Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, did you like their phone calls to each other? Isn't it sweet that they talk on the phone, just like in the show.

peep

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It wouldn’t be Lois and Clark without Lois’s life being threatened. Now we get to see just how fast Clark is.

If the explosion was that bad, there are going to be many casualties and people to be rescued. Superman is going to be busy. And Lois’s boring story just got very interesting.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I did indeed enjoy the calls; Lois' timing for the last call was impeccable. I can only imagine how panicked Clark must be at what he heard.

So instead of a "cliff hanger" we have a "building faller," so to speak. I agree with Debbie; Clark will be pushing himself to his limit on this cross-country flight.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well if she did not want to see him for a while she should not be hanging around buildings that are being blown up...

As mentioned before this chapter was classic Lois and Clark and
I actually think this chapter made some progress in their new found relationship. Lois is less panicked about it by the end of the chapter and then the explosion with Superman sure to arrive VERY shortly. I smell a revelation just around the corner whistle

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She doesn't want a ring? huh How disappointing. help

She doesn't want to tell anyone? confused Really? shocked

Yup, this is classic Lois and Clark. He pursues and she panics.

Like MikeM said, this is a perfect set-up for a revelation! Clark is really going to have to be super fast in order to save his lady love. Lois is gonna be alive but really angry.

The phone conversations were very much Lois and Clark. I could see them talking to one another, including the split screen.

Kudos! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock Come back! Post More! Don't leave us hanging with barely a handhold on this cliff, please! Superman Help!

Also, how will Clark leave the Daily Planet without someone seeing him turn into Superman? That must have been the most difficult phone conversation of his life.

I'm glad Lois was honest with Clark. She wants to marry him but it seems to quick and she needs some time to adjust to the idea. I can see how that could be disappointing for someone looking at rings. My advice. Buy the ring, propose again (or for the first time), all while confessing his love for her. She might bolt again, but at least she'll know the truth of his motivations.

So, are you posting soon? How about now? Now? Now!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

The Phone Calls
So…more long distance? peep

Clark was stood outside a jewellery store when his phone rang very late the following day.
hyper The phone’s ringing! peep

Clark turned away from the sparkly window and began heading down the street.
Not wanting to be seen standing too long in front of a jewelry store while dressed like a gentleman robber?

“Lois?” Clark wrinkled his brow. “Are you trying to avoid me?”
[Linked Image]

“It just took me by surprise. I didn’t expect it to happen like that and I’m not sure I’m ready.
But *she* was the one who suggested it in the first place!
LOIS: mad Your point being…?

Clark looked back, over his shoulder, at the Jewellery store, regretfully, and then hung his head.
MAZIK: Whew, that was a close one.

Once inside the room she tossed away her bag and dropped to the floor scrambling under the bed.

It took a moment for her eyes to adjust but eventually a small shadow began to stand out from the rest of the shadows.
huh Did she already buy herself a ring?

“Yes. Come to mama!” she said as she shuffled further under to try and reach her phone.
Oh. Huh?

“I must have left the phone on the bed when we talked this morning and it slid off so when I turned to pack my bag and didn’t see it ... I’m so sorry.
She got lucky Superman didn’t show up in a panic.

“As you can tell from my heavy breathing.”

“I wondered what was causing that.” She could hear him chuckling.
[Linked Image]

“Hey, don’t you be getting the wrong idea, this is all aerobic workout.”
[Linked Image]

“I wouldn’t dream of it, Lois,” he replied and the flippant way he answered sent a little pain through her heart.
Aww… I wonder if they might manage to spend their wedding night in the Honeymoon Suite, playing Scrabble.
LOIS: What was I supposed to do? Spell it out for him on the board?

“Very funny, Clark. You used to run a mile whenever a hot blonde came on to you, even before we uh ...
He ran? So *that’s* what’s caused the massive delay. This Clark isn’t into women!

“Really?” Lois’ voice squealed in disbelief. “He’s not her type at all.”

“Yeah, you thought I was her type,” Clark accused gently.
laugh So, Terry’s not into Lois, then, huh?

“Thanks, I gotta go. I just snuck out to call and I think I’m missing Australia now.”
Wow, she’s actually taking the GWS seriously jawdrop

“Yes, I’ll call you after everyth---,“ Lois had the wind knocked out of her suddenly and then a massive explosion rocked the building.
shock

Looking up she screamed as a chunk of ceiling dropped from directly above aiming for her head.
Oh boy. Clark won’t be able to get to her to keep her from getting hit. So…the chunk might actually be only a small bit that’s just going to knock her down from the shock. Or, considering she’s engaged, it might be big enough to cause her amnesia. Hmm…the explosion might be the 2nd Pinch Point evil

Dare I ask for comments?
Dare I ask for part 12? wildguy

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Looking up she screamed as a chunk of ceiling dropped from directly above aiming for her head.
Oh boy. Clark won’t be able to get to her to keep her from getting hit. So…the chunk might actually be only a small bit that’s just going to knock her down from the shock. Or, considering she’s engaged, it might be big enough to cause her amnesia. Hmm…the explosion might be the 2nd Pinch Point evil

I was wondering also that Lois getting injured might be the impetus to get Clark to actually spill the beans about his feelings for her but that might not technically fit into the RomCom plot that KK has going here (but then neither did the exploding building shock). On the other hand something external is needed to get these two to open up to each other as they seem to be pretty incapable of doing it themselves huh.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by DebbieG
It wouldn’t be Lois and Clark without Lois’s life being threatened. Now we get to see just how fast Clark is.

If the explosion was that bad, there are going to be many casualties and people to be rescued. Superman is going to be busy. And Lois’s boring story just got very interesting.
Uh huh. Superman is going to be busy. Maybe he will need some help?

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I did indeed enjoy the calls; Lois' timing for the last call was impeccable. I can only imagine how panicked Clark must be at what he heard.
Timing was definitely good. Not only did it mean she was on the phone talking to the best possible person, but she wasn't actually in the conference, but just outside!

So instead of a "cliff hanger" we have a "building faller," so to speak. I agree with Debbie; Clark will be pushing himself to his limit on this cross-country flight.

Joy,
Lynn
lol That's a good one. It's not a cliff-hanger ... lol

Originally Posted by Mike M
Well if she did not want to see him for a while she should not be hanging around buildings that are being blown up...
Nope. But, then again, she doesn't know it would be Clark that she was seeing when Superman turned up.

As mentioned before this chapter was classic Lois and Clark and
I actually think this chapter made some progress in their new found relationship. Lois is less panicked about it by the end of the chapter
*nods* She's coming to terms with the situation, gradually. She's not quite completely there, but she's closer.

I smell a revelation just around the corner whistle

Mike
Really? You'll just have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by Morgana
She doesn't want a ring? huh How disappointing. help
*grin* If you read it again her breath hitched ... she does. The scene was from Clark's point of view, but Lois' heart skipped a beat at that point.

She doesn't want to tell anyone? confused Really? shocked
She really is not ready to tell people, she's scared.

Yup, this is classic Lois and Clark. He pursues and she panics.
*nods*

Like MikeM said, this is a perfect set-up for a revelation! Clark is really going to have to be super fast in order to save his lady love. Lois is gonna be alive but really angry.
He's going to be faster than ever before. Not sure if Lois will be angry to see Superman show up though!

The phone conversations were very much Lois and Clark. I could see them talking to one another, including the split screen.

Kudos! thumbsup
Thanks. I was going for 'classic' LnC with these phone calls.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
shock Come back! Post More! Don't leave us hanging with barely a handhold on this cliff, please! Superman Help!
evil

Also, how will Clark leave the Daily Planet without someone seeing him turn into Superman?
Um, same way he always has to. Make a stupid excuse then disappear?

I'm glad Lois was honest with Clark. She wants to marry him but it seems to quick and she needs some time to adjust to the idea. I can see how that could be disappointing for someone looking at rings. My advice. Buy the ring, propose again (or for the first time), all while confessing his love for her. She might bolt again, but at least she'll know the truth of his motivations.
Keep reading.

So, are you posting soon? How about now? Now? Now!
Um, is Wednesday soon enough for you?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The Phone Calls
So…more long distance? peep
Yup. Lois hasn't come back yet.

Clark turned away from the sparkly window and began heading down the street.
Not wanting to be seen standing too long in front of a jewelry store while dressed like a gentleman robber?
I don't believe I even mentioned what he was wearing!!!!

“It just took me by surprise. I didn’t expect it to happen like that and I’m not sure I’m ready.
But *she* was the one who suggested it in the first place!
LOIS: mad Your point being…?
CLARK: Yes, it was your idea but you leapt in without checking the water level and now you've realised you are drowning!!!! Don't worry, my love, I can save you!

Clark looked back, over his shoulder, at the Jewellery store, regretfully, and then hung his head.
MAZIK: Whew, that was a close one.
lol

Once inside the room she tossed away her bag and dropped to the floor scrambling under the bed.

It took a moment for her eyes to adjust but eventually a small shadow began to stand out from the rest of the shadows.
huh Did she already buy herself a ring?
lol Nope.

“Very funny, Clark. You used to run a mile whenever a hot blonde came on to you, even before we uh ...
He ran? So *that’s* what’s caused the massive delay. This Clark isn’t into women!
wallbash You know better than that.

“Thanks, I gotta go. I just snuck out to call and I think I’m missing Australia now.”
Wow, she’s actually taking the GWS seriously jawdrop
She's a professional, of course she is.

“Yes, I’ll call you after everyth---,“ Lois had the wind knocked out of her suddenly and then a massive explosion rocked the building.
shock
Tee Hee.

Oh boy. Clark won’t be able to get to her to keep her from getting hit.
No, Clark will not get there in time to save her from the chunk of ceiling. Oh dear.

So…the chunk might actually be only a small bit that’s just going to knock her down from the shock. Or, considering she’s engaged, it might be big enough to cause her amnesia. Hmm…the explosion might be the 2nd Pinch Point evil
Just to relieve your worry, there is no amnesia in this story.

Dare I ask for comments?
Dare I ask for part 12? wildguy

wave Michael
Of course you can ask. Whether you get is another thing.

Originally Posted by Mike M
I was wondering also that Lois getting injured might be the impetus to get Clark to actually spill the beans about his feelings for her but that might not technically fit into the RomCom plot that KK has going here (but then neither did the exploding building shock).
*looks around shiftily* What? Did I stray from RomCom? Oh no!

On the other hand something external is needed to get these two to open up to each other as they seem to be pretty incapable of doing it themselves huh.

Mike
Keep reading. Things are changing!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aargh! spider

Come on Katherine! We all need an update. Please, pretty please! hail grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yikes shock thud...Wow--did not see this coming! Please be a small piece of ceiling falling? A light piece of dry wall? Just a lil bump on the head?

Yeah, I'm thinking this could go either way here (based on comments above): Either Clark makes it there in the nick of time, Superman-news is 'out there' pretty quick btw them, Lois is safe, and having a lot more adjusting to everything to do...or...Lois is hurt, Clark feels horrible, and feelings--because of a scary situation--come to light btw them. (Or, just as likely, you have an amazingly fun thought up your sleeve notworthy ).

I really enjoyed the phone calls--and just how much they are talking, too. Thought it all really showed their deep level of friendship that their new relationship is going to be (eventually) based on. The teasing about Clark visiting was awesome. Loved it!

Posting soon? Pretty please? grovel hail hyper
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

I don't believe I even mentioned what he was wearing!!!!
He’s always wearing a suit, a tie that distracts from his face and glasses to mask his features.

CLARK: Yes, it was your idea but you leapt in without checking the water level and now you've realised you are drowning!!!! Don't worry, my love, I can save you!
laugh He hoping to have to perform some CPR techniques on Lois?

<Not happy with ER’s progress>You know better than that.
Oops? More funny that way? Does one have to be consistent?

No, Clark will not get there in time to save her from the chunk of ceiling. Oh dear.
/squints/

Whew! Although you didn’t say anything about Lois not getting kidnapped to a lonesome island by a crazed doctor.

grumble

*looks around shiftily* What? Did I stray from RomCom? Oh no!
rotflol

Only one more sleeping till #12, right? Right? Please? Pretty please, Vic! grovel

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Aargh! spider

Update? Is it Wednesday? I do updates on Wed and Sat.

grin

Originally Posted by LMA
Yikes shock thud...Wow--did not see this coming! Please be a small piece of ceiling falling? A light piece of dry wall? Just a lil bump on the head?
The chuck of ceiling will crush ... something.

Yeah, I'm thinking this could go either way here (based on comments above): Either Clark makes it there in the nick of time, Superman-news is 'out there' pretty quick btw them, Lois is safe, and having a lot more adjusting to everything to do...or...Lois is hurt, Clark feels horrible, and feelings--because of a scary situation--come to light btw them. (Or, just as likely, you have an amazingly fun thought up your sleeve notworthy ).
I think you'll all be surprised, but hopefully like, the next chapter. Everyone seems to think this will automatically lead to a revelation, but Superman is known for showing up at major catastrophes. Why would Lois think anything was odd?

I really enjoyed the phone calls--and just how much they are talking, too. Thought it all really showed their deep level of friendship that their new relationship is going to be (eventually) based on. The teasing about Clark visiting was awesome. Loved it!
Thanks. The phone calls are lovely and WAFFy and remind me of LnC.

Posting soon? Pretty please? grovel hail hyper
Um, is Wed classed as soon?

laugh He hoping to have to perform some CPR techniques on Lois?
Oh, apparently the more you practice that the better you get? Is that right?

Whew! Although you didn’t say anything about Lois not getting kidnapped to a lonesome island by a crazed doctor.
lol Nope, no kidnappings either.

grumble
Tee Hee

Only one more sleeping till #12, right? Right? Please? Pretty please, Vic! grovel

wave Michael
Well, that all depends on what time you read this reply, and what timezone the reader also happens to be in. *giggle*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Aargh! spider

Update? Is it Wednesday? I do updates on Wed and Sat.

grin
I'm sure it's Wednesday somewhere in the world about now.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I'm sure it's Wednesday somewhere in the world about now.

I believe it is probably getting close (around 9PM) where KK lives but maybe she is getting ready to head to bed... I suspect the new part will be there when I get up tomorrow morning though.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Oh, apparently the more you practice that the better you get? Is that right?
CLARK: hyper Can I practice please? Maybe even with Lois?
LOIS: He wants me to need resuscitation? cat

Well, that all depends on what time you read this reply, and what timezone the reader also happens to be in. *giggle*
It’s Wednesday now! Good morning, Vic! hyper grovel

wave Michael

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It’s Wednesday now! Good morning, Vic! hyper grovel

wave Michael
Well, yes it is Wednesday but I'm currently out with my girls. Promise I'll post when I get home at lunch time.

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard