Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
If you're catching up, thanks to Mike M and LabRat you can find all the chapters collected here. Chapter 31 will be posted Tuesday morning.

Thank you for all the comments on prior chapters! What do you think of this one?

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
This has become my most anticipated stories this year. Great job of making it feel so real including the politics of a super powered child living in America. The El children seem to have one more super power - the ability to be found by great foster parents. An amazing story.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by AndyG
This has become my most anticipated stories this year. Great job of making it feel so real including the politics of a super powered child living in America. The El children seem to have one more super power - the ability to be found by great foster parents. An amazing story.

Totally agree about anticipation. When the post comes in I virtually drop everything and read it.

The politics resonate home very well to those of us living in the United States today. In the past there were probably many politicos that distrusted everything and everybody and wanted to use everything to their advantage (Joe McCarthy comes immediately to mind) but they stayed more in the closet then than they seem to now. These days they seem to daily call a press conference and rant on about something or the other, whether they have a clue about what they are talking about or not. I could just imagine the stories politically biased broadcast news organizations like Fox News or MSNBC would be broadcasting if something like this really happened to us today.

Good catch on the similarities between the Jordans and the Kents. I had not had the foster parent thought before except that Kara was very lucky and fit in with the Jordan sisters so well but the concept of the additional super power is a really nice one.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Dittoing the comments about anticipating this story...most things are dropped in order to read the next chapter when it comes on out.

Kinda wonder what's going to happen to the Jordans when (if?) Kara makes it back home soon. Do they just get dropped back into their old life? Are criminals going to take the medias word that Kara's gone back home and won't bother Emily and them any more? Just thoughts like that that keep me up into the wee hours of the morn.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow, you folks are so kind! Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

I wonder how Clark would be treated in real life. I think there are enough disasters/crimes that he could be busy 24/7, and it still wouldn't be enough. I wonder if people would forgive him for not being Superman 24/7, for reserving any time for himself. Would he be sued if someone lost a loved one they felt Superman should have saved? What would the politics be — would he be attacked? And then there's all the legal issues.

In a way, Kara makes it simpler. As a minor, most people wouldn't expect her to be at the world's beck and call. Most people.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“It’s not like she can be hurt, is it? OK, leaving the military aside, there are other ways we could be using her. She’s just acting as glorified rescue worker when she could be doing so much more. Think of what she could do for industry! She could help rebuild our rusted bridges, help us find new oil and gas deposits, get our economy moving again. That trick she did with the rain cloud, our farmers sure could use help like that.”

It's typical - a politician wants to use someone. This probably is at a minimum in Superman's world, because it would probably take a very bold politician to meet Superman's gaze after telling Superman he wanted him to do all this stuff.

But hey, Kara is only eleven, and a kid, and plus, she's female which automatically makes people feel they can tell her what to do.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
“It’s not like she can be hurt, is it? OK, leaving the military aside, there are other ways we could be using her. She’s just acting as glorified rescue worker when she could be doing so much more. Think of what she could do for industry! She could help rebuild our rusted bridges, help us find new oil and gas deposits, get our economy moving again. That trick she did with the rain cloud, our farmers sure could use help like that.”

It's typical - a politician wants to use someone. This probably is at a minimum in Superman's world, because it would probably take a very bold politician to meet Superman's gaze after telling Superman he wanted him to do all this stuff.

But hey, Kara is only eleven, and a kid, and plus, she's female which automatically makes people feel they can tell her what to do.

But hey she is Lois Lane's daughter, I am not sure I would like to be the congressman who pushes her too far and pisses her off...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
But hey she is Lois Lane's daughter, I am not sure I would like to be the congressman who pushes her too far and pisses her off...
Hee-hee-hee. He probably doesn't know better. /giggle/ Can't wait until they meet. /chortle/ Superman will have to hold her back... with all of his strength. Hee-hee-hee. Can't wait for the meeting. Even if it doesn't happen in this story, oh, what happy, happy thoughts.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yeah… grumble

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard