Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comment away. So, it's all done.

Or is it?

There's a short, sexy, WAFFy sequel called Scribbles. Clark finds Lois' notebook. Who wants me to post it?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
Kerth
First of all... that's an AWESOME little spoiler function right there!! I'm liking that! And yeah, sequel would be nice. wink

Secondly, this was great! I like how you had Lois come to the realization herself that Clark really did love her in the first place, and lied afterwards. thumbsup good job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Brava! I loved it.

Would the sequel be gfic of nfic? If the latter, would you be able to gfic-ify it so that those of us who don't read nfic could also enjoy a version of it? I'd really love to read a sequel.

And I agree with MouseRocks: The spoiler feature is quite handy.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad Superman was able to tell something was up with Lois and called her on it. Kudos for Lois telling him flat out that she knew and for taking a chance, which could have ended up with her heart breaking even more than it had already.

"Lois, I—" he began.

"Just go," she pleaded before he could continue. His heart crumbled. She'd never forgive him. She'd never love him now. But he had to, at least, salvage their friendship.

"No," he shook his head and strode further into the apartment, firmly leaving the window behind him. "There's too much to say. Too much we need to talk about."
Wow. He said 'no'. You don't see that very much. clap I like him standing up to her. smile1

I love this:
She smiled and traced her fingers over his cheek then up into his hair. "It's not a dream. It can't be." She shook her head.

"How do you know?" he pleaded, desperate to be reassured.

"Because if it were then you wouldn't be wearing that suit." ...So if this were a dream, you'd be Clark."
CLARK: dance party

"I used to consider giving you your fantasy." Clark released her waist and brought up a hand. He cupped her cheek and tangled his fingers in her hair. "I wanted you so much I used to think about coming to you ... letting you have Superman."
Gasp! Clark! /giggle... that might have been fun, too, especially after she knew the truth, but he didn't know she knew./

"Because I want to stay." His voice was so low and husky she barely heard his reply.

"What's wrong with that?" she breathed out.

"Because I want to stay … forever." Clark's eyes met hers and locked. Eternity passed as she breathed in and out.

"Okay." Her one word reply hung in the air between them.
Awwww.

Fun story, KK. I love it when you can pull a fast one on me.

And hyper sequel! Yes! Yes! Yes!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I'm all for a sequel! Loved this story. Good mix of showing both of their emotions.
Sarah

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes-Yes-Yes! Sequel PLEASE!!!! grovel hail

Such an amazingly WAFFy ending--I'd highlight the whole thing, I loved it so much smile (and had to go back to enjoy an extra read through a moment ago). Amazing dialog--such great conversation btw them. And I loved how you had Lois clue Clark into the pen mark, and then also how you had her figure out Clark's feelings and just go for it, kiss him.

Could he tell that her heart raced, or skipped a beat whenever he entered the room?

Great line--and good point, too! Clark could have totally picked up on this...picked up, from her heart-rate, etc, that something has been going on with her emotionally. Hadn't thought of that thumbsup

"No," he shook his head and strode further into the apartment, firmly leaving the window behind him. "There's too much to say. Too much we need to talk about."

Yes! I also really liked this part. Clark saying 'no', doing what he knows is right. They needed to talk--and he was going to stay and have that conversation. dance

He was her best friend, her hero, her partner. He was the man she loved more than anything.

Really liked these sentences. Perfect!

His lips were soft; soft and warm. She pushed deeper, parting her lips, but there was no response from him. She stilled in mortification, opening her eyes, and was about to pull away when a hand came around her waist and pulled her closer. His lips parted and she tasted heaven. He groaned, deep in his throat, and then he was nibbling her bottom lip. A hand threaded into her hair. All thought spiralled away as she closed her eyes again, her mind floating on a sea of bright sparkles.

She felt his tongue tentatively seek hers. The hand at her waist tightened and pulled her in further. When her chest touched his she felt a heat, inside, desperate to escape. Wrapping both her arms around his body she allowed him to plunder her mouth. The heat grew stronger, her heart beat harder. She felt Clark's hands roaming over her back. Their lower bodies touched and her heart stopped. She broke the kiss to drag in a desperately needed breath.

Looking up into Clark's eyes she watched as he closed his and then rested his head on her forehead.

Loved the way that you wrote this part. Great description of their feelings, of the moment. I really enjoyed how he rested his head on her forehead, also...such an intimate way to connect.

"No." Lois knew she needed to tell him the truth and risk her heart. "We're kissing because you're Clark."

Such a cool way to let Clark know where Lois is with his identity. Awesome-ness wink...

Clark was holding her, kissing her, seducing her … and she held on tighter, kissed deeper, and surrendered her heart. Being kissed by the man she loved more than anything swept away all thought, all reality, again.

Yah for 'Clark' love

"Because I want to stay … forever." Clark's eyes met hers and locked. Eternity passed as she breathed in and out.

WAFF-- party party --so touching...wonderful way to show what a future could/would hold for them. Loved this part.

She was pretty sure that Clark had just … in a roundabout sort of way … subtly, kind of, proposed. And she was pretty sure that she'd accepted.

All that practicing of her signature in the notepad was going to pay off.

Awesome ending hyper! And great how you tied back to the title and the notepad...

Loved the story--thanks for sharing. Will the sequel--if you post--be up sometime soonish? (please? notworthy please? )

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was a very cute ending and the idea of a sequel is interesting.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was a lot of fun! Quick and WAFFy, but it covered a lot of ground in a believable way.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Knowing that he didn't want her. Knowing that he didn't want her to know.
They really do have such awesome communication skills, don’t they?
CAT: There’s a reason Lois isn’t on the society beat…

"Lois, something is wrong. Please tell me." His voice pierced her heart.
LOIS: You don’t love me! whinging

What about when she fibbed to him, or even worse … when he smiled at her? Could he tell that her heart raced, or skipped a beat whenever he entered the room?
hyper

She needed to be alone, to grieve the true end of all her fantasies.
DAN: [Linked Image]

It would reveal too much, open up the situation to things she couldn't deal with. "You should probably wash behind your ear before you save anyone else."
evil

To see her distancing herself from the only part of him that usually got her affection was like a final blow to his heart.
MAYSON: [Linked Image]

The pavement outside the Daily Planet proved that.
What if he lied…?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

She'd offered herself to Superman the same evening and he hadn't believed her declaration. No wonder.
Huh…might she…?

His retraction was an attempt to protect his heart when she'd played with it.
But she…she *likes* to play with her toys!

All thought spiralled away as she closed her eyes again, her mind floating on a sea of bright sparkles.
Oh no! He’s mind-wiping her! mecry

"No." Lois knew she needed to tell him the truth and risk her heart. "We're kissing because you're Clark."
Awwwww

He immediately dived down again, his arms holding her tight to his chest.
Oh boy. Now she’s done it…

"My physical heart is fine. It's my emotional heart I'm worried about."
Now look at that. Two hearts. He’s a Centauri!

You've no idea how many shooting stars I've wished on.
EPRAD TECH: Yo, Sam! Another satellite just went off course and into the Earth’s atmosphere.
SAM: Damn. That’s what? The fifth this month alone? What is *wrong* with the orbits these days?

"It will crumble into dust." She watched his expectant face flicker from hope to fear. "What if this is a dream?" He spoke out his fear.
What if it’s Revenge?

A superstar crush, coupled with some healthy attraction because, face it, you have the sexiest body on the whole planet.
rotflol

He smiled again and the relief she saw in his face was echoed in the tension she felt leave his body.
[Linked Image] evil

you very nearly had a nocturnal visit from Superman on a few occasions."
jawdrop Clark! What would your mother say!

shock Isn’t that the moment when Lois should shut herself in her bedroom?

She was pretty sure that Clark had just … in a roundabout sort of way … subtly, kind of, proposed. And she was pretty sure that she'd accepted.
[Linked Image]

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

That was an adorable ending, Vic!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
This was beautiful! Lois's feelings and her hopelessness caught my attention right away, but then to see poor Clark with his 'aching scar' on 'rainy days' (beautiful metaphor, by the way!) just broke my heart. They were both so caught up in seeing the wrong things that when Lois finally saw the pen mark, I was inwardly chanting, 'see the right things!' over and over again! smile But I love that she thought it was hopeless, that Clark/Superman didn't love her and Lois Kent was only a baseless fantasy, and how Clark stayed to talk it out with her but then didn't know WHAT to say. And above all, I love that Lois realized the RIGHT things and took a chance -- and that Clark, even after kissing her, was brave enough to address his fear rather than letting her build it. I felt my own heart ache a bit when he asked if they were kissing because he was Superman -- and I was delighted when Lois was so obviously overjoyed to see him as Clark! That had to have assuaged any doubts he might have still held!

I also liked a lot of the little details -- like Clark having to worry about the pen mark the thugs and victim might have seen on him. It's such a small thing, but it COULD connect him to Clark or even just give Superman's reputation trouble, and so he has to consider that. It really hammers in just how much he always has to be aware of and how thin a line he walks all the time. Also, love that keeping Lois safe factors into Clark's major plans as both Superman and Clark Kent!

LOVELY story -- thanks so much for sharing it!

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well. I'm completely ashamed. It seems I never replied to any of this feedback. *blushes*

Originally Posted by Mouserocks
First of all... that's an AWESOME little spoiler function right there!! I'm liking that! And yeah, sequel would be nice. wink

Secondly, this was great! I like how you had Lois come to the realization herself that Clark really did love her in the first place, and lied afterwards. thumbsup good job!
Thank you. smile Sequel appeared soon after ... hopefully I DID remember to reply to that FDK!!!!

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Brava! I loved it.
Thanks

Would the sequel be gfic of nfic? If the latter, would you be able to gfic-ify it so that those of us who don't read nfic could also enjoy a version of it? I'd really love to read a sequel.
Both!!!!!!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Wow. He said 'no'. You don't see that very much. clap I like him standing up to her. smile1

I think both Lois and Clark were just a little step away from normal characterisation in this story!

I love this:
She smiled and traced her fingers over his cheek then up into his hair. "It's not a dream. It can't be." She shook her head.

"How do you know?" he pleaded, desperate to be reassured.

"Because if it were then you wouldn't be wearing that suit." ...So if this were a dream, you'd be Clark."
CLARK: dance party
I wanted Clark to be 100% sure of how Lois felt about him.

"I used to consider giving you your fantasy." Clark released her waist and brought up a hand. He cupped her cheek and tangled his fingers in her hair. "I wanted you so much I used to think about coming to you ... letting you have Superman."
Gasp! Clark! /giggle... that might have been fun, too, especially after she knew the truth, but he didn't know she knew./
LOL. Now that would be an interesting fic. Lois figures out Clark is Superman. Clark decides that the only way he'll have her is as Superman, so he comes to her ... what would Lois do?

Fun story, KK. I love it when you can pull a fast one on me.

And hyper sequel! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Pull a fast one? Me? *looks innocent*

Originally Posted by sarah
I'm all for a sequel! Loved this story. Good mix of showing both of their emotions.
Sarah
Thanks. Hopefully you've read the sequel.

Originally Posted by LMA
Yes-Yes-Yes! Sequel PLEASE!!!! grovel hail
Already done. laugh

Such an amazingly WAFFy ending--I'd highlight the whole thing, I loved it so much smile (and had to go back to enjoy an extra read through a moment ago). Amazing dialog--such great conversation btw them. And I loved how you had Lois clue Clark into the pen mark, and then also how you had her figure out Clark's feelings and just go for it, kiss him.
Thanks. Clark was never gonna go for it ... he's to humble and scared and insecure.

Could he tell that her heart raced, or skipped a beat whenever he entered the room?

Great line--and good point, too! Clark could have totally picked up on this...picked up, from her heart-rate, etc, that something has been going on with her emotionally. Hadn't thought of that thumbsup
Thanks. I think her 'heart-rate/falling in love' could be a clue for Clark that Lois' feeling are changing, but I haven't seen it in any fic before.

Yes! I also really liked this part. Clark saying 'no', doing what he knows is right. They needed to talk--and he was going to stay and have that conversation. dance
*nods* Thanks. They really needed to talk!

Loved the way that you wrote this part. Great description of their feelings, of the moment. I really enjoyed how he rested his head on her forehead, also...such an intimate way to connect.
I imagine them touching foreheads a lot, especially after some intense kiss.

Such a cool way to let Clark know where Lois is with his identity. Awesome-ness wink...
Thanks. That line, and the previous, had been in my 'random snippets of conversation' list for months. When I knew I could fit it in this fic I was so excited.

WAFF-- party party --so touching...wonderful way to show what a future could/would hold for them. Loved this part.
This whole story was supposed to be a big load of WAFF. smile

Awesome ending hyper! And great how you tied back to the title and the notepad...
Well, it had drifted away quite a bit ... I needed to make it relevant again. laugh

Loved the story--thanks for sharing. Will the sequel--if you post--be up sometime soonish? (please? notworthy please? )

Laura
Sequel's already up. Cause silly me never got round to replying! *bangs head on desk*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
That was a very cute ending and the idea of a sequel is interesting.
Thankyou.

Originally Posted by AmyPrime
That was a lot of fun! Quick and WAFFy, but it covered a lot of ground in a believable way.
Quick and WAFFy. Definitely.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Knowing that he didn't want her. Knowing that he didn't want her to know.
They really do have such awesome communication skills, don’t they?
CAT: There’s a reason Lois isn’t on the society beat…
They are writers. Of course they have awesome communication skills. Oh, you were being sarcastic.

Yup.

"Lois, something is wrong. Please tell me." His voice pierced her heart.
LOIS: You don’t love me! whinging
LOL. I had this petulant little girl voice in my head when I read that!

The pavement outside the Daily Planet proved that.
What if he lied…?
LOIS: [Linked Image]
Clark, lie? He doesn't know how to! *giggles*

His retraction was an attempt to protect his heart when she'd played with it.
But she…she *likes* to play with her toys!
Are you saying that Clark's heart is a 'toy' to Lois?

All thought spiralled away as she closed her eyes again, her mind floating on a sea of bright sparkles.
Oh no! He’s mind-wiping her! mecry
rotflol

"My physical heart is fine. It's my emotional heart I'm worried about."
Now look at that. Two hearts. He’s a Centauri!
He's using metaphor! Remember, he and Lois and writers. Metaphor!!!!!

You've no idea how many shooting stars I've wished on.
EPRAD TECH: Yo, Sam! Another satellite just went off course and into the Earth’s atmosphere.
SAM: Damn. That’s what? The fifth this month alone? What is *wrong* with the orbits these days?
rotflol Now you've got me imagining Superman in orbit punching at satellites saying 'she loves me, she loves me not'.

you very nearly had a nocturnal visit from Superman on a few occasions."
jawdrop Clark! What would your mother say!
CLARK: Um ... good for you? Finally going after the woman you love? I just want you to be happy?

shock Isn’t that the moment when Lois should shut herself in her bedroom?
Yup. But she's shutting someone in there WITH her.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

That was an adorable ending, Vic!

wave Michael
Thanks. I've had 'cute', 'adorable', 'WAFFy' ... I'm sure there's even more.

Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
This was beautiful! Lois's feelings and her hopelessness caught my attention right away, but then to see poor Clark with his 'aching scar' on 'rainy days' (beautiful metaphor, by the way!) just broke my heart.
Thanks. I liked that metaphor myself.

They were both so caught up in seeing the wrong things that when Lois finally saw the pen mark, I was inwardly chanting, 'see the right things!' over and over again! smile But I love that she thought it was hopeless, that Clark/Superman didn't love her and Lois Kent was only a baseless fantasy, and how Clark stayed to talk it out with her but then didn't know WHAT to say.
Yeah. He said he wouldn't leave, and that they needed to talk ... and then he went blank and didn't know what to say!

And above all, I love that Lois realized the RIGHT things and took a chance -- and that Clark, even after kissing her, was brave enough to address his fear rather than letting her build it. I felt my own heart ache a bit when he asked if they were kissing because he was Superman -- and I was delighted when Lois was so obviously overjoyed to see him as Clark! That had to have assuaged any doubts he might have still held!
My heart has ached for Clark so many times I wanted to give him a fantastic gift to know how Lois felt about him ... Clark.

I also liked a lot of the little details -- like Clark having to worry about the pen mark the thugs and victim might have seen on him. It's such a small thing, but it COULD connect him to Clark or even just give Superman's reputation trouble, and so he has to consider that. It really hammers in just how much he always has to be aware of and how thin a line he walks all the time. Also, love that keeping Lois safe factors into Clark's major plans as both Superman and Clark Kent!

LOVELY story -- thanks so much for sharing it!
You are welcome. So glad you read and commented ... or I'd never have realised that I missed replying!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

LOL. I had this petulant little girl voice in my head when I read that!
laugh

Clark, lie? He doesn't know how to! *giggles*
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] I was going for the whole package.
LOIS: Clark. Package. Toy. [Linked Image]

He's using metaphor! Remember, he and Lois and writers. Metaphor!!!!!
Oops?

Now you've got me imagining Superman in orbit punching at satellites saying 'she loves me, she loves me not'.
clap

CLARK: Um ... good for you? Finally going after the woman you love? I just want you to be happy?
rotflol

Lois! Naughty!

Thanks. I've had 'cute', 'adorable', 'WAFFy' ... I'm sure there's even more.
So…challenge, then?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
[Linked Image] I was going for the whole package.
LOIS: Clark. Package. Toy. [Linked Image]
Hmm. You could be right. I think Lois is going to do a lot of 'playing' with her toy now.

Now you've got me imagining Superman in orbit punching at satellites saying 'she loves me, she loves me not'.
clap
Are you imagining it too! grin

Lois! Naughty!
Hey, this is exactly the kind of thing you are currently after in Wedding Pact! You should be happy.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Are you imagining it too!
It’s kind of a weird image, isn’t it?

Hey, this is exactly the kind of thing you are currently after in Wedding Pact! You should be happy.
[Linked Image] But…but…she *is* naughty!

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard