L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Any feedback?

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love it! Cat stealing Lois's package and going on Lois's wild goose chase -- which ends with her getting a date with Clark. Thanks for a good laugh!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I guess Lois isn't the only one to do anything for a Superman story.

clap Lots of fun and a good chuckle. I don't know if Cat deserved to be so handsomely rewarded for stealing Lois's package /story though.

I loved Clark tripping over his greeting to Lois. lol

Just one question for Clark:
Clark scanned her for even a speck of dirt, but he couldn’t find anything. She also had absolutely no mosquito bites.
How did he do this without invading Lois's... ahem... personal space?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Lol! Great idea! I love that Cat used the situation to her advantage...I always did enjoy that character. Maybe bongo drums will be in her future. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Very cute.

Framework4
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I liked it... sorta. Cat stealing from Lois's desk? I would hope she'd get chewed out for that at some point (even if it was a prank put on Lois's desk). Lois doesn't experience the effects of the prank and thus, never really learned her lesson (no charge). On top of that many fanfics I know often say that it's a turning point for her respect for Clark because she experiences the fact that he's no pushover despite his small town roots. It my mind's eye she still thinks she can pull the wool over his eyes and tries it. Don't know what happens with Clark though.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone.

Originally Posted by Annie B.
I love it! Cat stealing Lois's package and going on Lois's wild goose chase -- which ends with her getting a date with Clark. Thanks for a good laugh!

I'm glad you loved it. I always enjoy giving people a good laugh. smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I guess Lois isn't the only one to do anything for a Superman story.

Nope. It looks like Cat can be just as guilty of that.

clap Lots of fun and a good chuckle. I don't know if Cat deserved to be so handsomely rewarded for stealing Lois's package /story though.

Well, Cat was rewarded, but only after being punished first, so I guess it all evens out in some strange way.

Just one question for Clark:
Clark scanned her for even a speck of dirt, but he couldn’t find anything. She also had absolutely no mosquito bites.
How did he do this without invading Lois's... ahem... personal space?

Knowing Clark, I'm sure he probably skipped over certain places. wink

Originally Posted by groobie
Lol! Great idea! I love that Cat used the situation to her advantage...I always did enjoy that character. Maybe bongo drums will be in her future. wink

I'm a pretty big fan of Cat, too, and yes, she certainly took advantage of the situation. Maybe Lois should have done the same when it happened to her on the show.

Originally Posted by Framework4
Very cute.

I'm glad you found the story to be cute.

Originally Posted by Christina
I liked it... sorta. Cat stealing from Lois's desk? I would hope she'd get chewed out for that at some point (even if it was a prank put on Lois's desk). Lois doesn't experience the effects of the prank and thus, never really learned her lesson (no charge). On top of that many fanfics I know often say that it's a turning point for her respect for Clark because she experiences the fact that he's no pushover despite his small town roots. It my mind's eye she still thinks she can pull the wool over his eyes and tries it. Don't know what happens with Clark though.

Perhaps Cat could have been chewed out a little more for what she'd done, but I felt she'd been punished enough. I do agree with you, though, that this was the turning point for Lois respecting Clark, and it is true that this sort of deprives Lois of her life lesson. Of course, you could say that just knowing that Clark tried to set her up might be a good start towards Lois beginning to respect him.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Next one!

Summary: An alternate ending to the episode 'Neverending Battle.'
evil

but Clark had set up a little prank that would hopefully teach Lois to remember her ethics.
LEX: Other people’s ethics are the stepping stones to one’s success.

Clark’s jaw dropped as he looked past Jimmy. It was Lois, but she didn’t look the way he had expected her to look. Instead of dirty, disheveled, and mosquito bitten, she was completely clean! Was it possible that she hadn’t fallen for his prank at all?
evil

“Lois--“ Clark said, trying to think of what he should say to her. “Did you take a shower today?” His words didn’t come out right, and he knew he was about to get some flack for his stupid comment.

“Excuse me?” Lois asked, rolling her eyes. “What kind of question is that?”
He just wants to make sure whether he needs to check the surveillance tapes.

“I’m sorry, Lois. It’s just that you look really--“ Clark thought a second before finishing his sentence. “--clean.”

“Are you saying I’m not usually clean
rotflol Oh, she’s a dirty dirty woman!
LOIS: And Clark’s a dirty rotten scoundrel.

Either Lois hadn’t received the map, or Lois hadn’t fall for his trick, or she’d fallen for it and was too embarrassed to admit it.
[Linked Image]

He was also a little concerned about the fact that if Lois hadn’t found the map, then somebody else might have had it. Had somebody else accidently gone on Lois’ wild goose chase, and if so, then who was it?
Cat? Also, that’s what people get for stealing.

It was Cat Grant, but she looked nothing like the glamorous beauty she was used to seeing!
laugh

"I was kind enough to sign and accept the package for you. That could have been the end of it, but my curiosity got the better of me."
Things you get for stealing, for 100 please.

"Curiosity killed the cat," Lois couldn't help but interject sarcastically, causing Jimmy to snicker.
laugh

"Somebody wanted me to go on a wild goose chase?" Lois asked, clearly stunned. "Who? And, why?"

Clark shifted around uncomfortably and then finally spoke up. "It was me. I guess I sort of wanted revenge for you stealing my story. I thought you needed to learn a lesson of some kind."
He’s a brave one.

"You owe me big time," Cat said as she took a few steps toward Clark. "You owe me money to get this dress cleaned."
No, not really.

"I'll gladly pay your cleaning bill, Cat," Clark replied.
He’s a bit of a doormat, isn’t he?
LOIS: He’s just trying to make good with her so he still has a shot at becoming a nick on her garter belt.

"After shoe shopping, I think I deserve a romantic dinner," Cat said. "You've been sidestepping me for a long time now, and I think I deserve a reward after what I went through."
rotflol That will teach Clark. And Lois.

"Fine," Clark relented. "But keep in mind, Cat, that it'll be a date between friends. Nothing more."
So, they’ll go Dutch?

And that's how Cat Grant finally convinced Clark to go out on a date with her.
I wonder if she did it on purpose…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the comments, Michael. They are truly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
"I'll gladly pay your cleaning bill, Cat," Clark replied.
He’s a bit of a doormat, isn’t he?
LOIS: He’s just trying to make good with her so he still has a shot at becoming a nick on her garter belt.

lol Poor Clark.

And that's how Cat Grant finally convinced Clark to go out on a date with her.
I wonder if she did it on purpose…

Could be! smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard