Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Seriously? Wish I knew which ones (so that I could avoid them and possibly the authors of them.)

http://www.tickld.com/x/20-worst-romance-novel-quotes-eve

#4 makes me think of a bad Superman fanfic (of the romance variety).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
New challenge - write a nfic using as many of these lines as possible. It's fair to slightly change the lines (example: change names to Lois and Clark and places to Metropolis) but the story must be written as if you really believe that these lines are sexy. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
New challenge - write a nfic using as many of these lines as possible. It's fair to slightly change the lines (example: change names to Lois and Clark and places to Metropolis) but the story must be written as if you really believe that these lines are sexy. smile
eek Please, no. That sounds like shear torture. I'm sure a better challenge would be to come up with equally horrible lines on our own, which would apply to our characters. (See Lynn S.M's thread about Superman's Pick-Up Lines ) AND then, have someone try to put those into an NFic story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by groobie
eek Please, no. That sounds like shear torture. I'm sure a better challenge would be to come up with equally horrible lines on our own, which would apply to our characters. (See Lynn S.M's thread about Superman's Pick-Up Lines ) AND then, have someone try to put those into an NFic story.

I did consider posting these in the fanfic challenge folder challenging someone to use these lines in a fanfic.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Can't believe that an editor / publisher let those out of the gate. I think the challenge would be to write a story witout accidentally improving the line.

Shallowford
Kerth
Kerth
rotflol OMG I'm dying over here!! When I read your comments I was like, they can't be that bad... But that's worse than I could have possibly imagined!! /crying/

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I imagine that like media tie-in series that generic romances that are N a month with this exact theme sell a given number of copies no matter how good or bad they are. So as long as you avoid so bad overall that the line gets a bed rep you don't care about small bits. I remember a writer that was doing a media tie-in complaining that if they would approve the outline in two weeks and give three months to write the book instead of vice versa it would make for better quality.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard