Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Does anyone recall, off the top of their head, what the name of Metropolis's version of Union Station or Grand Central (train) Station is called? The main train station. I think it was mentioned at some point in MoSB or The Source, when Superman needed to stop some runaway train from killing a bunch of people at the station. I could also be wrong that it was mentioned at all. (I'm referring to the trains which leave town, not just subway or elevated trains.)

Thanks.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just scanned the two scripts and couldn't find any mention of the main terminal's name. I think you'd be safe to give it any name you'd like. It seems to always just be "the subway."

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmm. Maybe it was ASU when Martha and Jonathan arrived. Let me see...Hmmmm. No set list for that script, of course. wallbash Only described as "Metropolis Train Station". That's not helpful. I guess you're right. It was only in my imagination that they named it.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There *may* have been a name in ASU for the terminal M&J disembarked at. I found a pic, but the name is obscured. You may want to check the actual dvd.

ASU pic

I have that site bookmarked. The screengrabs can often be of more help than the scripts for details like this.

Main site

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think you may be right. It looks like something "Union Station". I'll have to check the DVDs. Thanks. smile

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No problem. I thought it looked like Union also, but you can never be too sure. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Union Station is common for major stations. The union is because that is where two different railroads met. So it gets all the traffic that needs to switch lines.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The station that was mentioned in "The Source" was Centennial Park Station, and all we saw of it was the platform, which didn't strike me as a central hub; more like a regular stop.

I think every major city I've been in has a "Union Station" that is the main rail station, and not a light-rail, like the El, Bart, Metro, or subway would be. Light rail is usually a closed system, not a long-distance passenger and freight network.

Hope that helps smile

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, dcarson and Kismatt. Union Station it is. I was just hoping for something more unique and original. Ah, well.

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
You could go with what "Man of Steel" calls it (I don't remember it off the top of my head but I can go look it up in my copy of the novelization if you would like.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard