Super Shook Up TOC

~~~Epilogue~~~

The Planet was bustling with excitement and relief. The world was no longer ending. He hung back by the storeroom and watched his coworkers, his friends celebrate and pour champagne. They were safe now. She was safe.

He thought back to the moment it'd happened, the moment that all his memories of being Super had come flooding back. She'd been scared. The strong, determined, and seemingly invincible Lois Lane had been terrified. She'd been terrified of dying, and for him, losing Lois… well, that was a fate worse than death.

The anxiety had still gripped him, clutching at his chest. But saving her was something he *had* to do. No question about it. So, despite his own fear, his heart had given his mind a jump-start to jog his memory. All the pieces of his life had clicked back into place. Clark Kent. Superman. Lois.

He'd flown at the remaining chunk of asteroid with a renewed vigor, determined that it wouldn't survive to threaten Earth this time. Comparatively, it'd be easy to steer it off course, the chunk being far smaller than its whole. Small despite its looming devastation.

The flight back had given him time to revel in his newly rediscovered memories in addition to the new memories he'd created. Things were certainly different now. Lois knew. She knew about Superman, and she knew he loved her, though she had to have suspected the latter already. And she loved him. She hadn't said it yet, but it was clear to him.

Now, as he watched everyone celebrate, he felt all was truly right with the world.

He made his way over. "Did I miss anything?" he asked.

"Clark!" Lois exclaimed. He watched as she caught herself, though. She quickly tempered her emotions. She managed a wry smile and said, “Only Superman saving the world.”

Perry chimed in, pouring some champagne for Clark. “A real day to remember.”

Lois almost choked on her sip of champagne. A real day to remember indeed. She caught his eye and smiled. He smiled warmly and raised his glass to her.

He and Lois slowly edged their way to the fringe of the crowd, eventually making it to a conference room when Lois had indicated that she wanted to talk without an audience.

Safely behind closed doors, said quietly, "You're amazing, you know that?"

"Am I?" He had a hint of a grin across his lips. He guessed he had been pretty amazing today.

"How do you do that?"

"Do what? Move an asteroid?" he asked, slightly amused. He wasn't sure what she meant.

She thwapped him on the shoulder. "No, how do you come back from… saving the freaking world. Like you didn't just fly into space, putting your life on the line for the entire planet? Again!"

Oh. That. "Just practice, I guess." He felt the beginnings of a blush rising in his cheeks. "I have to do it all the time."

"Oh. Right." She nodded, clearly processing and understanding quickly. "I guess that's something I'll have to get used to now. She smiled at him warmly and stepped toward him, putting a hand on his lapel.

His heart did a little dance, both at her words and at her touch. He inched closer to her. "There are a few things I think I'll need to get used to too now."

"Oh? Like what?"

He reached up a hand to cup her cheek and leaned his head closer to hers. "Like this." He brought his lips down to hers, heady with the feeling that he could, and kissed her.

She smiled against his lips and kissed him back, deeply, lovingly.

He pulled back to look into her eyes, still amazed and touched at what he found staring back at him. "Yeah, this'll definitely be a day to remember."

The Real End

Authors live on feedback. Feed me? love

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.