Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
smile Any thoughts?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I liked this part, but it was too short. It definitely left me wanting more.

So what are the odds that Lois and Clark are the HMWCs for each other? (Once again, I'm hearing "If You Like Pina Coladas" while I'm reading this story.)

Incidentally, I liked you use of an image in the story; I don't think I've ever seen that done before, and it worked out very well.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad Clark went to meet Jenny and not Lois. I'm hoping he has a new friend to help him prank his best friend back. I doubt that's not going to happen because this Clark isn't very good at planning. (The one from the comics is better at pulling the wool over Lois's eyes.)

Wow! Lois realized her true feelings much earlier than I expected. I hope that Clark can sense what's going on with her and her jealousy of him having found someone. Still, ABOUT TIME! Since Lois doesn't know about SM, will she think him dashing off from time to time him going to meet his new girlfriend? Hee-hee. Serves her right for interfering.

Hmmmm. I wonder if Lois and Clark would get matched up on the Wild Card / soul mate pick, since they both have to agree to it. I could see Lois going for it since Clark had found Jenny, but why would Clark agree to it? How much more frustration and aggravation will he have to go through before he would agree to that? Then, again, he does have Jimmy the computer hacker genius on his side. [Linked Image] That's just the revenge Lois needs for setting him up multiple times without his okay. I can't see this having actually happen since I doubt there's been time for Jimmy to set this up.

I wonder what would happen if Vatman showed up NOW as opposed in S1?

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Once again, I'm hearing "If You Like Pina Coladas" while I'm reading this story.)
I've always *LOVED* that song, Lynn! It's a great story-song... except for the fact that both of them try to cheat on one another. I tried to write a non-LnC story based on its underlying premise once, but I never finished it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So what are the odds that Lois and Clark are the HMWCs for each other? (Once again, I'm hearing "If You Like Pina Coladas" while I'm reading this story.)

Oh, I love that song! Memories! dance

Another great entry Victoria! Oh by the way, I just got finished watching The Young Victoria with Emily Blount and Rupert Friend. Talk about romance! love

Anyhow, Lois needs to stop interfering in Clark’s life and start being a part of his life! Come on Lois, this is decade four and you are still playing silly High School games? The Pact be hanged, tell this gorgeous guy that they have a future.

Love the imagery!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm...when I got to the part where Lois gets the e-mail about the Wild Card pick, my first thought was that Clark had sent it over to her from his computer (after having logged into the site). He had just gotten his password info/etc from Lois, so I thought he maybe (barring anything too 'technical looking' on his part), could have just written the e-mail in a way that made it seem like it was sent 'officially'. You really have me wondering...

I, too, can see Lois going for a date like this--what does she have to loose? she thinks Clark has found Jenny--but totally agree that I can't see Clark actually getting talked into agreeing to this date (unless he set the whole thing up shock evil ). Which is exactly what I hope is happening? Please? grovel grovel Lets have them go on a date clap !

I really admire how Clark handled everything with Jenny--a true gentleman. And wow--I love that even Jenny seemed to see something 'more' between Clark and Lois....

Speaking of 'more'...yeah, Lois! I was delightedly surprised to see Lois come clean with herself with her true feelings. I thought it would take her longer to acknowledge where her heart was, too.

So we have Clark in love with Lois....Lois in love with Clark....and a potential Wild Card date coming up. Eek--let it be between the two of them dance.

Btw--love the imagery, also. Very cool idea, KK thumbsup. It added a lot to the story.

Can't wait to see what happens next--this is great smile.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/27/14 02:50 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
New part!
How does she get me to do these things?
Well, apparently not by offering up sexual favors, that’s for sure. Otherwise, we would be reading an entirely different story.

She should be the one here to do this.
Dr. FRISKIN: So, Mr. Kent. Have you had those fantasies about your partner dating other women longer or is this a recent development?

He could tell which one was his date. She was sat alone, neck craning over to view the door,
So, not a singles restaurant, then?

and she looked just like the profile picture which Lois had shown him.
Oh.

She’d raved on about the perfectly long straight blonde hair and the perfectly proportioned face, pointing out the high cheekbones and pert nose.
Basically, model, then?

Somehow he knew that she was going to be upset.
JENNY: razz Why do the hot ones always have to be gay! razz

“Oh!” her voice quietened and she dropped her head.
JENNY: Maybe, if I press really hard, I could use the butter knife…

Clark felt like a jerk.
RALPH: Don’t worry. Women do that with me all the time.

Back at the bar he found a much changed lady.
So, did she do drugs?

And I’m not even sure what the point of this scheme is.” Clark perched himself on a stool.
To get out of the pact, of course. Sometimes he can be a bit dense.
Dr. KLEIN: [Linked Image]

Jenny must have caught on to his defensive mode as she didn’t question further.
JENNY: Yep, caught another gay one. This one hasn’t even come out of the closet yet. Just my luck.

“Oh, because she seemed the delicate type from her picture and her profile.”
laugh clap

“You’d be surprised, Lois. She’s stronger than most people think.”
I wonder if she might move into Lois’s building, dye her hair brunette, and befriend the nice lady in 501. Then, one evening…

“Am I great, or what? So I guess it’s time to thank me.”
She delusional?

“Oh!” replied Lois. Clark glanced up in shock. That sounded like utter disappointment in her voice.
Duh! After she put so much work into it!

Jenny was perfect. I knew it. I am sooo good. I got everything perfect on his profile.
Not perfect. Too blonde. Too fragile. Too less of a reporter. Too less of a Lois.

Lois how could you be so stupid?
[Linked Image]

It’s not just a crush. It’s not just ‘in love’.

I love him.
jawdrop

Every day he didn’t fall in love with me, I’d lose some of myself. And I’d die.
wallbash cat

<extra bonus effort by artistic writer>
hyper

Hot Match Wild Card
So…Clark?

…also agrees.
razz wildguy It’s Clark, right? Right? RIGHT? Unless she’s been paired up with Ralph. Then it’s also rotflol

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I liked this part, but it was too short. It definitely left me wanting more.
Sorry, it was short. There are longer chapters to come.

So what are the odds that Lois and Clark are the HMWCs for each other?
No comment.

Incidentally, I liked you use of an image in the story; I don't think I've ever seen that done before, and it worked out very well.

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks. I was hoping to convey what the e-mail may have looked like, and how tacky it was. It's much easier with an image. Not that I spent much time on it... I just pretended to send myself an e-mail and then took a screenshot. LOL.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I'm glad Clark went to meet Jenny and not Lois. I'm hoping he has a new friend to help him prank his best friend back. I doubt that's not going to happen because this Clark isn't very good at planning. (The one from the comics is better at pulling the wool over Lois's eyes.)
lol Yup. This Clark decided back in Chapter 2 that he needed a plan to win over Lois. Has he come up with that plan yet. Nope!

Wow! Lois realized her true feelings much earlier than I expected. I hope that Clark can sense what's going on with her and her jealousy of him having found someone. Still, ABOUT TIME! Since Lois doesn't know about SM, will she think him dashing off from time to time him going to meet his new girlfriend? Hee-hee. Serves her right for interfering.
Yes. Lois is now suffering from the aftereffects of her own meddling! Isn't it great?

Hmmmm. I wonder if Lois and Clark would get matched up on the Wild Card / soul mate pick, since they both have to agree to it. I could see Lois going for it since Clark had found Jenny, but why would Clark agree to it? How much more frustration and aggravation will he have to go through before he would agree to that? Then, again, he does have Jimmy the computer hacker genius on his side. [Linked Image] That's just the revenge Lois needs for setting him up multiple times without his okay. I can't see this having actually happen since I doubt there's been time for Jimmy to set this up.
You've seen the next chapter by now. Clark has also agreed. Was Lois ridiculous claim the reason do you think? Is Clark at the end of his frustration?

Originally Posted by Morgana
Another great entry Victoria!
Thanks. smile

Anyhow, Lois needs to stop interfering in Clark’s life and start being a part of his life!
LOIS: I'll never stop interfering in Clark's life! Come on!

Love the imagery!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by LMA
Hmmm...when I got to the part where Lois gets the e-mail about the Wild Card pick, my first thought was that Clark had sent it over to her from his computer (after having logged into the site). He had just gotten his password info/etc from Lois, so I thought he maybe (barring anything too 'technical looking' on his part), could have just written the e-mail in a way that made it seem like it was sent 'officially'. You really have me wondering...
Wow, that would be quick thinking (and underhanded thinking) from Clark!

I, too, can see Lois going for a date like this--what does she have to loose? she thinks Clark has found Jenny--but totally agree that I can't see Clark actually getting talked into agreeing to this date (unless he set the whole thing up shock evil ). Which is exactly what I hope is happening? Please? grovel grovel Lets have them go on a date clap !
Lois and Clark on a date? Hmmm. Not sure about that. Maybe you should read Chapter 9.

I really admire how Clark handled everything with Jenny--a true gentleman. And wow--I love that even Jenny seemed to see something 'more' between Clark and Lois....
Well, Clark had do the 'right' thing, or he wouldn't be Clark!

Speaking of 'more'...yeah, Lois! I was delightedly surprised to see Lois come clean with herself with her true feelings. I thought it would take her longer to acknowledge where her heart was, too.
A few people are shocked that Lois admitted her feelings to herself already. Well, I'm guessing there will be even more shocked readers after the Chapter 9 is posted.

So we have Clark in love with Lois....Lois in love with Clark....and a potential Wild Card date coming up. Eek--let it be between the two of them dance.
Tut tut. Everyone wants the HMWC to be between the two main characters of the story. *sighs*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
New part!
How does she get me to do these things?
Well, apparently not by offering up sexual favors, that’s for sure. Otherwise, we would be reading an entirely different story.
Yes, we would. And I know you REALLY want to be reading that story. lol

Clark felt like a jerk.
RALPH: Don’t worry. Women do that with me all the time.
CLARK: Jerk is your middle name, Ralph, that's why.

Back at the bar he found a much changed lady.
So, did she do drugs?
*sigh* Always think the worst, don't you Michael. Take a leaf out of Clark's book and always think the best of people.

And I’m not even sure what the point of this scheme is.” Clark perched himself on a stool.
To get out of the pact, of course. Sometimes he can be a bit dense.
rotflol You do realise that Clark doesn't have the benefit of reading the story and seeing Lois' internal thoughts, don't you?

Jenny must have caught on to his defensive mode as she didn’t question further.
JENNY: Yep, caught another gay one. This one hasn’t even come out of the closet yet. Just my luck.
lol

“You’d be surprised, Lois. She’s stronger than most people think.”
I wonder if she might move into Lois’s building, dye her hair brunette, and befriend the nice lady in 501. Then, one evening…
I think you have the wrong idea about Jenny. *looks at Michael sternly*

“Am I great, or what? So I guess it’s time to thank me.”
She delusional?
*nods vigorously*

It’s not just a crush. It’s not just ‘in love’.

I love him.
jawdrop
Surpised? Didn't think she'd admit it yet?

Every day he didn’t fall in love with me, I’d lose some of myself. And I’d die.
wallbash cat
What? *looks innocent* evil

Hot Match Wild Card
So…Clark?
*whistles*

…also agrees.
razz wildguy It’s Clark, right? Right? RIGHT? Unless she’s been paired up with Ralph. Then it’s also rotflol

wave Michael
rotflol

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Yes, we would. And I know you REALLY want to be reading that story.
[Linked Image]

*sigh* Always think the worst, don't you Michael. Take a leaf out of Clark's book and always think the best of people.
[Linked Image] Virginia showed me a lot about Lex in that other story. Plus, Clark wasn’t too convinced of his Lois, either, so… this might be a nurture thingy… blush
wink

I think you have the wrong idea about Jenny. *looks at Michael sternly*
So, not psycho-thriller material, then?

Surpised? Didn't think she'd admit it yet?
[Linked Image]

*whistles*
hyper New part! hyper New parts!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard