Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think? Next chapter will involve first meetings, I would imagine.

Last edited by ShayneT; 08/03/14 06:47 PM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh. Spooky! I'm doubting Lois is going to keep thinking that this was a practical joke. Is she still wearing the pink dress or had she changed? Interesting that she was able to walk around the hotel outside of any given time. I wonder what happened to the thug? Was he shot into another time as well? Poor Arthur. I hope he survives all right.

So, will Lois make it back into the present? Or into the future? Will she be able to take Clark with her, or will he be stuck in the wormhole? Can't wait to find out.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clearly Lois needs to go get Clark. She needs Superman around if she wants to live to see thirty.

I liked your description of time travel, though I wasn't clear on what happened to the thug who was also holding on to Lois's purse.

As a modern woman, I think Lois may experience a bit of culture shock in the era she just arrived in.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Obviously the bounty on her head had NOT been rescinded. She needs to find Clark for no other reason than to get some information on what in the devil just happened to her. I assume he has figured out much of it over the years. The question is whether he or they can control it. Also Lois may have some ideas on how to control the portal that have escaped Clark. Doesn't she always??

Side note: My preference is always for a clever/strong Lois character and you certainly seem to be putting forth one in this tale.

This story could go one of a bunch of different ways so I look forward to seeing which direction you take it.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woooh! Seriously impressed! shock

Apparently Lois was seen by a number of people as she flickered on and out of reality. Time travel is always depicted as tricky, for both the traveler and the people he affects. You did a great job on both accounts.

Somehow I think Arthur is the linchpin in all of this. Hope he survived.

Drop a new part as soon as you can! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Woooh! Seriously impressed! shock

Apparently Lois was seen by a number of people as she flickered on and out of reality. Time travel is always depicted as tricky, for both the traveler and the people he affects. You did a great job on both accounts.

Morgana, I also was impressed with the way Shane depicted the time travel. In Herb's Time Machine everything goes blurry and they end up wherever/whenever they were trying to go. With the portal the Shane has conjured up, the passage is more gradual with the passenger seeing glimpses of time slices (maybe even briefly touching down in them) as she passes through them.

I am unsure what the final few sentences were referring to: more of the portal action?, Lois's body reacting to the time portal travel?, an earthquake? Then everything goes black? As Shane said in the opening post of this FDK, the next part is when the first meetings will occur. Maybe things will be clearer after those meetings (but I somehow doubt it...)

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is Lois trapped in a time loop now? She bought the dress because she saw it in the picture, but she's wearing it in the picture because she had bought it in the present. crazy So, where did the dress come from? confused And how can she escape from the time slip? I imagine Clark has been looking for a way out and has not found it until now. sad Maybe Lois will have some idea to save both of them. grovel help

Fascinating story! clap

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Am loving your adaptation of the movie, Shayne. I don't know if it was me and my toddler-affected reading environment, but the scene shift with the bad guy showing up was a little abrupt for me. Did you mention the price on her head earlier in the story and I just missed it?

I really loved her flickering in and out of time like that. Besides it being a great visual, it goes a long way to explain her Clark sightings through the years. How he was able to find her in times of trouble is another mystery, though.

B

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
During Lois journey through time she frightened a little girl. After looking back over Part Two I noticed her conversation with Irene Matheson, was she the little girl in question all grown up?

Perhaps this is a nod to the writer Richard Matheson who wrote the original story?

Just a thought...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard