Next Thread
Print Thread
#256233 07/14/14 11:26 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Comments?

Also, a note on one of the words in this chapter: I was trying to figure out the word to describe the liquor that Haver makes from grain, fruit, and anything else he can find, but I couldn't figure out what it was called, so I borrowed a word, barma, from the novel 'The Shelters of Stone' by Jean Auel, in which one of the characters makes a potent alcoholic beverage using grain, fruit, and whatever else he can find.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very interesting insight into the lives of the previous victors and the system as it stands.

Definitely more fodder for revolution. But I think Clark needs Lois to direct him and be the leader of the resistance.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
Very interesting insight into the lives of the previous victors and the system as it stands.

Definitely more fodder for revolution. But I think Clark needs Lois to direct him and be the leader of the resistance.

The lives of the victors can be tough, but the lives of the people in charge of the Games can be difficult, too -- and just because they're involved in the Games doesn't make them evil, as Clark is learning.

Hmm ... Lois. That's problematic, since she's dead (or is she?) wildguy

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Please bring Lois back or at least give Clark something more positive to think about than recurring nightmares! grovel

This is a fabulous story! Lots of angst, action, and intrigue for three books. You have been posting for nearly a year and it still feels like there is a LOT more to come.

Matilda has been through havoc and back. Surely her brother must have understood why she acted the way she did and love her for all the sacrifices she has done to keep him and the remmants of her family alive. Sam does not sound like much of a brother.

Why do I get the feeling that her child is alive?

Marcius is more than what he appears to be on the surface. Clark was given quite and education from Haver that evening. Nothing is as it seems for the Capitolites or the folks in the districts.

A house of cards ready to collapse.

Snow is a real snake.

Clark needs to turn to his writing...

Last edited by Morgana; 07/16/14 09:50 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Please bring Lois back or at least give Clark something more positive to think about than recurring nightmares! grovel

Hmm ...

This is a fabulous story! Lots of angst, action, and intrigue for three books. You have been posting for nearly a year and it still feels like there is a LOT more to come.

Yes, there is, though real life keeps getting in the way of writing as much as I'd like. razz

Matilda has been through havoc and back. Surely her brother must have understood why she acted the way she did and love her for all the sacrifices she has done to keep him and the remnants of her family alive. Sam does not sound like much of a brother.

He's one of those people who sees the world in terms of black and white, rather than shades of gray. He'll come up again later in the story.

Why do I get the feeling that her child is alive?

That's what Matilda hopes. Like many a mother of a kidnapped child, she hopes that her child is alive and well and with people who love them, rather than dead and forgotten.

Marcius is more than what he appears to be on the surface. Clark was given quite and education from Haver that evening. Nothing is as it seems for the Capitolites or the folks in the districts.

The impression that the people in the districts have of the Capitolites is that they're all wealthy, shallow, and obsessed with useless things -- which isn't quite true. The Capitolites often think the people of the districts are stupid, barbaric, and unappreciative of what the Capitol does for them, which also isn't quite true.

[quite]A house of cards ready to collapse.[/quote]

As Snow tells Katniss in 'Catching Fire', it's very fragile. Unfortunately, the things done to try to maintain stability (like the Hunger Games) create resentment that eventually bubbles over into rebellion.

Snow is a real snake.

Cold, calculating, and he knows exactly what weaknesses to exploit to get people to do what he wants.

Clark needs to turn to his writing...

He needs to do something, because things are pretty bad for him right now.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard