Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Nominate what stories you'd like to read for our fanfic club in August. If you have a fanfic in mind that you'd like to nominate, please post the title of the story, the name of the author, and a link to it on the Archive.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now that I've replaced my broken Nook cord, I can start reading the longer stories again. hyper

IolatheAlias recommend this Shayne Terry story recently. It looks good. Single, White Kryptonian: (346Kb) In a world without Lana, Alt-Clark's history is different. He meets the woman of his dreams through a personal ad, never dreaming that he and Lois Lane will soon be partners. Their first case takes him to the last place that he wants to be -- a Smallville that holds the secrets to his past, secrets that he has been running from for ten years.

And Tailee recommended recently Michael Haney's story Just One Day Away...: (395Kb) Different back story, same old Lois and Clark romantic entanglements. This Elseworld tale pays homage to the original story of Superman while putting Clark in the center of a mystery that teams him up with a very distracting fellow reporter. The story starts in Smallville, but moves on into Metropolis where Superman must face Intergang, a rogues' gallery of villains, traumatic memories from the past and, most frightening of all, feelings for Lois Lane, who not only wants the story on Intergang, but also to know more about the mystery that is Clark Kent.

I started it and then realized I need to download it to my Nook because it was too long for a quick read. I know I'm far, far behind on my reading. wallbash I'm hoping to catch up this month.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the nominations, Virginia. I've listed my own nominations below.

Short

Get the Story! by IolantheAlias

Lois has just met the astounding Superman. And she's going to get the story on him, oh yes! Even her little sister Lucy coming into town won't stop her from getting the story, right?

Long

The Prankster's Revenge by Tank Wilson

The Prankster is in prison, probably for a long, long time. And that ought to be the end of it, right? ... Right? But it isn't...

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'm trying to remember if we ever did review "the man under the suit" by Happy Girl. If not I seriously re-offer it.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally Posted by Christina
I'm trying to remember if we ever did review "the man under the suit" by Happy Girl. If not I seriously re-offer it.

No, we haven't read that one yet, Christina. Thanks for nominating it again.

I just posted the August poll. We only had one nomination in the short story category, so Get the Story! by IolantheAlias will be our short story of the month. However, we still need to select a long story to read.

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Hi folcs,

All the nominated stories are available in epub and mobi formats on our wiki page.

KateB
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Which stories were chosen? There was only choices for short not long.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally Posted by Christina
Which stories were chosen? There was only choices for short not long.

There was only one nomination for the short story category, so Get the Story! by IolantheAlias became our short story of the month by default. The long story, as voted on in our poll, will be The Man Under The Suit by Happy Girl. smile

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Discussion threads for Get the Story! by IolantheAlias and The Man Under The Suit by Happy Girl have been posted.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard