Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Ooooh! My kind of story. clap I was writing Regency romances before I stumbled onto this site. So far you've... er...Lois has the formula down pat. Woman in want of adventure is set up in a loveless match with a handsome but mysterious man with a secret. She needs to learn his secret and tame the wild beast of a man (usually they aren't as bad as their reputations suggest, unless you're reading a Harlequin bodice-ripper. Regency romances are all about witty banter and no sex until marriage.) Great job. clap

I can understand Clark's nervousness. If her draft with the names unchanged got leaked, it could lead to some serious consequences. Also, did she let the publisher -- Lex House perhaps -- read her opening chapter, because that would be bad?

So... where's the rest? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Fun! Anything's better than Wanda Detroit! I started to think it was going to be an elsewold story...nice fake out! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“Isn’t all this hitting a little close to home?” Clark asked, looking over Lois’s shoulder.

“I’ll change the names when I figure out what they are,” Lois said airily. “Besides, the Masked Rider can’t be mistaken for Superman…he’s got a horse.”
Famous last words. I think you could make an entire story out of someone getting their hands on this manuscript before Lois changes the names, and what Lois and Clark have to do to get it back.

I suppose Lois deserves to torment Clark a bit for keeping the secret from her for so long. laugh

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Total fake out.had me hella wanting the rest of the story (the first part) though. smile

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Cute story.

And of course, Superman actually did have a super-horse named Comet back in the Silver Age.

Of course, a horse and a mask is actually a better disguise than a change of hairstyle and glasses.

If the masked man possesses all of "our" Clark's powers, it's interesting that he would choose to use a horse rather than to fly; even in his disguise, he is still holding back on what he can do. I wonder what it says about Lois that she made this choice for her character?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Snicker! This is a great way to end the work day! Ciao!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
[Linked Image]

Yeah, I'd like to read that historical, too, Shayne wink

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Of course, a horse and a mask is actually a better disguise than a change of hairstyle and glasses.

If the masked man possesses all of "our" Clark's powers, it's interesting that he would choose to use a horse rather than to fly; even in his disguise, he is still holding back on what he can do. I wonder what it says about Lois that she made this choice for her character?
It is very possible that the Clark of Kent in this story flew with his horse, but not in a way that it was to ascertain by the people who saw him. I am guessing that the masked highwayman worked at night in the cover of darkness in the secluded back country of England. (Sigh. I miss reading Regencies.) Therefore, he could easily seem to appear out of the darkness, when in reality he and, let's just call the horse by its rightful name, Comet had just landed from out of the skies. Works for me. thumbsup Perhaps it will be a surprise Lady Lois will discover at the end of the story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Cute, : )

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You sure that you don't write Regency romances on the side? You seem to have it just right. laugh

I agree with Taillee - now I want to know the rest of what Lois wrote.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to join in the call for seeing more of Lois's story. This sounds like it has the potential to be a best seller.

Of course, if Lois does not give Sir Clark all of the powers, than it will not be as obvious of a knock-off of reality.

Last edited by John Lambert; 07/26/14 02:18 AM.

John Pack Lambert
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
And there I was thinking the next scene would be, "Mawwedge is what bwings us togevver today."

Thanks for the early morning smile.

(Post moved from the TOC page--sorry.)

Shallowford
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Shayne!

“Our finances are in ruins. The man has an income and a title. From what I hear, he is not considered unhandsome.”

“You’d marry me to an old man.”
Lex

“He’s twenty and eight,” her father said. “Hardly in his dotage.”
So, Clark? But Lois is younger? A girl of three-and-ten, freshly flowered?

“Weren’t there rumors?”

“Never proven. His title is solid.”
Martha kind of…?

The cousin had been claiming for years that Martha, Lady Kent had miscarried yet again and that they’d replaced the dead child with another.
evil

The cousin had then claimed that a falling star had been seen on the night of Clark of Kent’s birth, proof that he was a demon. He’d lost credibility with that claim, even if there had been unexplained events throughout his teenage years.
laugh

“The rumors only help our case,” her father admitted. “We’d never be able to aspire so high if it weren’t for a slightly tainted reputation.”

“So I’m to settle…” Lois said, shaking her head.
rotflol She really does want it both ways, huh?

“Isn’t all this hitting a little close to home?” Clark asked, looking over Lois’s shoulder.
shock Hey! Where’s the rest of the story!

“I’ll change the names when I figure out what they are,” Lois said airily. “Besides, the Masked Rider can’t be mistaken for Superman…he’s got a horse.”
Duh!

“Do you have to make me a mincing fop?”

“Like I said, it’s not you. He’s playing a role right now and won’t reveal his real self until halfway through the book.”

“You can’t still be mad about the secret thing…” Clark said uneasily.

Lois smirked. “Sometimes revenge is best served cold.”
laugh

What a fun piece!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard