Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As promised! Part Two on Monday! Comments are welcomed! dance

Last edited by Morgana; 08/05/14 12:31 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm enjoying this story. You've got me intrigued.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, we've been introduced (although not formally) to our unexpected visitor. Let's see what we know of the man. Kryptonian, ex-military, now on a peace mission. Ching?

So, why try to kill Clark in such a public manner? At least, I'm hoping what the assassin said is true and Lex doesn't know about Clark's other identity. Or was Sam Snow lying when he accused Lex? That would be a fun twist, and would probably start a full-out war with another criminal faction which wouldn't work in the constrains of a three part story.

What is Ching doing back on Earth? What was his peace mission about? I'm also curious what Ching will do when he confronts Lex. Oh, that's right this is a different universe where Lois and Clark married earlier, right? There was no HoL or BatP. Hmmmm. I'm curious what's going on here. An unexpected visitor, indeed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Curiouser and curiouser. Who is the mystery Kryptonian?

Looking forward to part 3!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I am unsure about it being Ching. The touch of silver in the hair probably indicates someone from a different time period. It could be Ching from the future, doubt it could be Clark from the future due to eye color. Very interesting description of the visitor. As Virginia said, obviously Kryptonian due to reaction to Kryptonite.

Interested in how you are going to wrap this up in one more part as there are a lot of loose ends to wrap up (visitor, Luthor, Clark injury, Abrihet) ...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks one and all for the comments. Just came in from vacation in the North country. Will answer all your comments tomorrow.
clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
O boy! Sometimes you have to wonder if Tomorrow will ever come? crazy

Anyhow, these are my thoughts on the kind comments sent over last week. Bet you guys thought I forgot?

AnnieB
I'm enjoying this story. You've got me intrigued.

If you are intrigued, than this story is doing a good job. Every time a new post of Panem appears it sets me at the edge of my seat.

VirginiaB
Okay, we've been introduced (although not formally) to our unexpected visitor. Let's see what we know of the man. Kryptonian, ex-military, now on a peace mission. Ching?

wink Hmmm, three out of four ain't bad...

Or was Sam Snow lying when he accused Lex? That would be a fun twist, and would probably start a full-out war with another criminal faction which wouldn't work in the constrains of a three part story.

Eli Snow. Neither Intergang or any of the other criminal factions we have come to know are in this fic. As you pointed out, there is no way this can be wrapped up in one part.

DebbieG
Curiouser and curiouser. Who is the mystery Kryptonian?

Someone trying to fulfill a promise. Thanks for reading. Part Three will be up soon...

Mike M
Interested in how you are going to wrap this up in one more part as there are a lot of loose ends to wrap up (visitor, Luthor, Clark injury, Abrihet) ...

One loose end is complete Abrihet and our favorite scientist are together...

The others you will have to wait and see.

Ching? Think again, there are other Kryptonian males we have met on the show....

Again, thank you all for commenting, it means a lot. hyper

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Ching? Think again, there are other Kryptonian males we have met on the show....

Again, thank you all for commenting, it means a lot. hyper

The only other 'friendly' I remember is Trey. At least he was not overtly hostile and was loyal to Lord Kal-El as a person instead of the title.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
A brief, sharp stabbing pain had lanced through his body when the bullet cracked through the window.
Another Kryptonian? Is this the Unexpected Visitor?

The various descriptions of this man lead me to believe he has battle experience, but is also much older than Clark. He also is compassionate and caring. Doesn't help me to figure out who it is yet, though. Grrr.

My boss is … Lex Luthor.
So, it's been confirmed that Lex is after Clark.

Glad the assassin has been caught. Very glad that the bullet is out of Clark. Extremely curious to know who this unexpected visitor really is.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Katherine Kent

The various descriptions of this man lead me to believe he has battle experience, but is also much older than Clark. He also is compassionate and caring. Doesn't help me to figure out who it is yet, though. Grrr.

The one part I left out about this description is that Jor-El is very handsome. He also has a wonderful smile. Since those two things would have been direct clues to the visitor's identity they were omitted.

So, it's been confirmed that Lex is after Clark.
Yeah, Lex was after Clark, but we see how that turned out!

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One loose end is complete Abrihet and our favorite scientist are together...
But the other loose end is the biggest one! shock

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Just outside the auditorium, a tall man, wearing a classic tan trench coat
/scratches head/ Lex? But you mentioned fish in the previous FDK… So…Tempus?

his close cropped black hair shot with hints of grey took in the tense scene before him.
Or Henderson?

A brief, sharp stabbing pain had lanced through his body when the bullet cracked through the window.
Kryptonian?

His sensitive nose picked up and held the lingering reek of chemical fire,
Definitely Kryptonian. Someone is in T-rouble!

It required every erg of self-control in his possession not to sacrifice himself to rage. Control was the key in conquering this opponent, as in all things he who is patient shall gain much. Drawing in a cleansing breath, the tall man turned and in an instant, vanished.
confused is that a superpowered Lex? huh

but is there anyone who might want to cause your husband harm?”
Every crook in the greater Metropolitan area?

His opponent, a balding, middle-aged man with a lifetime of hard living stamped on his face,
Lex after jail?

When he refused to speak, his captor closed his hand slightly, cutting off the assassin’s air supply.
I don’t think this is proper police procedure…

He gave me this special ammo. He said it would prevent his friend Superman from helping him.”
Hehehe See? evil

“He lives on the top floor of the tallest building in Metropolis! He owns the building!”

“Ah, his fortress, the base of his power … that I understand. Thank you. Rest well.”
rotflol I wonder if Lex has actually set up defenses against a non-law-abiding Kryptonian.

“Awkward communication device”, he murmured under his breath.

“No. When I found him, he was uninjured and awake.”
rotflol

The operator said with puzzlement in his voice, “Sir, I don’t recognize your accent. Are you from outside the United States?”
He’s from up North.

I apologize for the injury; here I do not know my own strength.

He had traveled too great a distance and overcome numerous obstacles to allow a would-be assassin to prevent him from his goal
So, Lex is going to get Dillingered?

Off to part 3 hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ultra Woman

Bernie needs to have a strong, yet compassionate woman by his side. Who better than Abrihet?

Final loose end will be done soon!

Last edited by Morgana; 08/18/14 07:16 AM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

Thanks for the comments! hyper

So what do you think? Did Lex get Dillingered?

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well...not in the strictest sense of the word laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard