Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks to Mike M and LabRat, there's a helpful TOC collecting all previous chapters and comment threads. Chapter 38 will be posted Tuesday morning.

Thanks for your comments! What do you think of this chapter?

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, loved the police interaction, and the later discussion about Lois and Clark.

I am assuming you plan to have Kara see Teri Hatcher in an ad for Desperate Housewives?
http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-c...sperate-housewives-tv-guide-cover-01.jpg

Now Monroe and his ilk will have a non superpowered Lois and Clark they can use in their attempts to control Kara.

Should be fun for a little while, at least till Clark's power charge up again.

We know from canon that travel between 'Verses does not strip Clark of his powers so this has to be something Tempus knew about this 'Verse.

I am hoping it will be something Kara can solve by flying Clark high up and getting him more direct / less filtered exposure to the sun. However based on part 16, I doubt it will be that simple.
Tempus rolled his eyes. “You can put the gun down, Herb; I’m unarmed. I told you, I’m here for the celebration!”

Wells squinted. “What celebration?”

“Why, of the deaths of Superman, Lois Lane, and Utopia, of course!”

Wells felt a chill go up his back. “And how is that to come about?”

“It already has. Or it will. Once they arrive in that world.

Now the other question is, how many Karas did Tempus kidnap and drop into worlds like this one? This Kara could turn out to be the daughter of another Lois and Clark.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Framework4
Delightful, loved the police interaction, and the later discussion about Lois and Clark.

I am assuming you plan to have Kara see Teri Hatcher in an ad for Desperate Housewives?
http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-c...sperate-housewives-tv-guide-cover-01.jpg

Now Monroe and his ilk will have a non superpowered Lois and Clark they can use in their attempts to control Kara.

Should be fun for a little while, at least till Clark's power charge up again.

We know from canon that travel between 'Verses does not strip Clark of his powers so this has to be something Tempus knew about this 'Verse.

I am hoping it will be something Kara can solve by flying Clark high up and getting him more direct / less filtered exposure to the sun. However based on part 16, I doubt it will be that simple.
Tempus rolled his eyes. “You can put the gun down, Herb; I’m unarmed. I told you, I’m here for the celebration!”

Wells squinted. “What celebration?”

“Why, of the deaths of Superman, Lois Lane, and Utopia, of course!”

Wells felt a chill go up his back. “And how is that to come about?”

“It already has. Or it will. Once they arrive in that world.

Now the other question is, how many Karas did Tempus kidnap and drop into worlds like this one? This Kara could turn out to be the daughter of another Lois and Clark.

I like Virginia's thought on yesterday's part. The part of Kara that became super was the human part not the Kryptonian part. Maybe Tempus sent them back there because he knew the environment would take Clark's powers away, he just did not know that Kara and Lois would become super powered. Only the next few chapters will tell but as Tempus is so fond of saying, I love the irony...
evil

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Mike, that's a great point. Wow, everyone's been talking about superman, would be great to see it turn into ultrawoman. Talk about irony indeed!

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Tailee
Mike, that's a great point. Wow, everyone's been talking about superman, would be great to see it turn into ultrawoman. Talk about irony indeed!

I cannot claim originality for the idea, it was Virginia. But I bet Lois never thought to pack her UltraWoman outfit when they started out...

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
I like Virginia's thought on yesterday's part. The part of Kara that became super was the human part not the Kryptonian part. Maybe Tempus sent them back there because he knew the environment would take Clark's powers away, he just did not know that Kara and Lois would become super powered. Only the next few chapters will tell but as Tempus is so fond of saying, I love the irony...
Thanks for the credit, Mike, but it was someone else's idea. Mouserocks, I think. huh Can't recall who suggested it. I agree with you and Tailee that it would be fun and ironic. lol

I'm glad someone's thinking outside the box and actually considering that these people COULD be the real Lois and Clark. I'm not surprised that other people have come forward claiming the same thing (although, it would be pretty stupid to make such a claim if you weren't, being that Kara would recognize her own parents. Duh!) How the other people came with their own photos, though, I don't know. Photoshop?

It's so funny that this is a universe with Teri to confuse the mix. Wonder what Lois and Clark are going to find at the library.

Thanks for posting twice this weekend. smile1 You make procrastinating on my own story so easy.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Thanks for the credit, Mike, but it was someone else's idea. Mouserocks, I think. huh Can't recall who suggested it. I agree with you and Tailee that it would be fun and ironic. lol

I went back and checked and it was actually Christina (see below from Part 35 FDK)

Originally Posted by Christina
Clark and Lois are here! Ok I have a theory. We all have been saying that Lois is the one to fear and I think there may be a bit of literalism here. What if those little "ice cream cones" that gave Kara her powers are actually a bit of her human blood is the one that gives her the powers. That would mean that Lois could potentially be superpowered here.

I highly guessed that Clark would be the one affected by this world (taking away his powers) and while we haven't seen it yet, it's likely to happen.

I suspect we will know more in a few days when Debbie posts Chapter 38 but then she might choose to drag it out a bit evil.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Mike M
Originally Posted by VirginiaR

I went back and checked and it was actually Christina (see below from Part 35 FDK)

Originally Posted by Christina
Clark and Lois are here! Ok I have a theory. We all have been saying that Lois is the one to fear and I think there may be a bit of literalism here. What if those little "ice cream cones" that gave Kara her powers are actually a bit of her human blood is the one that gives her the powers. That would mean that Lois could potentially be superpowered here.

I highly guessed that Clark would be the one affected by this world (taking away his powers) and while we haven't seen it yet, it's likely to happen.

I suspect we will know more in a few days when Debbie posts Chapter 38 but then she might choose to drag it out a bit evil.

Mike

Thank you for pointing this out (I was going to but ended up putting it off.

I did see that Debbie addressed Lois's potential super-development in 36.

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Munroe roasting on an open fire…

Goodness! I get the impression you all dislike the Honorable Gerald Munroe!

As for Lois's dizziness, she's experiencing a minor version of what happened to Clark. Thanks to fetal microchimerism, she has a small number of cells from the children she carried, and so a small population of Kryptonian organelles. Not enough to give her superpowers or make her vulnerable to Kryptonite, but enough to make her a little healthier and age a little more slowly than a normal human. And to make her dizzy when Clark lost consciousness.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
clap Love this chapter! I'm so glad Lois and Clark are coming back into this! Kara's gone long enough without her parents, and Detective Spalding's almost-sixth-sense at the end was perfect-- even sort of reminds me of Henderson. smile Can't wait for more!

(Also, to the commenters, that was most definitely not my idea, though I wish it was, because Lois getting powers is brilliant!! I wonder if things really will go that way... ) laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, cheers for Spaulding being intelligent! Next part soonest, please.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you for the comments! Unfortunately there's nothing I can respond to without spoilers (one way or the other), so I'll have to leave it at that. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard