Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments here please.

I've been slowly getting this ready all day. The story is finished, but minor editing and italics and such like, are still so annoying and hard for me now.

Please comment as much as you can. Not sure how well I will reply. Or maybe, cause I'm at home with not much to do, I'll be replying immediately for each one, then it doesn't take too long. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I've very mixed feelings about your posting this part today. On the one hand, for purely selfish reasons, I'm delighted; I hadn't expected you to post so soon. But on the other hand, I am concerned; I hope you didn't push yourself beyond what your body is telling you is OK just because you know that there are FoLCs here awaiting your story. Please take care of yourself first!

I enjoyed this part and am looking forward to the next.

When I got to the end of this one, though, and saw Cindy going first for Clark's glasses and then his shirt, I had thought that she was reaching for Clark's shirt to rip it open because she suspected she'd see a familiar uniform underneath. After all, she did notice Superman flying by just after Clark disappeared into the bathroom, and she had already commented on Clark's body. I am still half convinced that she is on to Clark's secret.

Either way, she's making some pretty bold moves. She definitely resembles Lucy more than Lois in her interactions with men.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, Lois! Cindy? [Linked Image] How desperate are you to have a miserable Clark-Free life?

At that thought a sudden, excited feeling stole into Lois’ heart. Related to Clark!

Turning back suddenly she slammed down the glass.

Nope, that’s what you’re trying to avoid. Cousin-in-law is close enough.
When I first read this, I thought she was thinking "too close". So, I was surprised she was actually trying to hook up Clark and Cindy.

While waiting for Lois to come to the door he spent a few moments pondering the strange day he’d had. Lois had been so confusing. She asked for his help in mediating an evening with her cousin but then she’d made the strangest of comments and given him the weirdest of looks. He caught her staring at him on many occasions over the course of the day but he could not figure out her thoughts.
Run, Clark. Run for your life!

“Clark’s visiting the little hunk’s room,” Cindy commented idly. Hunk? Lois raised her eyebrow. She placed the bottle down on the table and wandered over to stand next to Cindy. “Lois, you’ve met Superman haven’t you.”
The little hunks room. rotflol Poor Clark. Oh, no! Cindy has figured out Clark's secret.

“Oh, he just flew by.” Cindy turned away and rested her head on the window pane. “So, what’s the deal with you and Clark then?” She grinned suggestively at her cousin.
Say, "he's not available!" Lois? Lois! Say it! grovel

Lois gulped. “Who’s ... who’s to say I haven’t. But Kent and I, we’re best friends, and colleagues. And that’s how it should stay.”
wallbash No, Lois. You didn't!

Come on Clark. You’ve drunk five, maybe six glasses. How come you’re not more relaxed? Every time Cindy touches you ... you jump like a scared cat.
Maybe it's because every time Cindy touches him, he feels like jumping out the window.

Lois saw Cindy begin to rise up on her tiptoes and her mouth dropped open when she realised that her baby cousin was about to kiss her best friend.
Stop this, Lois! Eeek! Clark may be forgiving but you're starting to cross the line. (Okay, you stepped over it by Part 2). You aren't really going to allow Cindy to attack your best friend who is clearly not interested, are you? What if the shoe was on the other foot? And it was Clark, trying to kiss a clearly not interested Cindy? You'd stop it then, wouldn't you?

What happened with Jenny and Brian?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I'm glad you felt up to posting. But as much as I'm liking this story, take care of yourself first. That said, I'm thinking that if Cindy does kiss Clark, Lois is going to suddenly feel ill. Maybe sick enough (from the wine, not Clark and Cindy kissing) wink that Clark will want to stay and take care of Lois. Just my two cents.
Sarah

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hope you are doing well today, KK...

Great chapter--boy, between possibly setting Clark up with Jenny here down the line, and now Cindy tonight (even though Cindy took a lot of the lead here), Lois sure is trying to distance herself from Clark. Come on, Lois--be honest with yourself. The distance is to protect your heart...you know who you want to be with.

I love how Lois reached for her heart necklace a few times early in this part. And how during a potentially stressful situation with her cousin, she wants Clark with her--with the added bonus (for Lois) of Cindy ending up being attracted to Clark.

I enjoyed how Cindy questioned Lois about Clark...gets Lois thinking a bit wink.

And wow, Cindy is really throwing herself at Clark here near the end--if Cindy actually does kiss Clark, I think Lois is definitely going to NOT like it smile...might be the reality check she needs.

Fun chapter! Wonderful story...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/19/14 11:22 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally caught up with reading this story! hyper

“Lois, you’ve met Superman haven’t you.”

Superman, where did that come from?

“Yeah!” She smiled a little to herself. “He’s saved me once or twice. Why’d you ask?”

“Oh, he just flew by.”
rotflol

He turned and gave Lois a ‘help me’ look. She grinned at him and shook her head.

Clark glared at her in frustration. What is Lois doing?
This set up is hilarious!

Lois saw Cindy begin to rise up on her tiptoes and her mouth dropped open when she realised that her baby cousin was about to kiss her best friend.
Oh Lois, what have you wrought on yourself!?

Can't wait to see what happens next!! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois is getting what she asked for. I am surprised Clark is not resisting more though.

John Pack Lambert
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Cindy is being more aggressive than Cat Grant. That's pretty impressive, actually.

Lois is escalating her tactics. I'm a little afraid to see what she's going to try next.

Cute story! I'm looking forward to the next part.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome back Victoria! dance

This story is hysterical! Do glad you brought in Lois' cousin Cindy! As far as I can remember she has never shown up in any fic I have read. Perfect. Let's see how Clark is able to do a rescue, both of the victim from the crime and to keep himself from Cindy's clutches! rotflol

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana

This story is hysterical! Do glad you brought in Lois' cousin Cindy! As far as I can remember she has never shown up in any fic I have read. Perfect. Let's see how Clark is able to do a rescue, both of the victim from the crime and to keep himself from Cindy's clutches! rotflol

I too welcome you back and hope you are not doing too much too soon. Having had major surgery a couple of years back I know just how boring it can be to just sit around and I also listened to my share of "you should not be trying to do that"s but they all (and we) mean well.

Morgana,

This actually might be interesting as in a few fan Fiction stories Clark has shown himself to be unable to resist Lane women, mostly in the future. Nan Smith even has him marrying Lucy's great-grand niece in the Home series. What might be interesting is if Clark begins to show some interest in Cindy. The Green-Eyed Monster will almost assuredly surface. That and Lois can't keep from wearing and handling the necklace Clark gave her for her birthday...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic!
So great to see that you’re back and well…recuperating? I hope the FDK helps smile1
“Cindy. Nice of you to call,” Lois replied, sarcasm evident in her tone.
The cousin from Lois’s clone wedding, isn’t she?

Her free hand felt behind her blouse and pulled out the heart necklace.
hyper

showing her the fun that could be had climbing the gigantic tree in the back yard.
So long as no one falls off?

Cindy is a really nice girl …
Oh boy.

It’s just that ... well ... we’re cousins and we have this rivalry thing since teenage years. And we're attempting to get past that ...
So setting her up with her denied-fiancé sounds like a good way to get past their rivalry?
LOIS: razz The…that…*slut* is stealing my man! mad
CINDY: confused

Because those never have torrid affairs.

That had been at the wedding for one of her few short-lived marriages.
So…Lois took him as her date? laugh

Cindy cut him off when she grabbed his arm and dragged him in. “Oh, Clark. You are such a pushover. I was only teasing.”
Lane women…

what Clark suspected, was his missing university sweater.
laugh

She was dressed so casually, but he had never seen her looking so beautiful.

“Clark. Fashionably late as usual.” Lois’ quip brought him back down to earth.
laugh

He glanced over to Lois hoping for help but she was spreading out the Trivial Pursuit board on the coffee table.
So, Lois thinks it’s a good idea to play TP with Mr. Trivial while she’s in Pursuit?

Her mouth was only inches from his ear. She stretched out her arm and passed the wine glass over to Clark then stood and walked round the couch to join her cousin.
So, she knows they’re being set up?

Maybe it’s the wine. How many has he had? Enough to be ‘mellow’ or maybe enough to be ‘reckless’.
Like he’s ever been drunk.

Not that I’ve ever seen him ‘reckless’, she realised and frowned.
See?

She was doing her best to act ‘seductively’ but Clark was fully focussed on the game, and on trying to win, and on watching out for any ‘cheating’.
laugh
CLARK: What do you mean, she was trying to get me into bed?

Clark couldn’t stand any cheating.
LANA: wave

Hmm, I could possibly get away with a couple more minutes.
She not learned anything from their last setup, has she?

It doesn’t take that long to get a drink.
Unless she’s her mother and taking a moment to sneak a second drink.

“Uh, Cindy. I’m just going to pop to the bathroom.” He rushed off and, the moment the catch shut on the bathroom door, he sped out of the bathroom window.
Oh boy.
CINDY: So…Lois…*what* did you cook for him? mad

No…she’s…no *way*!

Lois blinked a little. This was what she was hoping for, so why did she feel like there was a fire-pit in her stomach.
evil

“How come you’ve never seen it?” Cindy seemed shocked at the thought.
Galactically Stupid – adjective, modified. See Lois Lane.

Lois gulped. “Who’s ... who’s to say I haven’t. But Kent and I, we’re best friends, and colleagues. And that’s how it should stay.”
So…friends with benefits, huh?

“I think, uh, that Lois is going to win. She always does.” He turned and gave Lois a ‘help me’ look. She grinned at him and shook her head.
Afraid the little cousin is going to crawl all over him?

This isn’t as easy as I thought. Finding Kent a date, finding him a partner, a relationship, is going to be more challenging than I expected. Well, nobody would ever say that Lois Lane is one to back down from a challenge.
[Linked Image]

Cindy was leaning all the way over the coffee table advancing on Clark and he was backing away.
Oh dear. Cindy is in full-on Cat mode.

She grabbed hold of the Trivial Pursuit board and then flung it away.
shock She…she…she snapped!

Bringing her hands up to his chest she murmured something.
help

Hey! [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I've very mixed feelings about your posting this part today. On the one hand, for purely selfish reasons, I'm delighted; I hadn't expected you to post so soon. But on the other hand, I am concerned; I hope you didn't push yourself beyond what your body is telling you is OK just because you know that there are FoLCs here awaiting your story. Please take care of yourself first!
Thanks, Lynn. I took my time ... don't worry.

I enjoyed this part and am looking forward to the next.
Good!

When I got to the end of this one, though, and saw Cindy going first for Clark's glasses and then his shirt, I had thought that she was reaching for Clark's shirt to rip it open because she suspected she'd see a familiar uniform underneath. After all, she did notice Superman flying by just after Clark disappeared into the bathroom, and she had already commented on Clark's body. I am still half convinced that she is on to Clark's secret.
LOL Actually she's just incredibly bold and aggressive.

Either way, she's making some pretty bold moves. She definitely resembles Lucy more than Lois in her interactions with men.

Joy,
Lynn
Oh yes. Definitely.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oh, Lois! Cindy? [Linked Image] How desperate are you to have a miserable Clark-Free life?
Um, is 'Very' an understatement?

While waiting for Lois to come to the door he spent a few moments pondering the strange day he’d had. Lois had been so confusing. She asked for his help in mediating an evening with her cousin but then she’d made the strangest of comments and given him the weirdest of looks. He caught her staring at him on many occasions over the course of the day but he could not figure out her thoughts.
Run, Clark. Run for your life!
rotflol

“Clark’s visiting the little hunk’s room,” Cindy commented idly. Hunk? Lois raised her eyebrow. She placed the bottle down on the table and wandered over to stand next to Cindy. “Lois, you’ve met Superman haven’t you.”
The little hunks room. rotflol Poor Clark. Oh, no! Cindy has figured out Clark's secret.
No, she hasn't. But she's not oblivious to his charms, or scared to voice her attraction.

“Oh, he just flew by.” Cindy turned away and rested her head on the window pane. “So, what’s the deal with you and Clark then?” She grinned suggestively at her cousin.
Say, "he's not available!" Lois? Lois! Say it! grovel
I know you want her to, but at this stage ... do you really think she will?

wallbash No, Lois. You didn't!
Of course she did ... come on, this is Lois!

Come on Clark. You’ve drunk five, maybe six glasses. How come you’re not more relaxed? Every time Cindy touches you ... you jump like a scared cat.
Maybe it's because every time Cindy touches him, he feels like jumping out the window.
Tee Hee

Stop this, Lois! Eeek! Clark may be forgiving but you're starting to cross the line. (Okay, you stepped over it by Part 2). You aren't really going to allow Cindy to attack your best friend who is clearly not interested, are you? What if the shoe was on the other foot? And it was Clark, trying to kiss a clearly not interested Cindy? You'd stop it then, wouldn't you?
*whistles innocently*

What happened with Jenny and Brian?
You'll see ... soon.

Originally Posted by sarah
I'm thinking that if Cindy does kiss Clark, Lois is going to suddenly feel ill.
Really?

Maybe sick enough (from the wine, not Clark and Cindy kissing) wink that Clark will want to stay and take care of Lois. Just my two cents.
Sarah
LOL. Lois is definitely going to have a reaction to what is happening ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
Hope you are doing well today, KK...

Great chapter--boy, between possibly setting Clark up with Jenny here down the line, and now Cindy tonight (even though Cindy took a lot of the lead here), Lois sure is trying to distance herself from Clark. Come on, Lois--be honest with yourself. The distance is to protect your heart...you know who you want to be with.
There's no way she's admitting this yet!!! No matter how much you want her to.

I love how Lois reached for her heart necklace a few times early in this part. And how during a potentially stressful situation with her cousin, she wants Clark with her--with the added bonus (for Lois) of Cindy ending up being attracted to Clark.
Lois cannot help herself from looking to Clark for support ... smile

I enjoyed how Cindy questioned Lois about Clark...gets Lois thinking a bit wink.
Hmm, oh yeah.

And wow, Cindy is really throwing herself at Clark here near the end--if Cindy actually does kiss Clark, I think Lois is definitely going to NOT like it smile...might be the reality check she needs.

Fun chapter! Wonderful story...
Laura
Well, Lois doesn't like it ... but she's still in denial, even so.

Originally Posted by John Lambert
Lois is getting what she asked for. I am surprised Clark is not resisting more though.
He's being a gentleman! Come on. You don't really think he's going for it do you?

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Wow, Cindy is being more aggressive than Cat Grant. That's pretty impressive, actually.

Lois is escalating her tactics. I'm a little afraid to see what she's going to try next.

Cute story! I'm looking forward to the next part.
Thank you. And a few people have compared Cindy to Cat here ... LOL.

Originally Posted by Morgana

This story is hysterical!
Thanks. It's supposed to be a comedy, so glad it's worked.

Do glad you brought in Lois' cousin Cindy! As far as I can remember she has never shown up in any fic I have read. Perfect.
Yeah, I can't remember her in anything else either.

Let's see how Clark is able to do a rescue, both of the victim from the crime and to keep himself from Cindy's clutches! rotflol
Clark has no problem with rescues ... of the normal kind, but it might be up to Lois to rescue HIM from this situation. Will she?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mike M
Morgana,

This actually might be interesting as in a few fan Fiction stories Clark has shown himself to be unable to resist Lane women, mostly in the future. Nan Smith even has him marrying Lucy's great-grand niece in the Home series. What might be interesting is if Clark begins to show some interest in Cindy. The Green-Eyed Monster will almost assuredly surface. That and Lois can't keep from wearing and handling the necklace Clark gave her for her birthday...

Mike
Sooooo not going there. rotflol But what an idea!

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vic!
So great to see that you’re back and well…recuperating? I hope the FDK helps smile1
Oh yes. FDK is great medicine.

“Cindy. Nice of you to call,” Lois replied, sarcasm evident in her tone.
The cousin from Lois’s clone wedding, isn’t she?
Yup.

Her free hand felt behind her blouse and pulled out the heart necklace.
hyper
smile

showing her the fun that could be had climbing the gigantic tree in the back yard.
LOIS: It's even MORE fun then!

Cindy is a really nice girl …
Oh boy.
I can hear the tone of dread just in those 2 words!

It’s just that ... well ... we’re cousins and we have this rivalry thing since teenage years. And we're attempting to get past that ...
So setting her up with her denied-fiancé sounds like a good way to get past their rivalry?
LOIS: razz The…that…*slut* is stealing my man! mad
CINDY: confused
rotflol

Because those never have torrid affairs.
shock Torrid affair!!!!! What an idea!

That had been at the wedding for one of her few short-lived marriages.
So…Lois took him as her date? laugh
LOIS: Friend! He went as my FRIEND!

what Clark suspected, was his missing university sweater.
laugh
What! You think Lois wouldn't ... procure ... anything like that from Clark?

Her mouth was only inches from his ear. She stretched out her arm and passed the wine glass over to Clark then stood and walked round the couch to join her cousin.
So, she knows they’re being set up?
Kind of. angel-devil

Maybe it’s the wine. How many has he had? Enough to be ‘mellow’ or maybe enough to be ‘reckless’.
Like he’s ever been drunk.
laugh

Not that I’ve ever seen him ‘reckless’, she realised and frowned.
See?
*nods*

“Uh, Cindy. I’m just going to pop to the bathroom.” He rushed off and, the moment the catch shut on the bathroom door, he sped out of the bathroom window.
Oh boy.
CINDY: So…Lois…*what* did you cook for him? mad
LOL

No…she’s…no *way*!
It's a complete tangent ... well, actually, no it's not. There's a reason she said that, but it's not cause she figured it out. Superman just flew past the window, that's all.

Lois blinked a little. This was what she was hoping for, so why did she feel like there was a fire-pit in her stomach.
evil
smile

“How come you’ve never seen it?” Cindy seemed shocked at the thought.
Galactically Stupid – adjective, modified. See Lois Lane.
Duh!

So…friends with benefits, huh?
LOIS: Definitely not!!!!

“I think, uh, that Lois is going to win. She always does.” He turned and gave Lois a ‘help me’ look. She grinned at him and shook her head.
Afraid the little cousin is going to crawl all over him?
Have you been reading ahead?

Cindy was leaning all the way over the coffee table advancing on Clark and he was backing away.
Oh dear. Cindy is in full-on Cat mode.
You know, Cat dissapeared years ago. We haven't seen her since. What if there was some weird accident and she and .... naaaaaa

She grabbed hold of the Trivial Pursuit board and then flung it away.
shock She…she…she snapped!
rotflol

Bringing her hands up to his chest she murmured something.
help
Getting a bit worried are you?

Hey! [Linked Image]

wave Michael
Sorry? Did I leave you at a bad place? Am I evil?

Well, just you wait. There are some even more precarious cliffhangers to come!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Oh yes. FDK is great medicine.
smile1

LOIS: It's even MORE fun then!
eek
ELLEN: Lois, what were you thinking! Now I have to explain to my sister-in-law why her daughter had to go to the ER to get a cast.

LOIS: Friend! He went as my FRIEND!
Right. And friends never go on dates. Or fall into the sheets afterwards. It’s always in the movies!

What! You think Lois wouldn't ... procure ... anything like that from Clark?
laugh I guess, with her being an adamant ‘friend’, I just figured…

LOIS: Definitely not!!!!
Afraid it will distract her during work?

Have you been reading ahead?
[Linked Image]

You know, Cat dissapeared years ago. We haven't seen her since. What if there was some weird accident and she and .... naaaaaa
rotflol

Getting a bit worried are you?
Kinda…

Sorry? Did I leave you at a bad place? Am I evil?
[Linked Image]

Well, just you wait. There are some even more precarious cliffhangers to come!
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard