Page 1 of 2 1 2
#255616 06/24/14 01:24 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Folks,

Clark wandered the world and Lois didn't. But what if she had?

For example what if Lois took a job as part of a show on a cruise ship, undercover, to follow up a story. And Clark sees her?

Some great fanfic has come from having Lois and Clark meet elsewhere

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I had Clark meet Lois several times prior to getting a job at the DP in Specimen S.

(He meets her in college at a football game in Metropolis - she interviews him. Then again in the Congo where she is tracking down gun runners. Then again as a bouncer in a Metropolis club. And, finally, at the newsstand/coffee counter in the DP's lobby.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ML Thompson wrote a great story: Cause and Effect

Clark met Lois undercover in Israel, years before he went to Metropolis.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In my Fireworks Lois and Clark meet waiting in line at Disney World. And in Green-Eyed Monster they meet at a bookstore. The cast of characters is the same but they've been regulated to working at the bookstore.

I like Stardust by Caroline K., where they meet in a bar. Terry Leatherwood often uses alt-beginnings for his stories. "Play some Mountain Music" and "The Circle Squared" are two excellent ones that come to mind.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Some of my favorite stories have started with an alternate beginning. I just love the exploration of L&C falling for each other in a different sort of environment, and seeing how Superman will fit into story. Makes for a great read....

I'm still reading Trusting Me, Trusting You by Female Hawk (which I absolutely love!), but another of my favorite alternate beginning stories is Field of Dreams by Caroline K.

Hope someone runs with the idea!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love alt-beginnings. One of my favorites is Jeff Brogden's Lost and Found.

I have an unwritten plot bunny that has them meeting earlier as they are both overseas. Someday I'll get it written...

B

Kerth
Kerth
Chris Mulder ' s "Meet Me in Kansas City" is a great story. I'm on mobile right now so can't hyperlink, but it's easy to find by searching the archive.

Last edited by groobie; 07/07/14 04:02 PM.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah--thanks Groobie....that is one of my favorite stories, also. It was one of the first fanfics that I ever read--great way to start wink

And it does have a sequel : My Mother Made it for Me (which is wonderful, too).

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/07/14 04:10 PM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really like Shayne Terry's fics, and he's written a couple of alternate meeting stories:

Duet is where Clark Kent is a musician with a son and a secret to hide, and Lois Lane is a hot-shot entertainment lawyer.

In Single White Kryptonian, Lois puts an ad in the Planet for a romantic meeting. Fortunately, Clark is there to answer the ad. Unfortunately, although he looks great, he has some previous issues that come to light when they are sent to Smallville to investigate the EPA kerfuffle on the Irig farm.

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Would it be horrible if I asked for more suggestions? I've been lucky enough to read most of the story suggested here.and am now currently reading green eyed monster. Fireworks, which I just finished, was fricking awesome. Field of dreams is a story I read every single month. Basically every single story listed is wonderful. is there more?

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Tailee,

Have you read Female Hawk's Awaken My Heart? You really can't go wrong with any of her stories.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is a great thread....I just love Alt. Beginning stories--and though I've read some of the suggestions, I'm already looking forward to coming back here and picking a new one when I'm searching out my next story wink.

So I agree--keep the suggestions coming smile

"Field of Dreams"--Tailee...it is such a fun read! I've read it a few times now, and never get tired of it. It has so much personality. Some great, funny scenes also. It's been a few months, but yeah, already getting urges to read it again smile

Laura

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I also really like Terry Leatherwood's fics and he has a few alternate-meeting ones:

In The Circle Squared, Lois is a boxing manager and Clark goes undercover at her gym, posing as a boxer.

Play Some Mountain Music has Lois in an all-girl band. The band is invited to play at the Metro Club. Clark and Lois meet under a different set of circumstances.

Terry also has a long trilogy, The Road Taken; Further On Down The Road, and The End of the Road. The titles are based on the Robert Frost poem about the road not traveled.

Tank Wilson also has two fun-to-read fics, about Metropolis Police Lt. Lois Lane (and her partner Bill Henderson) in To Protect And Serve and To Protect and Serve II - The Return of A Superman.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, almost forgot. I had Lois and Clark meet as teens in The Lemonade Stand.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
@ deadly chakram.....soo the lemonade stand....there wouldn't happen to be a "years later they meet again" part, would there? smile

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Lynn...I love female hawks stories...and yes, awaken my heart is a good read.

Tailee #256142 07/11/14 10:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Tailee
@ deadly chakram.....soo the lemonade stand....there wouldn't happen to be a "years later they meet again" part, would there? smile

rotflol Not currently, but I never say never. If my muse ever gets the itch to write one, I wouldn't be opposed!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for the recommendation of Single White Kryptonian. Just read it for the first time and loved it!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
There is Tryst by Pam Jernigan where they don't meet until after Lois is dead.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love "Star Player, Star Reporter", "The Way it Should Have Been" and also "My Inspiration". All by Stopquitdont. Fantastic reads. Plus all the others already mentioned.
Sarah

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard