Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comment away.

Anyone want to know the title for the next chapter?

The Hot Match Wild Card

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois is riot. She's been best friend with Clark for YEARS and still doesn't seem to know or understand him. Then, again, how many women has she seen him date? Mayson? And... any others? I doubt it.

Interests: Animals, Sport, Romantic Movies, Easy Listening Music, ...

Easy Listening Music! Where’d she get that idea. I have a wide interest in different music. And Romantic Movies? When’s the last time we watched one? Sports movies, or Action movies would have been better.

Your Ideal Mate: Sweet and gentle personality, likes cooking, charity interests, ...

She’s just described Jenny. He paused and his eyes widened. Or Lana. Is that who she thinks I should be with? Is that what she thinks I’m attracted to?
With those interests and with Lois's original ones, I can't see them ever being matched up. Then again, Lois IS a traditional woman. evil Although, I don't know a single person who would consider Opera as "easy" listening. rotflol

He hoped Lois would accept his explanation of getting caught talking to Eduardo, then getting stuck in the elevator, and then ending up on the wrong floor, and then deciding to walk back down the floors only to find the door from the stairwell jammed shut.
Oh, geez, Kent. You're hopeless when it comes to excuses. How about: There was a line at Metrobucks Coffee.

“Clark! Oh, no. Get some cold water on it immediately.” She ran round to him in a panic. “Oh, Jeez, you’re gonna have burns.”

“Lois.”

“Um, run to the bathroom, I’ll call for first aid help. We may need to take you to hospital.” All this time she was trying to brush away the liquid with her thin voile scarf.
Can we say that she's over-reacting too much?

“How come you haven’t mentioned The Pact?” he asked.
shock NOT like that, you lunkhead! [Linked Image]

“I ... couldn’t tell you. I couldn’t tell anyone. You see he asked me to keep it secret. We can’t go through with The Pact anymore. I’m in a relationship.”

“With who?” Clark asked. It seemed too unreal. Somehow he distanced himself from the conversation; as if watching from over his own shoulder. It separated him from the heartbreak, kept him from letting the devastation overwhelm him.

“Superman,” she replied and gave a little laugh and smile.

Clark collapsed back into the chair stunned. Or was that relieved? She isn’t seeing anyone. But why fabricate a relationship with Superman?
rotflol Oh, Lois, you've dug yourself a deep hole with that little lie.

Enter Superman (the next day): Oh, Lois, my dear, darling. You have finally succumbed to my fondest desires. Kent told me that you've finally accepted my Kryptonian love offering. I had always thought it impossible that you would want to give up your life here in Metropolis. With Kent's generosity, I have erected a tall tower on his folks' Smallville, Kansas farm for our home. You'll be safe there, my sweet, and nobody will see you walking about nude as is the custom for Krytponian wives as they cook and clean for their lords. Nor will anyone be able to bother you as there will be no door to the tower that I cannot fly in and out of. We will consummate on the twentieth full moon of our marriage as is the tradition and every fiftieth after that. I just know that we shall be deliriously happy. (Perhaps Clark could hire Barry the Superman impersonator to play Superman and watch Lois's reaction from the comfort of his own desk.)

If Lois and Clark both get matched up together on their Wild Card date, won't it prove Lois's admission about her relationship with Superman as false? I see trouble a head for our duo and much fun for us the readers. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Next chapter:

LOIS: What are you doing here?

CLARK: What are you doing here?

It's going to be fun! [Linked Image]

Andreia lol rotflol

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois! Talk about digging yourself into a hole! There is no way she's going to get out of this one! Victoria, thank you do much for the laughs! I can hardly wait to see how all this gets resolved.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, the logical next step is for L&C to date each other. That should be fun.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Lois is riot. She's been best friend with Clark for YEARS and still doesn't seem to know or understand him. Then, again, how many women has she seen him date? Mayson? And... any others? I doubt it.
Lois does know Clark, very well, in some ways. But she also has a very simple, bias and slightly prejudiced viewpoint of him, too!

With those interests and with Lois's original ones, I can't see them ever being matched up. Then again, Lois IS a traditional woman. evil Although, I don't know a single person who would consider Opera as "easy" listening. rotflol
Nope, her profile and Clark's would never be matched up. BUT she's just changed her profile. AND this is a WILD CARD date!!!! You never know.

Oh, geez, Kent. You're hopeless when it comes to excuses. How about: There was a line at Metrobucks Coffee.
Too simple. Too believable.

Can we say that she's over-reacting too much?
LOIS: I never overreact to anything!

shock NOT like that, you lunkhead! [Linked Image]
What? Did he not choose the right moment? Or maybe he didn't use the right words? What?

rotflol Oh, Lois, you've dug yourself a deep hole with that little lie.
Um, no she hasn't. No hole. I think you meant CRATER!!!!!

Enter Superman (the next day): Oh, Lois, my dear, darling. You have finally succumbed to my fondest desires. Kent told me that you've finally accepted my Kryptonian love offering. I had always thought it impossible that you would want to give up your life here in Metropolis. With Kent's generosity, I have erected a tall tower on his folks' Smallville, Kansas farm for our home. You'll be safe there, my sweet, and nobody will see you walking about nude as is the custom for Krytponian wives as they cook and clean for their lords. Nor will anyone be able to bother you as there will be no door to the tower that I cannot fly in and out of. We will consummate on the twentieth full moon of our marriage as is the tradition and every fiftieth after that. I just know that we shall be deliriously happy. (Perhaps Clark could hire Barry the Superman impersonator to play Superman and watch Lois's reaction from the comfort of his own desk.)
rotflol Oh my goodness. I can't stop giggling. That's just too funny.

If Lois and Clark both get matched up together on their Wild Card date, won't it prove Lois's admission about her relationship with Superman as false? I see trouble a head for our duo and much fun for us the readers. clap
Hmmm. I don't think Lois has considered for even one second that her date might be able to call her on this lie! Trouble ahead? Maybe. Fun for readers? I hope so.

Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
Next chapter:

LOIS: What are you doing here?

CLARK: What are you doing here?

It's going to be fun! [Linked Image]

Andreia lol rotflol
Is this your prediction? Cause ... you'll find out soon enough.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Lois! Talk about digging yourself into a hole! There is no way she's going to get out of this one! Victoria, thank you do much for the laughs! I can hardly wait to see how all this gets resolved.
Lois has the shovel stuck to her hand, I think. She can't help but dig. More laughs to come. This is a RomCom.

Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
Yes, the logical next step is for L&C to date each other. That should be fun.
There's nothing logical about this story at all. lol

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic!
Clark logged into his online profile and was about to push the cancel button when he noticed something.

Interests: Animals
Well…he does have a soft spot for mad dogs.

Easy Listening Music! Where’d she get that idea. I have a wide interest in different music. And Romantic Movies? When’s the last time we watched one? Sports movies, or Action movies would have been better.
LOIS: He always watches romantic movies with me. Or Lethal Weapon.

Your Ideal Mate: Sweet and gentle personality, likes cooking, charity interests, ...
Sounds like the antithesis to Lois. Is she *trying* to sabotage her relationship prospects?

He stood.

It’s now or never.

Help!
rotflol

Clark whipped his head around in the direction of the sound. Not now! He gritted his teeth and looked back to Lois.

“Um, Lois, you want a coffee?” he asked and then left without waiting for an answer.
Did he just leave his computer unlocked and the dating site up? Will Ralph fiddle with the profile and happen to make Clark want a bossy nag-queen with a short fuse?

*Clark, you idiot. Find a woman before I go stir crazy and jump you myself.*
laugh And you wonder why I keep mentioning the dark side[Linked Image]

He HAD found a woman. Jenny.
Correction. *Lois* had found him a woman. Jenny.

He hoped Lois would accept his explanation of getting caught talking to Eduardo, then getting stuck in the elevator, and then ending up on the wrong floor, and then deciding to walk back down the floors only to find the door from the stairwell jammed shut.
Sounds…plausible.
LOIS: More believable than some of his other excuses.

gloopy-acid-matter creature which had destroyed half a shopping mall on the other end of Metropolis.
Lex got out again?

Okay, Kent. You just dealt with a mutated acid monster, you can talk to Lois.
Yes, but he didn’t want to make kissy-face with the mutated acid monster.
RALPH: Oh, you *so* want to kiss Lois.

Why can’t you mention a simple Pact to the lady sat across from you?
Because living, breathing Kryptonite scares him senseless?

The cup crushed in his hands causing boiling hot coffee to spew out.
So…oops? Will he be able to sue the coffee stand for $300,000?

“Um, run to the bathroom, I’ll call for first aid help. We may need to take you to hospital.”
She trying to make it into a frontpage story?
Daily Planet reporter horribly burned in line of duty

Suddenly, he could hold in his frustration no more.

shock

Clark was pretty sure that he’d never seen her look quite as scared ever before, even when saving her from The Prankster’s ‘Ride of Doom’ two years ago.
Well…she didn’t *know* Kyle had cut her breaklines until they put her car into the shop after she nicked another car during a slide’n’park maneuver.
LOIS: Red traffic lines are merely a suggestion and a hint to be more alert for traffic.

She turned back suddenly, gesturing around with her coffee soaked scarf. “You see, I’m not ... single anymore.”
shock

“I ... couldn’t tell you. I couldn’t tell anyone. You see he asked me to keep it secret. We can’t go through with The Pact anymore. I’m in a relationship.”
cat She dating Lex again?

shock Liar liar panties on fire!

Clark collapsed back into the chair stunned. Or was that relieved? She isn’t seeing anyone. But why fabricate a relationship with Superman?
a) She is mentally unstable.
b) She really doesn’t want Clark.
c) We have another Cloneman situation on our hands.

I never thought he’d actually believe me. And even so, why isn’t he interrogating me on the details?
Because he can get the dirty details from his best bud, Superman!

Okay, Clark knows The Pact is now off
[Linked Image]

And how am I going to deal with seeing him lovely-dovey with Jenny?
[Linked Image]

Clark’s Kryptonian brain could think at light-speed but that was of no help in figuring out the bewildering Lois Lane.
I recommend using a quantum computer.
SPOCK: Humans are notoriously illogical, but Lois Lane makes Cpt. Kirk appear Vulcan.

**He told me not to tell anyone.**
**But I know him really well, he would have told me.**
**No, he said he didn’t even want you to know.**
He could do a striptease for her?

And how could he then reply? I know you’re lying because I’m Superman?
[Linked Image]
LOIS: blush

Re: Your First Love Match
hyper /points to previous FDK/ hyper

Soulmate. They claim an 80% success rate with finding your soulmate. I very much doubt that.
LOVE LINE Inc.: We have an H.G. Wells working in our science division.

She wants out? I’ll let her out.

And he clicked the button.
So…hyper and wallbash ?

Plus, midpoint! This will so be the Lois reveal, right? Or will they get paired with Dan and Mayson? Lex and Lana?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vic!
Clark logged into his online profile and was about to push the cancel button when he noticed something.

Interests: Animals
Well…he does have a soft spot for mad dogs.
lol Good one.

Sounds like the antithesis to Lois. Is she *trying* to sabotage her relationship prospects?
Yup!

He stood.

It’s now or never.

Help!
rotflol
What? *looks innocent* 'Superman' always interrupts important conversations between Lois and Clark, doesn't he?

Did he just leave his computer unlocked and the dating site up? Will Ralph fiddle with the profile and happen to make Clark want a bossy nag-queen with a short fuse?
What an awful idea! I do not want to see what Ralph would do to poor Clark's profile!!!

*Clark, you idiot. Find a woman before I go stir crazy and jump you myself.*
laugh And you wonder why I keep mentioning the dark side[Linked Image]
Nope. Don't wonder at all!

Sounds…plausible.
LOIS: More believable than some of his other excuses.
I thought so too. *nods*

gloopy-acid-matter creature which had destroyed half a shopping mall on the other end of Metropolis.
Lex got out again?
rotflol

Yes, but he didn’t want to make kissy-face with the mutated acid monster.
rotflol

Why can’t you mention a simple Pact to the lady sat across from you?
Because living, breathing Kryptonite scares him senseless?
Absolutley

The cup crushed in his hands causing boiling hot coffee to spew out.
So…oops? Will he be able to sue the coffee stand for $300,000?
And then the coffee stand will have to put up a sign for all future customers. "Do not crush cup with super-strength while coffee is still hot." Like those signs you see that make you wonder "What the heck happened to make them have to put that sign up."

“Um, run to the bathroom, I’ll call for first aid help. We may need to take you to hospital.”
She trying to make it into a frontpage story?
Daily Planet reporter horribly burned in line of duty
It would be a sure-fire Pulitzer, that one.

She turned back suddenly, gesturing around with her coffee soaked scarf. “You see, I’m not ... single anymore.”
shock

cat She dating Lex again?

shock Liar liar panties on fire!
*giggles* You like? Do you think she'll get away with this.

d) She's in love with Clark, but too scared to get close.
e) All of the above.

I never thought he’d actually believe me. And even so, why isn’t he interrogating me on the details?
Because he can get the dirty details from his best bud, Superman!
Oh yeah. They'll share a beer and then he'll describe their love making in graphic detail!

Re: Your First Love Match
hyper /points to previous FDK/ hyper
Whatever are you getting excited about?

Soulmate. They claim an 80% success rate with finding your soulmate. I very much doubt that.
LOVE LINE Inc.: We have an H.G. Wells working in our science division.
Hmm, quite possibly you are correct.

She wants out? I’ll let her out.

And he clicked the button.
So…hyper and wallbash ?
Getting even more excited eh?

Plus, midpoint! This will so be the Lois reveal, right? Or will they get paired with Dan and Mayson? Lex and Lana?

wave Michael
Yup, midpoint. What's the cliffhanger going to be!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

What? *looks innocent* 'Superman' always interrupts important conversations between Lois and Clark, doesn't he?
laugh
JIMMY: Hey! /points at union contract/

What an awful idea! I do not want to see what Ralph would do to poor Clark's profile!!!
No? You think he’d leave many spelling mistakes?

Nope. Don't wonder at all!
[Linked Image]

And then the coffee stand will have to put up a sign for all future customers. "Do not crush cup with super-strength while coffee is still hot." Like those signs you see that make you wonder "What the heck happened to make them have to put that sign up."
rotflol Although, normal humans should also be able to crush a styrofoam cup.

*giggles* You like? Do you think she'll get away with this.
[Linked Image] Clark’s too protective. He’ll do his best to swat out the fire.

d) She's in love with Clark, but too scared to get close.
e) All of the above.
rotflol
CLARK: If I chose ‘e’ I can’t go too wrong, right?

Whatever are you getting excited about?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
laugh
JIMMY: Hey! /points at union contract/
LAWYER: It wasn't an 'exclusive' contract. Just an agreement that you're allowed to interrupt. Other people are also allowed the same contract. Superman being one.

rotflol Although, normal humans should also be able to crush a styrofoam cup.
Yeah normal humans can crush a styrofoam cup, but these signs are always completely specific to the situation which gave rise to it.

Take a look.

[Linked Image]
Possibly. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh--this is GREAT! Lois is in a relationship with Superman?!?! Eek--Lois, what??? wallbash And if she only knew who she just admitted that too rotflol . I am loving this--it is so fun seeing where this is going to go next...

And he clicked the button: Hot Match Wild Card connection--here we come! Please match them? grovel grovel

Laura

Very much in catch-up mode...we were out of state house-hunting back where I grew up ( hyper --can't wait to move and get back 'home' ), so I'm a bit behind. Lots of lovely stories to read clap...

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

LAWYER: It wasn't an 'exclusive' contract. Just an agreement that you're allowed to interrupt. Other people are also allowed the same contract. Superman being one.
Hmm…I think Jimmy should get a new union.

Yeah normal humans can crush a styrofoam cup, but these signs are always completely specific to the situation which gave rise to it.

Take a look.
rotflol Yeah, just, it’s like posting it gender-specific huh

wave Michael

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
Ahh--this is GREAT! Lois is in a relationship with Superman?!?! Eek--Lois, what??? wallbash And if she only knew who she just admitted that too rotflol .
Yup. She has no idea what she just did ... if only she knew.

I am loving this--it is so fun seeing where this is going to go next...
There's lots of fun to come.

And he clicked the button: Hot Match Wild Card connection--here we come! Please match them? grovel grovel
Of course he clicked the button. grin And will it match them? You've already read the next chapter and know the answer to that!

rotflol Yeah, just, it’s like posting it gender-specific huh
*nods* Yup, stupid.

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard