Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Happy New Year, Michael!

Doc Klein during the autopsy: It appears that the deceased suffered from massive anemia localized to only the brain. I have not yet been able to determine the cause or where the blood has…oh dear, that can’t be possible!
whinging

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
What a great story! I love the idea of them having to spend time in protective custody -- truthfully, considering all the enemies they've made with their stories, it would happen so much more often, if not for Superman! -- and Bad Brain is a perfect way of getting them here. It's so like Clark to be more worried about Lois and relieved that he gets to watch over her, as Clark even rather than Superman, which is definitely a bonus! smile Also, I love how he's constantly trying to get her to see that it's not all bad, doing his best to keep tension down and keep her comfortable -- he really does take care of her in every way he can. And it was great to see Lois realizing that, seeing what he was doing and commenting on it.

I wasn't sure what kind of secrets they'd reveal to each other during their game, but you definitely took advantage of all the secrets they do keep!! I love how Clark was able to tell her about Superman being caged and also come up with a valid reason for 'Clark' not to have been there with Perry and Henderson. I felt bad for him when she said she'd just been thinking about what he'd said about Luthor -- but then I felt much better when she admitted that she knew he would never say such things about anyone if he didn't think that they were true. I always wondered about that -- he's so careful to think the best of people, but she never seemed to wonder what that said about his distrust/dislike of Luthor!

Anyway, I love the whole story and how comfortable they are with each other -- one of my stand-out favorite lines, though, is when Clark thinks that he knows he's weird, being an alien, but that he sometimes feels like the normal one in their duo! So true!

Lovely story!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, AntiK! Good to see you!

Thanks for the kind words about this fic.

It's true that without Superman, they'd probably have to live in protective custody with all the trouble they get into and enemies they make. I'm glad that you like how Clark tried to defuse the situation and that Lois knew it (and likely appreciated it, even if she didn't realize that she did).

To be honest, when I went into this one, I wasn't sure what secrets I was going to have them share either. It just seemed like kind of a natural progression, but I really did want Lois to reveal that she told Lex "no" at the wedding. The reveal about the cage was just the next logical step in that secret sharing. It was kind of fun making Clark squirm - to have him come up with a valid reason why he wasn't there with Perry and Henderson, without lying to her.

I always wondered about why Lois never questioned how adamantly Clark professed his suspicions of Luthor. She knows he always sees the best in people unless and until they prove otherwise. But she never stopped to think about Clark's hatred of Luthor. I guess she chalked it up to jealousy.

Glad you enjoyed the story! I loved writing in that little part about him feeling like the normal one in their relationship too!

Again, great to see you around here!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard