Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback goes here. cool

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! This story is back! hyper

“Well, let's be serious here,” Mr. Byrne continued. “You expect us to believe that *Superman*”—he emphasized the name—“was really just an 'ordinary, Kansas farm boy' who just *happened* to also be the most powerful man on the planet? I mean, it's an unexpected plot-twist, I'll give you that; but it's also pretty ridiculous, and I say this with the experience of someone who once had to fix a screenplay where the monster was made of sentient shoe-laces!”
rotflol Who knew it was such a good disguise?

“But it *is* an act!” Lois fumed, glaring daggers at both men.

“In that case,” asked Les, “why didn't he ever go to Hollywood?”

Lois huffed.
Yes, the center of the world is Hollywood. Why in the world would a man save people when he could act? [Linked Image]

“What if we went with something a little bit more believable?” Les offered, rubbing the bridge of his nose. “We could imply that he was that rich guy—what was his name—Bruce Wayne! That would at least be a little plausible...”
Because if SM lived as a regular human being he'd have used his powers to accumulate wealth? Also, [Linked Image]

“It's me,” came Charlotte's voice from the other side of the door.

Lois' eyes widened in panic. “Uh, Charlotte, we're a little busy right now,” she said.

“I know what you're up to, Grams,” said Charlotte. “I came back while you were telling them about great-grandpa Clark going through the New Kryptonians' tests.”
Like Charlotte wouldn't have heard what they were saying.

What's going to happen next? I can see that Les believes Charlotte but Bryne, I don't know. He's seems like quite a stubborn self-important type guy. Will outing the Kents solve the problem, or make matters worse? I can't wait to find out.

So, Charlotte just outed herself and possibly Lois. Either these guys think she's nuts or they believe her. It wouldn't take much to prove to them the truth. So, what's going to happen?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
So happy to see this one back...got me excited to read the next one.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry about your writer's block. Love the story and many times it makes me laugh out loud at the director's comments.

Virginia, with the doubt these folks have I don't think I would consider Charlotte outed just yet. Maybe if she floated in front of them they might believe it. I am wondering if Lois is not going to have to tell them who she really is or has Charlotte calling her grams done it already?? Of course how does she prove it??

Next: a casting call for Bruce Wayne.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Exciting!!! Promise to be quite interesting, to prove them that Clark was Superman, and doing it!!

ready for the next part! ;-)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, what's Charlotte going to do with the movie? More soon.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Les and Mr. Byrne stared blankly at her. After several moments, she began to feel uncomfortable. Not for the first time, she wondered if this wouldn't turn out to be a horrible, horrible mistake.
Because they’d fire her or because they’d have her committed?

Lois gaped at them. “What?!”
Well…it *is*!

“Well, let's be serious here,” Mr. Byrne continued. “You expect us to believe that *Superman*”—he emphasized the name—“was really just an 'ordinary, Kansas farm boy' who just *happened* to also be the most powerful man on the planet?
Lois could have Charlotte come back her and stick her gran-gran-daughter with a big knife?

, and—and *farm* things!”
LOIS: shock I’m not a *farm*.

“They. Are. Not. Aliens,” Lois grit out through her teeth.
They’re naturally born citizens?

“What if we went with something a little bit more believable?” Les offered,
Like Lex Luthor being Superman?

“We could imply that he was that rich guy—what was his name—Bruce Wayne!
laugh

Some half-baked yarn about Clark Kent and Superman being the same person isn't going to—”
But they spin yarn all the time in historical fiction.

“Whoever that is, you'd better be bringing my aspirin or I will rip off that door and beat you with it!” he shouted.

“It's me,” came Charlotte's voice from the other side of the door.
So much for protecting his little kitten.

“I know what you're up to, Grams,” said Charlotte. “I came back while you were telling them about great-grandpa Clark going through the New Kryptonians' tests.”
Oops?
LOIS: Oops?
CHARLOTTE: *Oops*?

Les' forehead crinkled, while Mr. Byrne's expression went completely blank.

Lois chuckled nervously. “Um, I really have *no* idea—” she began.

“Come in,” Les interrupted.
They do realize that Lois and Charlotte could have set that up, right?

When Jordan told me about the argument and your sudden change of heart, I started to smell fish.
Pregnant again?
CHARLOTTE: Excuse *me*! I *am* a Lane.

Charlotte grinned. “Wow, you must have already spent too much time with Gramps,”
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Charlotte's jaw dropped. “Grams, do you really think we'd just turn on each other like that, especially in a real crisis?!”
They *are* Kryptonians. And Lois *did* already watch them do that.

“My job,” Charlotte replied. She turned to the two men sitting slack-jawed on the other side of the table. “Gentlemen, shall we make a movie?”
hyper Also, she could always say it was Les’ idea?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard