Print Thread
#256091 07/10/14 05:26 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was about to reply to someone's post with some LOLs when I realised there were no graelims in sight! I asume no one else is having this problem or there'd already be a post on it. But don't want to bother Annette if anyone knows of an easy fix.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Did you switch to the Full Reply Screen? Did you then click on the first icon (the smiley) in the formatting toolbar? If so, what did you see?

Joy,
Lynn

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I was in the full reply screen. *smacks head on desk* But, for some reason, I thought the graelims list comes up automatically when you do that (99% of the time, I use quick reply). Didn't realise you have to click the smiley button first. Didn't even notice the smiley button! <g>

Thank you! You're a genius.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You're very welcome. Happy to have helped. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The roll-eyes smilie is no longer available sad and several others have changed their appearance. Many of us who use smilies in excess blush (blush - also different) remember the word markers for smilies from the old boards and just use those. laugh (big grin - with a colon and big D) and laugh (laugh) seem to be exactly the same though -- which appears to me as if someone is sticking their tongue out at you. (although, you can get a different 'big grin' if you go through the full screen smilie menu). (eek) eek now looks as if he's gritting his teeth. I do like the new smile to the old one (he seems happier).

These are the other new smilies: crazy (crazy) shocked (shockED, although the old wide-eyed 'shock' - present tense - is still available) smirk (smirk) grin (grin, spelled out) cry (cry, although it looks like yawning to me) sick (sick) sleep (sleep) tired (tired, okay, I guess 'cry' has bushier eyebrows) whistle (Ooooh! Whistle! I hadn't noticed this one until now. jump )

These are the new different ones: confused (confused) wink (wink)

The others seem to be the same as from before, although, I think other smilies might be missing besides :rolleyes: (but if they are, I hardly used them and probably won't miss them).

Now, you know more than you ever wanted to know about the new boards smilies. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I miss the rolling eyes smilie, too. With Lois and Clark you always need it. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Andreia grin wink cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard