Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I'm making a second post because... well, I'm not sure if the stickied posts kinda fade out of everyone's vision or not. Do they? Didya notice it was there?

In any case, to repeat myself:

OK, FoLCs! Buy, buy, buy!!

Get your t-shirt or hoodie here!

The goal is set for 50 shirts, so we NEED to sell at least 50 or the whole campaign is a bust. (At which point, we could try again and set a lower goal.)

You have until July 23rd to place your reservation. I picked the longest deadline so that we have a better chance at reaching our goal and so that everyone can have time to make a little wiggle room in their budgets.

Due the nature of the campaign, shirts won't be shipped until after it ends. It'll be worth the wait, though!

If you have any more questions about how the campaign works, what shipping costs are, etc., please check out the FAQ over at teespring.

A HUGE, HUGE thanks to Katherine Kent and her husband for all the hard work designing and polling and organizing all the details of this campaign! party clap

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
We've got 15 so far towards our goal of 50! Remember that you won't get charged until the campaign is over.

Some people have been having issues with getting a confirmation email from the site once they reserve their shirt. Emailing support @ teespring.com is your best bet. They respond within 24 hours and have been very helpful so far.

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I didn't receive a confirmation email for my t-shirt. I wasn't expecting one. Frankly, I didn't even think about it, figuring I'd only hear once we reached our limit. Should I contact them to confirm they got mine?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
That's what I'd assumed, too, Virginia. The counter did go up after my reservation, so I guessed it was OK. It wasn't until another FoLC had an issue -- the count didn't go up at all after she thought she'd reserved -- that I emailed to ask. At that point, the tech support person "re-sent" my confirmation email. Can't hurt to email them just in case. Maybe they'll get the hint that something's off with their confirmation system. wink

Sara smile

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Definitely will be ordering 2 in the next day or two. Love how they turned out!

Exciting!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just ordered a red V-neck shirt and a gray hoodie! Can't wait to get them. smile

We're currently at 18/50. I had no problem getting a confirmation email (it was in my inbox about 3 seconds after my order was processed).

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
18 sold. 32 to go and we have just under 13 days! Now's the time to buy, guys! Remember, you won't get charged until the campaign ends.

Sara smile

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
OK, looks like we cannot extend the deadline. However, we can request ONE goal drop per campaign. This would affect the amount of profit that we make per shirt. I'd like to wait until closer to the ending time to drop the goal.

So in the meantime, get those reservations in, FoLCs!! laugh

Sara smile

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Let's try to make it to at least 25, guys!! Only 8 days left! Consider sharing the link with any of your friends who like fanfic. smile

Sara

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please dig deep, guys! We need the full amount to keep these boards running for the next five years. We only launch these fundraising drives sparingly. We don't want to have to be doing this again in a couple of years or lose the boards. So please - help us secure the boards' future for a long time to come.

LabRat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 07/18/14 04:11 PM. Reason: Apostrophe! Remember the darn apostrophe!

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Quick question...is it more worth it for this site for me to straight donate the $30 it would cost for a shirt, or to just buy the 2 shirts?

Thank you

Last edited by Tailee; 07/19/14 01:07 AM. Reason: changed the number of shirts

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Either way, Tailee, the donation would be very welcome! Only difference would be to you, really.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
OK...one more random question ...will there be more stories auctions in the near future?

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Tailee - LabRat's right - either way, the donation will be greatly appreciated! This post by Katherine shows the profit we'll make from each shirt. These amounts may go down by about 30 cents if we don't make the goal of 50.

Get the shirt while you can, guys! 4 days to go! hyper

In response to your question about the auction: Wendy started a poll a while back. Not sure if there's enough traction or not. Someone would have to take point on that if we wanted to have another go. smile

Sara

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
According to teespring.com,
If the campaign does not meet its original sales goal, but is profitable at its ending amount sold, Teespring will still produce the products for that campaign and count it as a success. At this point, you will be charged and receive your order as usual. You will not be charged if the campaign does not reach its sales goal and is not profitable. We'll cancel the payment authorization within 24 hours of the end of the campaign.
So the main question I have is whether we have bought enough shirts to make the campaign profitable. If we haven't, how many more need be bought?

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm still planning on buying 2, btw...life's been a bit crazy here with getting ready to sell our house, but will be ordering soon thumbsup (just to know, for our numbers right now)...

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/20/14 01:04 AM.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Decided to go ahead and order tonight. Done and Done: One red shirt, and one grey hoodie. clap hyper smile1 dance

Really excited--love how they turned out!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/20/14 01:43 AM.

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
According to teespring.com,
If the campaign does not meet its original sales goal, but is profitable at its ending amount sold, Teespring will still produce the products for that campaign and count it as a success. At this point, you will be charged and receive your order as usual. You will not be charged if the campaign does not reach its sales goal and is not profitable. We'll cancel the payment authorization within 24 hours of the end of the campaign.
So the main question I have is whether we have bought enough shirts to make the campaign profitable. If we haven't, how many more need be bought?

Joy,
Lynn

I'm not sure what profitable means, and there's not an easy way to tell from the campaign settings. I've emailed Teespring. I'll let you know when I hear back. smile

Sara

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Got my order in. Ty.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just got my email! The shirts are being printed!!! hyper

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard