Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Obviously things are straying a bit from the original, but that's not all bad. I'm surprised so many Lois and Clark fans haven't seen Somewhere in Time. What do you think?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I stayed up late last night watching Somewhere in Time again, as it's been years since I last saw it. It's on Netflix's Instant list (for anyone who hasn't seen it).

Ah, the photograph. That must be quite some hypnotic photograph if it has all the women wondering if he's looking at them with that look of love.

Interesting that Lois would fly from Michigan to Minnesota for an interview and then back again, instead of phoning. Then, again, she's a bit of a face-to-face type person.

Poor Clark arrived a hundred years too soon. So, does Lois somehow manage to go back in time? Does Clark really wait that long to meet her again? That's true love. What will he do, if he finally meets her in the future?

So, why doesn't Clark change from the suit? Is it because that's the suit he was wearing when she last saw him, or is there some other reason?

Is he caught in some sort of awful time loop and can only show up when someone's in danger? Otherwise crazily floating through time in one of those horrible clear time boxes (i.e. from Lois and Clarks)? I love that Lois found a photograph of him and his mysterious female friend, who just happens to have Lois's same (out of style for the time) haircut. The plot thickens.

I'm so glad you decided to write more. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Kind of melancholy at the moment; I'm hoping for a happy ending. wink It's an interesting take on the movie. I'm curious to see whether they ultimately land in the modern era or the past.

Well written, as always!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good story. Keep it coming, Shayne.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love it! Thanks for continuing the story. I was waiting for Lois to find a photo of Clark and the 'mystery' woman. Perfect place to end the chapter. I can't wait for the back story to be revealed.

I, like Debbie, wonder whether they will end up in the current time or the past but to be quite honest I really don't really have a preference either way.

I have updated the TOC to reflect the multiple parts and that it is not complete.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I would rather have them end up in the present than the past - I think that Lois would have a hard time living back then with her modern sensibilities. I expect that Lois travelled through time and back, but Clark is just not aging and is waiting until she has her time travel adventure so that they can meet again. That doesn't explain the suit, though.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark must be stuck in a time loop.

Please, please may the end of this story be better than the original. mecry

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, is Clark a Kryptonian in this world? Is he stuck without Lois, not aging? Or is he just Joe Schmoe, regular guy?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard