Before reading this story, you should know that it is a sequel to another story of mine, Lois Interruptus. You might want to read that one first. Don’t worry though, each story is short.

Title: Lois Interruptus: The Blind Date
by Lois_Lane_Fan
Rated PG

Warning: This story features Clark married to a woman who isn't Lois Lane. It also features Lois going on a date with a man who isn’t Clark. If that's something that would offend you, don't read it.

Description: Clark sets Lois up on a blind date.

Disclaimer: Lois, Clark, and all other characters featured in this story belong to DC Comics and Warner Brothers Studio.

Lana Kent laid on the couch as her husband sat at her feet massaging them. The woman was in heaven. For a man with such great strength, Clark could be surprisingly gentle when he wanted to be. Lana had found that there was no man on earth who could give a more relaxing massage than her husband.

"That feels so good," Lana moaned.

"I'm glad, darling," Clark replied. "But we've got to talk about our problem."

Lana sat up. "Our problem? What problem?"

"Our problem involving the intrepid Miss Lois Lane," Clark answered. "You know, you can't keep pushing her in a closet every time you want to have some alone time with me."

"Are you mad at me?" Lana asked.

Clark bent over and kissed her on the forehead. "Of course not. You did what you had to do to give the two of us some quality time together. As your husband, I can't be angry with you for that. Your heart was in the right place, but we have got to find a more permanent solution than what you came up with."

"I'm glad you're not mad, honey," Lana replied. She then gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "I do want to say, though, that Lois has kissed Superman for the last time. As your wife, I won't stand for it anymore."

"That's only fair," Clark replied. "But how do we get her to stop? I can't exactly tell her that Superman is a happily married man to the most gorgeous small town girl in the entire world."

Lana blushed at the way Clark spoke about her. "No, we agreed when you asked me to marry you that nobody can ever know that Superman is married. Why can't you just tell Lois that you're not attracted to her?"

"I hate the thought of rejecting her, but I guess that's the only option," Clark sighed. "She is my friend, and it kills me to hurt her like that. As much as she's obsessed with Superman, I know she'll be depressed for a long time over him rejecting her, but I suppose she’ll get over it eventually."

Lana's face lit up as an idea came to her. "Maybe we could set Lois up with some other man. That way she can get over Superman faster."

"But who?" Clark asked.

"Maybe another reporter?" Lana replied.

"There aren't a lot of single guys around Lois' age that work with us, though," Clark answered.

"What about Ralph?" Lana suggested.

"Ralph?" Clark replied, flabbergasted by the suggestion. "Come on, honey, I know you don't like her that much, but Ralph? I wouldn't set up my worst enemy to go on a date with Ralph."

"Well, I just noticed a few times that he seemed to be a little bit attracted to her," Lana replied.

"Yeah, her and every other woman at the Daily Planet," Clark replied, rolling his eyes.

"Well, what about Lex Luthor? He's flirted with her a few times."

"Lex Luthor is in jail, honey," Clark retorted. “And besides, setting Lois up with a criminal wouldn’t be doing her any favors.”

"Oh, right," Lana replied. "What about Dan Scardino?"

"Scardino is a jerk," Clark replied. "Lois deserves much better than him."

"Well, I just thought he'd fit her type, being a hero and all," Lana responded.

"Wait a minute! That's it!" Clark shouted happily. "I know the perfect guy for Lois."

"Who?" Lana asked anxiously.

"Bruce Wayne," Clark responded. "He's available, he's rich, and he's a superhero. Lois will love him!"

“Batman?” Lana asked, not quite sure how this would turn out.

Superman stood in the shadows atop a building later that night. Before him, there was a searchlight pointed directly towards a cloud in the sky. As the light danced off of the cloud, a bat shape could be seen.

“I assume I’m needed,” a voice suddenly spoke from the darkness behind Clark.

“Bruce!” Superman replied, a smile forming on his face. “One of these days, you must tell me how you always manage to sneak up on me like this. You’re the only one who can, you know.”

“You have your skills, I have mine,” Batman replied as he stepped out of the shadows. “So, what’s the problem? Is it Lex Luthor?”

“No, Luthor’s still in jail,” Superman said.

“I bet it’s Tempus, then,” Batman guessed. “I hate it when that time traveling prick shows up.”

“No, it’s not Tempus, either,” Superman replied.

Inergang?” Batman questioned. “Mindy Church is a crafty one, isn’t she? Maybe the two of us can finally put her away for good this time.”

Superman sighed. “It’s not Mindy Church, either, Bruce.”

“Then, who is it, Clark?” the caped crusader asked. “I’m running out of supervillains here.”

“It’s Lois,” Superman answered. “Lois Lane.”

“Lois?” Batman replied quizzically. “Your coworker at the Daily Planet? I never would have pegged her as a villain in a million years.”

“She’s not a villain. I just want you to ask her out on a date,” Superman explained.

Batman raised an eyebrow in shock. “A date? You called me here to tell me you want to hook me up with some woman? Is today April Fools’ Day or something? You know that I prefer to stay single.”

“Before you say no, remember that you owe me one for helping you out with the Joker last month,” Superman reminded his friend.

Batman scowled. “I could have handled him myself.”

Superman simply pouted his lips in response until the dark knight finally agreed to go out on a date with Lois as Bruce Wayne.

The next afternoon, Superman swooped into the kitchen after having helped the Metropolis Fire Department out with putting out a fire. Smelling his wife cooking dinner, he quickly spun back into his Clark Kent identity and approached his wife from behind, kissing her on the neck.

“What smells so good, darling?” he asked.

“Chicken and rice, dear,” Lana said before kissing Clark on the lips. “So, how did your day go? Did you break the news to Lois?”

Clark frowned. “I did. She took the news that Superman wasn’t available pretty hard, but Bruce showed up at the Planet and went straight to romancing her.” Clark looked up at the clock. “In fact, I believe their date probably ended just about a half hour ago or so.”

As Clark spoke, he and Lana heard a knock at the door. Both he and Lana immediately went over to answer it. When Lana opened the door, they were immediately greeted by the sight of Bruce Wayne.

“You could have warned me, you know,” Bruce said.

“Warned you?” Clark replied. “Warned you about what?”

“Warned me about how Lois is so inquisitive,” Bruce answered. “She figured out that I’m Batman about 20 minutes into the date!”

“Lois figured out that you’re Batman?” Clark asked, clearly stunned. “Really? She never even suspected that I was Superman.”

“Yeah,” Lana agreed. “Clark doesn’t even wear a mask, just a pair of glasses. And Lois and Clark have worked together for years without her even having a hint of suspicion towards him. I always thought she was kind of blind towards those sorts of things.”

“Well, she’s not,” Bruce replied. “She asked to ride in my Batmobile and to see my Batcave. Even asked if I would introduce her to Robin and Batgirl.”

“What did you do?” Clark asked, anxious to hear the rest of the story.

“What else could I do?” Bruce answered. “I took her for a spin in the Batmobile and gave her a tour of the Batcave. It was kind of romantic, actually.”

“You what?” Clark asked, bewildered.

“I kind of like her, Clark. We’re going out again this weekend,” Bruce replied, smiling. “Maybe I’ll take her flying in the Batplane this time.”

Neither Clark nor Lana had any words to express the shock they were feeling. Who would have expected it, after all? Batman was officially in love.

THE END