Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I'm aware that cars aren't actually allowed on Mackinac island; the movie had to get special permission to import them temporarily.

Well, what do you think?

Last edited by ShayneT; 08/06/14 12:18 AM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Is it you?" What a great line. It could mean so many things. I can't wait to hear what Clark thinks it means. smile

Interesting that Lois ended up in a linen closet. That's an odd place to sleep. The cosplay angle intrigued me. Apparently, Lois had forgotten her journey through time. I loved this line:
She groaned as she managed to push herself up with one hand. Her purse was lying next to her. She opened it and pulled out her IPhone. She slipped it out of its case and grimaced. Although it was fully charged, there were no bars.
No bars! rotflol That's an understatement. I guess by her having an iPhone we're in the 21st century and not the 20th anymore.

Hopefully, the thug won't end up finding her there. Maybe he will. Perhaps he's the one who starts the fire.

Yes, the overt sexism of the late 1800s would have driven Lois batty. I'm glad she was able to keep her cool and stay in character. If all else fails, cry. clap Brilliant!

For a moment there, I thought Lois was actually going to call the Daily Planet, and end up speaking to the editor from a hundred years before. That would have been a shocker of a revelation.

Lois is going to have more difficulties as a woman in this time period than Reeve did as a man. One thing I noticed in the film was that the hotel didn't have private bathrooms. Reeve's character had to use the shared "gents" bathroom. Although, the couple in the room where he originally woke up seemed to have one. Maybe it was just the cheap rooms. huh

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/06/14 12:57 AM. Reason: Fixed comment

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
One thing I noticed in the film was that the hotel didn't have private bathrooms. Reeve's character had to use the shared "gents" bathroom. Although, the couple in the room where he originally woke up seemed to have one. Maybe it was just the cheap rooms. huh

Clark shaving in a shared bathroom. I'd love to see the reactions!

BTW. Hooked again. (I've got to start ignoring the "complete" descriptions until they age a little.)

So, does the thug get to the mainland and become Luthor's great grandfather?

Shallowford
Kerth
Kerth
I'm really into the story at this point. I've been to Mackinac Island so I can see your descriptions vividly in my head (fun place for a day trip!). Looking forward to the next part!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another fun part. Do you have any idea about how many parts there will be all told?

Virginia, this part had the following line:

She wouldn’t want to see what 1912 thought was an appropriate jail cell for a woman counterfeiter if she tried to pass 2012 bills.
Therefore, the modern part of the story takes place in or after 2012.

I, too, am intrigued by the "Is it you?" question.

It's been a few years since I saw "Somewhere in Time," but IIRC, there was a similar scene with the young boy and his ball. If so, this was a nice homage.

I guess with no Superman in her life, Lois wouldn't have met Wells. I wonder whether he is a time traveler in this universe.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous take on this film.

Now regarding clothes, there was a running theme that Reeves suit was wrong for that time. I think his clothes were from 1909 or there abouts. Also Lois running around with her hair in a pageboy cut would have caused a stir. Another point, decent young ladies wore hats.

Lois would have stuck out like a sore thumb. Love to see you address this in the story.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
The hotel museum in the movie was a tiny room, really. The large linen closet is what the room was used for before it became a museum.

I'm not sure how many sections there will be to this. I can't imagine it would be 86 chapters like some folcs have written, but it's certainly not even halfway over. Usually I'm not sure until I get five or so chapters from the end.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So now Lois is back in time! The romance needs to start hopping. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard