Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Surprised? What's gonna happen now?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Didn't expect the Pact to be on but I'm squeeing a little about it right now.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! The date has finally happened! party

Oh, Clark. You and your big mouth. Why do you always insist on opening it? /shakes head/ You DON'T want Lois this way, do you? Accepting you as a challenge? mecry

At least, I know that they will figure out that there's love involved before the end, but a part of me hopes that Clark tells Lois that he doesn't want to be engaged like this. She just took the opportunity to propose away from him. It sounds like he needs to talk to Martha and Jonathan and get slapped upside the head.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I like how Lois unilaterally decides they're engaged. laugh

I wasn't expecting the story to take this direction, but it was a nice surprise! I'm sure there are plenty of bumps ahead. Fasten your seatbelts.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by DebbieG

I wasn't expecting the story to take this direction, but it was a nice surprise! I'm sure there are plenty of bumps ahead. Fasten your seatbelts.

Oh for sure on the bumps. I suspect most of them to be fairly hysterical.

On the unilateral engagement, I think Clark should buy her a ring and make her wear it since she has decided that they are engaged whistle .

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois arrived at the restaurant. Vino Mia.
Sounds Italian. Is Clark trying to use pasta to make her do things?

At least he didn’t say he’d be wearing a red carnation.
How about red underwear?

Just gave me a code word to say at the desk.
‘Ultra Woman’?

“I was told to say ‘Lara’ and you’d know which table to take me to.”
shock Clark!
LOIS: So, Clark, why ‘Lara’?
CLARK: It’s my birth-mother’s name.
LOIS: cat

And, anyway, she’d get a good meal out of it.
Now, Lois!

He was facing away and she could only see his back. His broad shoulders were covered by a black jacket. His thick, slightly wavy, dark and shiny hair was just curling up at his collar.
So, he’s her type, then?

The welcoming smile on his face dropped and his eyes widened when he saw her. She knew her face reflected the same shock.

“Clark!”
“Lois!”
thumbsup

“Lois, how would Superman feel to know you are going out on a date?”
They’re not exclusive and Superman always expressed an interest in him and Clark having a night of passion with Lois?

“It’s you isn’t it. You are my date.” She groaned and put her head in her hands.
Ding Ding Ding!

“So, you’re my hot match then,” she said in a cheery voice.
Well…she does think that he’s hot, so…

Make the best out of this Lois, turn it around somehow.
[Linked Image] One Night Stand?

Clark risked a look up at Lois while perusing the menu. I can’t believe it is Lois. She’s here, on a date with me. Don’t ruin it, Kent. This is the breakthrough you were hoping for. I can’t believe I nearly gave up on this.
/eyes part number/ This isn’t going to be on the dark side from part 10 on, is it?

I’ll challenge her on it later. Let’s just enjoy this now.
He could ask her to marry him and tell her that it’s okay for her to hook up with Superman on the side?

“Okay, I can’t take it anymore. What is Lara?” she blurted out.
evil

“Oh,” she sat back again. “I didn’t know you were in touch.”
He found a speck of dust last week that might have been her.
CLARK: mecry

“I’m not in touch with them. They are ... um,” he paused.
They died when their home blew up. They barely managed to throw me to safety first.

"So, how does a Kansas farm boy afford a meal at Vino Mia?" she asked, clearly attempting to lighten the mood.
Well…there was that hold up at Metropolis National Bank earlier this day…

Lois knew she fell more in love with him over the course of the evening, but she allowed herself to enjoy the moment.
So, she going to make for like the Road Runner, then?

“So, what will Superman think when I tell him that you’ve cheated on him?”
[Linked Image]

She put down her spoon and slumped her shoulders. “I think you know, Clark.”

“Of course I do. He’ll be devastated.”
[Linked Image]

“No.” She shook her head. “You know ... that I was lying. I’m not in a relationship with Superman.”
jawdrop

Not that I’d be offering myself to him anymore. She looked up at Clark. Well, maybe if he offered. If anyone could help me get over Clark, it’s Superman.
laugh So, if Superman where to put a job ad for ‘Concubine’ into the Daily Planet’s Classifieds section…?

And we both know that I’m not an easy person to live with.
And yet, he hasn’t left to date Linda…

“Isn’t that my choice?” he said and Lois looked up in shock.
shock

“I thought you didn’t want to be alone.” He threw her tipsy words back at her.

“I don’t,” she admitted without thinking what the revelation would mean.

“So you just don’t want to be alone ... with me?” he challenged.
Oh boy. That won’t end well…

Her fight or flight mode had been permanently active for over a week now and she’d done too much of the ‘flight’.
jawdrop

“Okay, then. You’re on. As of this moment we are officially engaged.”
thud

What? Wait, what? Huh? What? Wait, what? Huh? [Linked Image]

That was the most awesome midpoint revelation I have ever seen! notworthy Well…that I can actively remember to have ever seen. This is… [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Surprised? Try "stunned." Although I had, of course, expected them to get engage eventually, I hadn't thought it would happen for another few parts at least. Of course, technically they aren't yet engaged; although Lois has proclaimed that they are, Clark has not officially agreed to it. He certainly hinted that that was what he wanted, but he never outright said it, and if he misinterprets Lois' motives, he might still decline the engagement.

BTW, I really liked the line about if anyone could make her forget Clark, it's Superman. That's a nice turnaround from her canon way of thinking.

Also, is it safe to assume from Clark's choice of entree that you have read late 1980's or 1990's era Superman comics? IMO, that was the best era for Superman.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
jawdrop I was so totally not expecting that to happen. This RonCom has gone to another plateau! Forget levels! You gotta post the next installment soon!

From the sounds of it they went to a very swanky place indeed! Hope Clark has enough room on his credit card!

Last edited by Morgana; 08/04/14 07:03 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
jawdrop I was so totally not expecting that to happen. This RonCom has gone to another plateau! Forget levels! You gotten post the next installment soon!

Morgana, that makes a whole bunch of us huh.

Speaking of diving in without checking the water depth shock.

As I said earlier, a number of ways we could go from here but I would love to see Clark bite and buy Lois a ring and tell her she HAS to wear it. I mean after all they ARE engaged now. We all know how skittish she gets initially about that sort of thing, especially after she gets a night to think about it help .

I am certainly awaiting the next chapter..

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Great part! I'm really enjoying this story. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Christina
Didn't expect the Pact to be on but I'm squeeing a little about it right now.
Tee Hee. I don't think anyone will have expected it so early on. In fact, I'll let you in on a little secret...

When I wrote this scene ... I didn't expect the Pact to be on, either. I was going to have Lois set Clark up on as many dates as possible. But this scene/date got away from my control and Lois started acting 'Lois' like and all of a sudden ...

So, the story starts to go in a different direction from now on, and it's all the characters' fault, not the writer's. grin

Plus, how could Lois continue to set up dates without Clark realising now. And Clark wouldn't agree to the dates because he's decided that he DOES want to marry Lois.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Yea! The date has finally happened! party
grin

Oh, Clark. You and your big mouth. Why do you always insist on opening it? /shakes head/ You DON'T want Lois this way, do you? Accepting you as a challenge? mecry
CLARK and his big mouth!!! People are usually groaning at Lois and her big mouth. Well, yes he kind of challenged her, but didn't expect Lois' reaction. He just expected that they'd finally talk about it.

At least, I know that they will figure out that there's love involved before the end, but a part of me hopes that Clark tells Lois that he doesn't want to be engaged like this. She just took the opportunity to propose away from him. It sounds like he needs to talk to Martha and Jonathan and get slapped upside the head.
You want Clark to propose? Virginia, there's nine more parts (plus epilogue) yet. You have no idea what is to come yet. peep

Originally Posted by DebbieG
lol Yes. She's like that.
Soooooo many bumps still to come!

Originally Posted by Mike M
Oh for sure on the bumps. I suspect most of them to be fairly hysterical.
You've no idea! Re-reading this as I'm getting it ready for posting I keep thinking (as I did when I wrote it 1st time round, years ago) 'this is not funny, it's supposed to be funny, no one is going to laugh'. But people do. Somehow, it is a comedy, and people do laugh. It surprises me.

On the unilateral engagement, I think Clark should buy her a ring and make her wear it since she has decided that they are engaged whistle .

Mike
Well ... *whistles*

Actually, Clark would never force her to do anything. He's far too gentle and kind and understanding. But it would be a funny way to get his revenge!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Lois arrived at the restaurant. Vino Mia.
Sounds Italian. Is Clark trying to use pasta to make her do things?
I thought it was Clark that got all ... you know ... with pasta!

At least he didn’t say he’d be wearing a red carnation.
How about red underwear?
rotflol

Just gave me a code word to say at the desk.
‘Ultra Woman’?
lol Nope.

“I was told to say ‘Lara’ and you’d know which table to take me to.”
shock Clark!
LOIS: So, Clark, why ‘Lara’?
CLARK: It’s my birth-mother’s name.
LOIS: cat
I think you are reading ahead again, Michael

The welcoming smile on his face dropped and his eyes widened when he saw her. She knew her face reflected the same shock.

“Clark!”
“Lois!”
thumbsup
Happy? grin

“So, you’re my hot match then,” she said in a cheery voice.
Well…she does think that he’s hot, so…
LOIS: Oh yeah! He's hot ... Um, did I say that out loud?

Make the best out of this Lois, turn it around somehow.
[Linked Image] One Night Stand?
No, no and no again!!!!! *despairs of Michael*

“Okay, I can’t take it anymore. What is Lara?” she blurted out.
evil
Told you that you'd been reading ahead.

"So, how does a Kansas farm boy afford a meal at Vino Mia?" she asked, clearly attempting to lighten the mood.
And he was on the opposite side of that confrontation to what he usually is? Is that what you are trying to say?

“No.” She shook her head. “You know ... that I was lying. I’m not in a relationship with Superman.”
jawdrop
You didn't expect her to admit it? Well, she knew herself, even when she first mentioned it in the last chapter, that it was horribly unbelievable. She knew that Clark knew it wasn't true.

“I thought you didn’t want to be alone.” He threw her tipsy words back at her.

“I don’t,” she admitted without thinking what the revelation would mean.

“So you just don’t want to be alone ... with me?” he challenged.
Really. I think her response is good!

thud

What? Wait, what? Huh? What? Wait, what? Huh? [Linked Image]
Are you okay Michael? Do I need to call an ambulance? You're not having a heart attack are you?

That was the most awesome midpoint revelation I have ever seen! notworthy Well…that I can actively remember to have ever seen. This is… [Linked Image]

wave Michael
Thank you. The most awesome you've ever seen. WOW! Well, just wait till the (approx) 3/4 point then!

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Surprised? Try "stunned."
*giggles* I like shocking people. Everyone knew that the Hot Match Wild Card would be Lois and Clark. There was NO surprise at all, so I needed something to shock everyone with!!!

Although I had, of course, expected them to get engage eventually, I hadn't thought it would happen for another few parts at least. Of course, technically they aren't yet engaged; although Lois has proclaimed that they are, Clark has not officially agreed to it. He certainly hinted that that was what he wanted, but he never outright said it, and if he misinterprets Lois' motives, he might still decline the engagement.
He wants this ... there is no way he's declining the engagement.

BTW, I really liked the line about if anyone could make her forget Clark, it's Superman. That's a nice turnaround from her canon way of thinking.
grin

Also, is it safe to assume from Clark's choice of entree that you have read late 1980's or 1990's era Superman comics? IMO, that was the best era for Superman.

Joy,
Lynn
*whistles* Nope, nope. Never read any comics. Nuh Huh. Haven't got 2 boxes of Superman under my bed. *shakes head violently* Not at all. (1990s - best ever).

Originally Posted by Morgana
jawdrop I was so totally not expecting that to happen. This RonCom has gone to another plateau! Forget levels! You gotten post the next installment soon!

From the sounds of it they went to a very swanky place indeed! Hope Clark has enough room on his credit card!
Thanks. Hope you enjoy the direction it's gonna take now. And, yep, it was swanky! Clark's a careful, responsible man with his money!!!

Originally Posted by Mike M
Morgana, that makes a whole bunch of us huh.

Speaking of diving in without checking the water depth shock.
She's had eight years to "check the water level". I'm sure she knows what she's doing! *giggle*

I am certainly awaiting the next chapter..

Mike
I bet you are not the only one!

Originally Posted by groobie
Great part! I'm really enjoying this story. thumbsup
Thank you very much. laugh

KatherineKent/Victoria
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Um, do I take it from this that you are happy?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“What are you doing here?”
I knew it! [Linked Image]

The mood was unpleasantly broken when Clark said the one thing she hoped he’d forgotten about.

“So, what will Superman think when I tell him that you’ve cheated on him?”

She put down her spoon and slumped her shoulders. “I think you know, Clark.”

“Of course I do. He’ll be devastated.”
If that is his way of wooing a woman it's no wonder he's still single. [Linked Image]

Okay, this I did not expect. They are engaged! [Linked Image] But I don't believe things will run smoothly at first. Lois must go in panic mode as the wedding gets near and she thinks that Clark's marrying her out of pity. [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Al dente? Hmm…possibly, yeah. But I think Virginia had Lois also quite excited during pasta, so I might be confused now blush

[Linked Image]

Happy?
[Linked Image]

LOIS: Oh yeah! He's hot ... Um, did I say that out loud?
[Linked Image]

One Night Stand?

No, no and no again!!!!! *despairs of Michael*
[Linked Image] It’s not *my* fault! … What? … Oh shut up you! Wookies…

And he was on the opposite side of that confrontation to what he usually is? Is that what you are trying to say?
[Linked Image]

Doesn’t preclude things going bump in the night.

Are you okay Michael? Do I need to call an ambulance? You're not having a heart attack are you?
/stops using left arm/

Thank you. The most awesome you've ever seen. WOW! Well, just wait till the (approx) 3/4 point then!
Oh dear. [Linked Image] 2nd plot point! [Linked Image]

Umm… part 10? Please? Pretty please?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
I knew it! [Linked Image]
laugh I think most people saw this coming!

If that is his way of wooing a woman it's no wonder he's still single. [Linked Image]
lol He'd never behave like that with anyone else. He'd never tease anyone else in this way. And he'd never threaten to 'tell' on anyone ... he knows it was all a lie.

Okay, this I did not expect. They are engaged! [Linked Image]
Everyone expected this date to be Lois and Clark, but no-one expected it to end in an engagement!!!!!

But I don't believe things will run smoothly at first.
Really? Why ever not?

Lois must go in panic mode as the wedding gets near and she thinks that Clark's marrying her out of pity. [Linked Image]
Panic mode has ALREADY started. Read chapter 10.

Al dente? Hmm…possibly, yeah. But I think Virginia had Lois also quite excited during pasta, so I might be confused now blush
And you are easily confused, are you?

[Linked Image]
Oh, so you're psychic then?

Doesn’t preclude things going bump in the night.
Plenty of bumps to come.

/stops using left arm/
rotflol

2nd plot point!
Kind of. But not really. Just wait and see what cliffhangers are to come!

Umm… part 10? Please? Pretty please?

wave Michael
Okay. laugh

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

And you are easily confused, are you?
[Linked Image]

Oh, so you're psychic then?
Virginia accuses me of being able to sneak into her harddrive. Not that I’d do such thing!

[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
[Linked Image]
peep

KatherineKent/Victoria
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whoa!!! thud clap dance They-Are-Engaged!

Yeah, I didn't see this coming either. I was pretty well convinced that it would be Lois and Clark going out on this date, but would not have predicted it ending with an engagement (not that I'm complaining sloppy notworthy --love how you surprised us here!).

What a great date...Lois is in love, Clark is in love, they are engaged (but neither really knows the extent of how much they love each other). Excited to see them go through the process of realizing how much the other one really, truly cares for them. And curious to see all the bumps along the way smile.

Great story!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard