OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lex howled in pain from the kick. He stumbled and twisted in an attempt to capture her. He was clumsy because of his knee injury and she was able to side-step again. As she did she brought her left fist around and caught him on the right cheek, gouging a track in it with her wedding ring.
Ye-ouch! That's going to leave a mark.

He said, in a menacing tone, “I don’t appreciate men making passes at my wife. I’m warning you, Luthor, leave … my … wife … alone! If you don’t, I just might not be there to rescue you the next time,” and snickered.

The look in Kent’s eyes was fierce. Lex had never seen the mild mannered reporter so angry and he quailed inside at his baleful expression. He didn’t know who to fear more, Kent or Lois. Lex was so stunned and even scared, that his knees went weak and he collapsed into the chair he had been holding onto for support.
Oh, now, Clark. That's isn't nice. Oh, and Lex, fear Lois more.

Also, how does one look fierce and angry while or after snickering? Is that even possible?

Luthor limped over to a chair and with a wince of pain, collapsed onto it, “No, Nigel. I’m really in love. I’m in love with a married woman.”

“Married, Sir?”

Shaking his head in mortification, Lex replied, “Yes, Nigel, married. Married to that country bumpkin, Kent.”

“Begging your pardon, sir; when has that ever been a problem in the past?”

As Luthor contemplated Nigel’s question he started to smile and it wasn’t a pretty smile.
Oh, no. THIS isn't good. What's he going to do next?

Perry replied, “Let me back in. On a trial basis.” Looking around, hoping that Lois wasn’t listening in he continued, “Son, don't ever beg a woman to take you back. Chances are, they will.”

Clark chuckled and said, “I don’t plan to do anything that would make Lois kick me out.”
How sad for Perry to say such a thing. And here I thought he loved his wife. Maybe Alice was right to kick him to the curb.

As jimmy exited, Perry exploded, “Jimmy! Blast that kid.”
You missed a capital "J" here.

I know what Miranda's going to do, even if Metropolis or Lois don't deserve this punishment, but what horrible thing are Lex and Nigel going to do?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

After the last part you seemed to be disappointed that the fight had been so short. I hope that now you are more satisfied. A good warrior doesn’t shoot all of his arrows in a single battle. He saves some for the rest of the war. The fight scene wasn’t finished; it had just reached a convenient pause point.

You are right about the snicker. It has been removed.

RE: Luthor. He was around for the entire first season. I suppose I could get rid of him early in this rewrite, but it is so much fun to play with him, don’t you think?

RE: Perry’s comment – that is straight from the script although I did change a few things around it to fit the new reality.

Corrected the ‘J’ on Jimmy too.

As far as Lex and Nigel, I guess you’ll just have to keep reading. HiM and ASU are in the can and I’m working on Witness.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KenJ
After the last part you seemed to be disappointed that the fight had been so short. I hope that now you are more satisfied. A good warrior doesn’t shoot all of his arrows in a single battle. He saves some for the rest of the war. The fight scene wasn’t finished; it had just reached a convenient pause point.
I wasn't disappointed in the first fight scene, Ken. It just seemed as if a woman with all her professed knowledge in martial arts wouldn't rely (or call) on her super-powered husband to rescue her in such a situation or so soon. I would be surprised if it were the first such situation Lois has found herself in, especially with her disastrous dating history. If Luthor did something more extreme than just be a handsy louse, I could see the need to call Clark. I could see her wanting Clark to be there, but not feeling the need to call him just yet.

In Requiem for a Superhero, it annoyed me that Lois let Menken drag her around like some helpless female, when that isn't who Lois is. Thank you for letting her solve her own problems with Lex. I did enjoy Clark's line about not saving Lex's life next time. smile

RE: Perry’s comment – that is straight from the script although I did change a few things around it to fit the new reality.
The canon scene always bothered me. It made no sense. The only explanation I could come up with was that Cat had put her up to the kiss. At least in your scene, April's motivation was made more clear.

We all have pet peeves even in our favorite show. Those were two of mine.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

I think you will be seeing more of Lois in action as this series unfolds. That was something that always bothered me about it also. Lois prefesses to be a brown belt and very seldom uses those skills. wildguy That is one of the things I am altering in this series along with the changed marital status. Frankly, Teri is not a martial artist and it shows in those scenes where they are called for. She is a dancer and the kicks she does are dance kicks, not karate. That was demonstrated in the MacGuyver episode - "Cleo Rocks". dance

Lois wasn't really calling her husband at that point. She was more regretting his absence because that would have prevented the situation entirely. Avoidance is to be desired over conflict. grin

April was forgiving Jimmy for coming on the way he did, because of his confession and apology. sloppy

Last edited by KenJ; 07/30/14 03:48 PM.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lex got kneecapped by Lois! Talk about justice? It's high time Lex felt just a little bit of the pain he has inflicted on others in the past!

So cool that Clark didn't lift a finger to stop her!

It was unclear about April visiting Cat, what was she there for? To give an important bit of gossip?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Don't have much time to review too deeply but,: Go Lois!

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It sounds like Lex is going to be even more dangerous than he was in canon. In canon, Clark was under the radar for Lex, but not any more. Yikes.

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, in this AU we have a Lois that is very much in love with her husband and is not falling for Lex’s charm. She is not going to take any stuff from him.

In the episode there was a lot left out in this particular scene which left a lot of room for character development for me. This Lex is a bit more aggressive as evidenced by his going after Lois and his approval of Nigel’s methods. Nigel patted his sidearm and Lex approved.

When Clark arrived, there was really nothing he needed to do. Lois had the situation well under control. Lex had been subdued and humiliated by Lois. He just threw some salt on the wound.

It was unclear in the script and also in the final version of the episode as to why April was there. I guess we could assume that Cat had scheduled a follow-up interview.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes. One of the things that I had a problem with in the series was the fact that even though Lois was supposed to hold a brown belt she very seldom demonstrated it. As I said, in an earlier comment, Teri is a dancer and not a martial arts practitioner and the ‘karate’ kicks she demonstrated in the series were really dance kicks. Very disappointing. In this AU Lois is demonstrating her skill in karate.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, the difference in the entire dynamic created by the fact that L&C are already married is dramatic. They are not advertising that they are married, but when necessary they do reveal their status.

Now, Lex is convinced that he is in love with Lois, but he also knows that Lois is married to Clark. Clark now has become an obstacle, blocking his way to having Lois and as you say, is very much on Lex’s radar now. Just how far will he go to try and remove that obstacle and how effective will his attempts be?

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard