Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Its been awhile since I have posted anything besides comments. Please let me know your thoughts. hyper

Last edited by Morgana; 08/01/14 08:50 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well certainly more WHAMMY than the previous three stories... I assume this story is to tie the three previous stories together? The original three were not put forth as a trilogy or sequel type stories so this one would take those three loose ends and tie them together.

So the story. Who shot Clark and why with a Kryponite bullet? Although actually we haven't been told that it actually is Kryponite since Bernie just removed it at the end of this part, Lois and Bernie just suspect. Someone who knew Clark was Superman? Someone who wanted Clark out of the way and hoped Superman would come to his rescue and be taken out by the Kryponite? Something else altogether different like Clark suddenly being vunerable due to another occurance?

Can't wait until Part 2.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana, I must have missed reading "The Ring". Can you supply the link to that story?

/Also, you have "Unexpected Visitor" as your story title and FDK for the "Expected Visitor". Which is the correct story title?/

I have to agree with Mike. You certainly surprised me with that twist from what started out to be a romantic piece about Dr. Klein and the visiting professor, whose name I'm not even going to try to spell from memory. I wonder how Lex discovered Clark's secret! shock

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I always wanted to meet the Nigerian Princess. It's starting off pretty intense! I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello Mike M!

Thank you for the feedback, it was very much appreciated!

So the story. Who shot Clark and why with a Kryponite bullet? Although actually we haven't been told that it actually is Kryponite since Bernie just removed it at the end of this part, Lois and Bernie just suspect.

Gently, trying not to hurt Clark any more than necessary he used what little purchase he had on the slug with the teeth of the saw to coax the slug out. It was a tedious process but he could feel the slug slowly moving back out the way it had gone in. Eventually it was close enough to the entry wound so that the green glow could be seen through the blood.

Green glow? Yup, must be Kryptonite! whistle

Someone who knew Clark was Superman? Someone who wanted Clark out of the way and hoped Superman would come to his rescue and be taken out by the Kryptonite?

Very close Mike! One of these questions will be answered in Part Two, which will be posted sometime on Monday. Hopefully the answers will be satisfactory yet surprising! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Good Evening Virginia! I think providing a link to The Ring can be arranged! The Ring

Let me know what you think of this little story, it might have been the first one I ever posted.

Title mistake corrected! It is An Unexpected Visitor.

Yes, Abrihet is only a small part of the story, we will see more of her and our favorite gentle scientist later on. Also as a hint; Abrihet is not the unexpected one in the title!

Really? Who says Lex discovered Clark's secret? smile1

Thanks so much for reading!

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello DebbieG!

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to comment.

I always wanted to meet the Nigerian Princess. It's starting off pretty intense! I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Please look at my response to VirginiaR and find the link to The Ring which is an early story of mine. Perhaps it will bring a gentle smile to your face.

Yes indeed, Visitor is starting off with a bang! Literally! Don't expect things to get any calmer for Lois, Clark and their friends. But never fear, they have a most unexpected ally on their side.

Feedback is always welcome!

Last edited by Morgana; 08/01/14 10:27 PM.

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hello Mike M!

Thank you for the feedback, it was very much appreciated!

Gently, trying not to hurt Clark any more than necessary he used what little purchase he had on the slug with the teeth of the saw to coax the slug out. It was a tedious process but he could feel the slug slowly moving back out the way it had gone in. Eventually it was close enough to the entry wound so that the green glow could be seen through the blood.

Green glow? Yup, must be Kryptonite! whistle

Caught me!! razz

I read the part originally at work quickly and missed that specific reference until I went back over that section when responding the Virginia's comment during lunch and found it shocked .

Mike wave

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
But never fear, they have a most unexpected ally on their side.
Lex?? jawdrop Now that WOULD be unexpected...

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Abrihet is only a small part of the story, we will see more of her and our favorite gentle scientist later on. Also as a hint; Abrihet is not the unexpected one in the title!
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the unexpected visitor is the Krytponite bullet. smile

Really? Who says Lex discovered Clark's secret? smile1
Um... You... in your description of this story.

Originally Posted by From Part 1
Description: This is a brief follow-up tying together some my previous vignettes: Ants at a Picnic, A Lovely Smile and The Ring. In this story, Lex Luthor had a brief flirtation with Lois, but she saw through his façade and married Clark instead. For that reason and many others, the billionaire was determined to permanently remove Clark from the landscape of his life.
If I'm wrong, it's only because you led us on a merry red herring fishing trip. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yup, red herring fishing trip it is! Read on valiant one! smile1

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi

Well, I love those short stories, so lets see what this one brings to the mix.

Professor Abrihet Senai, the Nigerian princess who in years past had taught Clark the deceptively simple art of ballroom dancing. But this afternoon she was utilizing her talents on a decidedly different stage; as the Sorbonne’s guest lecturer on sword metallurgy and its application to modern science.

Abrihet, the assistant professor of French Medieval Studies at the Sorbonne,
Wow, she's quite a woman. Princess, ballroom dancer, Professor, etc, etc. (Not to mention she worked out a certain little secret in the short story dedicated to her.)

It seemed that her congenial personality and brilliance had also managed to captivate Bernard Klein. The bashful scientist had called Clark later that evening wanting to know what men’s shop to visit in order to purchase a reasonably priced suit, fashionable enough to wear at a scientific lecture and perhaps a private dinner for two?
Aww.

a sharp cry of pain from one of the members of the audience
Had to look back on this after reading the following paragraph. The member of the audience who cries in pain ... it's Clark, isn't it? Noooooooo.

a rather lovely smile
Nice nod to the other fic.

Okay. Too many questions. Rather than list them it's on to part 2.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Katherine Kent

Well, I love those short stories, so lets see what this one brings to the mix.

So glad you liked these little stories, they certainly made a lot of people smile. This short story gently gathers the others together to round out the series.

Wow, she's quite a woman. Princess, ballroom dancer, Professor, etc, etc. (Not to mention she worked out a certain little secret in the short story dedicated to her.)

Its amazing what can be accomplished when we know how to manage our time! smile

Aww.

What can I say? Originally Bernie wasn't in the story, but something just told me they would be 'right' together! Read on, the best is yet to come.

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Bernie wasn't in the story, but something just told me they would be 'right' together!
Bernie "fits" this story. After reading this part it's hard to imagine how it would have been without him.

Who says Lex discovered Clark's secret?
Lex was very intelligent and smart. In the comics he was still more brilliant. Evil, but brilliant. I don't think Clark would be able to hide his secret from him forever.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana! smile1
For that reason and many others, the billionaire was determined to permanently remove Clark from the landscape of his life.
Oh dear. Is Lex going to move to Gotham City?

as the Sorbonne’s guest lecturer on sword metallurgy and its application to modern science.
That whole bit is an interesting twist. Is Lex going to end up in an African prison? And is the princess going to discuss Lex’s sword?

Her compassion and patience had been essential in encouraging him to learn to dance ballroom style.
Dancing’s much easier while floating?

The unexpected tinkling of broken glass and a sharp cry of pain from one of the members of the audience was closely followed by the muffled report of a rifle at some distance sounding like a car backfiring.
Huh. That’s can’t be good.

But instead a shocking sight assaulted her eyes. Her husband of two months lay supine against the chair, a bright, red plume of blood splashed against the white of his favorite shirt expanding eerily across his chest.
Huh. That does sound quite bad.

Fusco stared up at him, a quizzical look on his round face and said, “Why not wait for the paramedics? They’ll be here in a few ...”
[Linked Image] What if Clark Kent was shot with a Kryptonite bullet to make sure that Superman wouldn’t be able to get him to the hospital fast?

This entire situation was unnerving, the *last* thing he wanted to do was use a scalpel on another human being.
Good thing Clark’s an alien, then, huh?

“Mr. Kent lifts weights, his muscle mass takes up less space, but weighs more than fat.”
laugh To be fair, the guards wouldn’t know.

Both guards took that as an indirect jab against them.
See?

Surprisingly, after his initial probe and despise undergoing an extremely painful procedure; the young man did not make another sound.
Maybe he’s already dead?

Once this was done he grabbed a gauze square and slapped it over the wound to staunch the flow of blood.
Oh my. That was jawdrop

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
VirginiaR

I hope you like the red herring chase! It was fun to do.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ultra Woman

Bernie "fits" this story. After reading this part it's hard to imagine how it would have been without him.

In my original outline, Clark was shot and Bernie was not around. Lois had to dig the slug out herself. Eek! eek

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

That whole bit is an interesting twist. Is Lex going to end up in an African prison? And is the princess going to discuss Lex’s sword?

As you can see nothing like this even remotely happened!

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image] Although, Lex might have preferred that outcome...

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard