to get around the politicians...and for lois to come up with something brilliant. smile

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the comments!

I’d forgotten Batman is mentioned directly in canon. Twice that I could find: once in “The People vs. Lois Lane,” and also in “The Source.” So, it’s a good thing I had Batman as real. And I agree about Batman and Utopia.

The idea of Bruce Wayne as mayor I got from Michael Bloomberg, who was also mayor (of NYC), also a billionaire, and also an independent.

Being Batman is like being a professional athlete, and as Clark observes, that’s a game for the young (or the superhuman). But I’m pretty sure Bruce would want to continue to do something to make Gotham a better place, even if he couldn’t be Batman any more. So I thought, maybe politics? Batman has said so many times that Gotham City is his town, so…

Ms. Noether’s first name? I’m not sure, but it might be Emmy. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One real question to me is what happens to Emily and Caitlin?

Maybe they can go to the LnC 'verse with Kara, Lois, and Clark? Things are not looking good for Emily and Caitlin here. And Lois knows guys who know guys, so surely she could arrange false identities for them?

Also - the bit with comic books was freakin' hilarious! I notice that Marvel superheroes are fictional, and DC heroes seem to be real. Strange, that. smile

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I saw this today and couldn’t resist linking to it: A Knight is Technically an Aristocrat.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard