Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I'm sure you can all figure out which Christopher Reeve movie inspired this. It's certainly not going to be an exact crossover...Anyway, let me know what you think?

Should I continue? Leave it as a vignette?

Should I write other show inspired stories? Maybe Joe versus the Volcano inspired luggage fic? (Just kidding.)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper I'm excited, too! Write more! I knew by the title and I dove in, instead of returning to work on my own story. A part of me hoped it was a continuation of your other tease from earlier in the week, but this... *this* holds much more promise.

WRITE IT! grovel More, please! smile

Was the bellhop Jimmy? Will Lois travel back in time? Why hasn't Clark changed his clothes? Is he hoping she'll recognize him? Does he live in the hotel? Were they born out of sync and he's been waiting for her to arrive for all these years? Or is he... No, he can't be dead, can he? How did Lois almost die (this time)? Ooooh! I want to know. So, you better write it so I can find out.

Also, please no 'Joe vs. the Volcano' luggage fic. That was the worst Meg and Tom film ever made.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I recognised the title too. I'm so excited, especially as you say it won't be an exact crossover... I'm hoping I know what it is that won't follow the film...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
Kerth
I didn't recognize the film - just enjoyed the premise of your story. Go for it...I'd like to see more. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Shame on me. I saw the film and I figured early on that the ghost was Clark Kent, but I hadn't connected the two until midway through the story. (I had thought from the title that you were going somewhere completely different and much darker. I had thought that Lois would be investigating the story of a baby being found dead in a rocket in Shuster's field and that "chasing ghosts" was being used figuratively, as a variant of "wild goose chase.")

I'm curious about why the bellhop thought Lois looked familiar. Is the bellhop a very-well-disguised Clark?

Joy,
Lynn

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Goosebumps....

(Pls pls continue)

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I didn't recognize the film by the title of this story but as soon as you mentioned ghost alongside Grand Hotel (in Michigan) I knew. My mother had a copy of that film in her collection (one of the few romance ones she had and the only one with Christopher Reeve) so I'd seen this even before I'd seen the Superman movies (mom wasn't a superhero fan, much). I thought there might be hints of an influence from "The Time Traveler's Wife" for a bit but figured that it wasn't because he could travel in time.

Looking forward to reading the rest.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've never seen the movie Somewhere in Time, though I'd heard of it. Now I want to see it (and read more of your intriguing story).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Annie B.
I've never seen the movie Somewhere in Time, though I'd heard of it. Now I want to see it (and read more of your intriguing story).

The man's the one that goes back in time (with the woman the one from the past). It's really bittersweet, to be sure. Not a TRUE happy ending in that they are living but it's a happy ending of sorts. I'm hoping this one doesn't have such a sad ending (actually I expect this one not to).

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Interesting start.

Originally Posted by ShayneT
I'm sure you can all figure out which Christopher Reeve movie inspired this.

Nope I had to google it. Except for the Superman movies and the remake of Rear Window, I didn't know he'd done any other movies.

Should I continue?

I have not seen the Movie "Somewhere in Time" but from the Wikipedia summary it does not sound like much fun.

If you do continue please give us a happier version, please.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
I certainly vote for continuing as this story has much, much promise.

I don't even mind having an ending similar to the movie as I consider that a happy ending. However that type (movie) of an ending has been done a few times so far in fan fiction so you might want a bit different approach, maybe a Brutal Youth in reverse approach...

BTW, I started a TOC with the caveat that the story might be continuing.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 07/28/14 12:34 PM. Reason: TOC remark

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Framework4
I'm sure you can all figure out which Christopher Reeve movie inspired this.
Nope I had to google it. Except for the Superman movies and the remake of Rear Window, I didn't know he'd done any other movies.
If you love slapstick comedy, I definitely recommend Reeve's Noises Off, which is hilarious. In the more Thriller genre, I liked Deathtrap, but it IS very dark.

I have not seen the Movie "Somewhere in Time" but from the Wikipedia summary it does not sound like much fun.
I haven't read what Wikipedia says about Somewhere in Time but the movie itself (at least, when it came out) was thought by my generation as one of the most romantic movies of our time. Yes, the ending is a bit sad, but so is the ending of many a romantic movie. It's a beautiful movie, and certainly mark it as a Must See for anyone in the mood for romance.

Shayne said that this story wouldn't exactly be a crossover with the film, so I'm guessing that if Clark Kent has powers in his story, it would change the plot considerably. My guess, something happened with HG Wells trip into the past and Clark was accidentally stuck in the past, when he was supposed to be in the future.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I'm curious about why the bellhop thought Lois looked familiar. Is the bellhop a very-well-disguised Clark?
Oooh! hyper That would be a great idea, too. Clark was supposed to be an actor in his day, so he'd be a master of make-up. Love it!

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/28/14 03:35 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Was this the movie that got remade with Sandra bullock, something about a letter going back in time (had a lake in the movie too)?

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Tailee
Was this the movie that got remade with Sandra bullock, something about a letter going back in time (had a lake in the movie too)?
Nope, completely different plot.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Somewhere in Time" was a great movie starring Christopher Reeve. It was his first post Superman movie, IIRC. Nope, it is
not a happy movie. Keep it coming, Shayne. You write great stories.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Tailee, the actress in "Somewhere in Time" was Jane Seymour.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Somewhere in Time was NOT a happy film. But a very well crafted film, much better than what passes for romance these days. Hopefully this is not a ghost story, but Clark stuck in time.

Please continue.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Morgana
Somewhere in Time was NOT a happy film. But a very well crafted film, much better than what passes for romance these days. Hopefully this is not a ghost story, but Clark stuck in time.

Please continue.

I agree with this. I suspect it is but we won't know until the end of this... so keep writing, Shayne!

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Thank you,I'll HAVE to look his movie up.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Interesting idea, Shayne! Should you decide to continue it, I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard