OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The DP staff meeting was hilarious! lol I loved how it ended with a group hug.

I liked how you embellished the scene between Miranda and Lex, especially this paragraph:
Immediately his mind flew back to his last encounter with this woman. His very callus statement - "Us? You were an itch. You've been scratched." His eyes widened even farther as his fear increased. The thought of the old quote, ‘Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned' crossed his mind and he was afraid that he was facing the embodiment of that proverb. He knew that most animals reacted aggressively when they sensed fear in their prey, so he tried to hide his abject terror. In a voice that waivered only slightly, he said, "Miranda. What a pleasant surprise. What can I do for you?"
I never picture Lex as being scared, and I like that Miranda was able to give him pause. Other than creating a fun plot device "Revenge", Miranda is a favorite villain with us fans because of the power she exerts over Lex.

You're making us wait until the next part to see what Lois will say to Lex about her marriage to Clark when he shows up at the DP, or whether Clark will intervene when Lex reminds Lois of their "date". That should be fun.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, I never thought that Miranda had enough 'air time' and it did seem as though she had the upper hand in this particular scene. The look on Lex's face went right along with my embellishment. He sat back in his chair to try to get away from the sword, but Miranda kept up the pressure and didn't let him get away.

Date? Did somebody say, date? Well, I guess we'll just have to keep reading to find out about a date.

kj
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Cute take on the original scenes!

As she turned, Perry looked again at what he had written and placing the paper down on his desk started to edit his own copy.

I'm content to worship you from afar.
Heh. Even in a drug-induced romantic haze, he's still the E.I.C.

I'm curious to see what Lois's reaction after the drug wears off is going to be this time around, when she's not so concerned about denying her attraction to Clark.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Believe it or not, I found the ever-running copier to be an entertaining bit in this story (maybe because I read the chapter right after cleaning a massive paper jam out of the office copier).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, there goes that different dynamic again. Her reaction will have a different flavor because they are already married.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Anne,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, the insatiable Cat Grant in action. Phil doesn't know just what hit him.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally!

Great to be connected to the internet again.

Immediately his mind flew back to his last encounter with this woman. His very callus statement - "Us? You were an itch. You've been scratched." His eyes widened even farther as his fear increased. The thought of the old quote, ‘Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned' crossed his mind and he was afraid that he was facing the embodiment of that proverb.

I always felt bad for Miranda, Lex treated her worse than most of his lovers, especially when he referred to her as an itch. No wonder she wanted to stab him!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, cold and callus is how I would describe Lex's treatment of Miranda. Of course there was no voice over to give Lex's thoughts while she had him skewered. I had to fill in the blanks.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard