Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
If you need to catch up on earlier chapters, or re-read one, they're all collected here, thanks to Mike M and LabRat.

I was tempted to call this chapter "Kevin in Heaven." wink So, what do you think?

Top Banana
Top Banana
At least they thought to bring some things to help them once they got near Kara (camping equipment, pictures, etc) and I suspect there will be more and it will be necessary in the not to distant future. Of course nothing would prepare them for 'Supergirl'.

Spalding does remind of Henderson, the guy always putting things together and being equal to or one step ahead of everyone else sometimes even Lois and Clark in thinking things out. It was one of the things I liked about the Black Knight series that Nan Smith did where Henderson gets super powers. That analytical mind and powers, wow what a combination.

Putting them with the Tongs is a great move because Megan and Kara will talk as soon as possible (as that is what BFFs do) and that will connect them up with Kara much quicker. They also have proven to be trustworthy with secrets which is necessary for now.

I loved the 3 for 8 and not improving his average line rotflol.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally somebody recognized that they are the real deal! clap

"Kevin in Heaven" would have been a very appropriated title, too. grin

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
Interesting: Detective Spaulding sees the resemblance between Clark and Kara but doesn't comment about one between Lois and Kara.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I am wondering what happened with regards to Kara. Was she a New Kryptonian relative? Or was she someone that is a merging of Clark and someone else (by force or without his knowledge)? I know Zara doesn't have Blonde hair, so it can't be her. Or maybe she is exactly what her origin is, the cousin of Clark by Zor-El.

Does Kevin's response remind them of Jordan or Jimmy?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Am I the only one who read Lois and Clark's reaction to hearing that Kara thinking that she might not be their biological daughter as the empathic pain parents might feel thinking that their daughter could think this? Wow, that was badly worded. Let me try to say that better. Lois and Clark hear that Kara thinks that she may be adopted. I read their reaction as their horror as parents thinking that their daughter was afraid that she wasn't their own or didn't love her as their own daughter and the pain she might have been suffering with these thoughts. I didn't see it as confirmation that Kara was adopted.

I'm glad Kevin and Megan's folks took in the Kents. That was very nice of them. Kevin is truly in heaven. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
To virginiar: I can definitely see your point of view in that. I can see both sides...but that's a good one.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
It's been two days. I need my fix real bad. Please post another chapter soon. This story is addicting.

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you for the comments, everyone!

I need my fix real bad.
My computer died today… evil

…but I have all the data I need to post for a while, as well as full backups, so there won’t be any interruption in posting, nor have I lost any data. Chapter 39 will be posted tomorrow morning. It’s on the short side, so I’ll post Chapter 40 Saturday morning.

I should have my computer back by Monday at the latest, I was told.

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I blame Tempest for the computer. He will stop at nothing.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by DebbieG
Thank you for the comments, everyone!

I need my fix real bad.
My computer died today… evil

…but I have all the data I need to post for a while, as well as full backups, so there won’t be any interruption in posting, nor have I lost any data. Chapter 39 will be posted tomorrow morning. It’s on the short side, so I’ll post Chapter 40 Saturday morning.

I should have my computer back by Monday at the latest, I was told.

Yikes! I know the feeling of "out of commission" writing. We'll all be waiting with bated breath.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A great chapter! Yes, how thrilling (and unsettling) it would be to have Superman as a houseguest, even an incognito Superman. The comic book geek in me would be ecstatic.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard