Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Please, please put your comments here.

I know you probably want to comment on my current situation, but please don't forget to comment on the story. As all you writers know, FDK is all I live for. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Victoria,

I am so sorry to hear about your tumor. Please take care of yourself and focus on the healing involved. No surgery is a picnic and Neurosurgery can be much less of one. Your job is to get better everything else is secondary. We will be thinking about you until you return.

The story: Another great chapter, pure Lois and Clark (which is what we are all here for anyway isn't it?). Lois dumping Clark with Suzie. Clark feeling sorry for Suzie and staying with her even though he just wanted to leave. I really did like the way Lois and Clark handled the present. Her response to opening the present speaks volumes to her true feelings for Clark. Her hiding it is pure Lois (never give an inch). Clark's reaction to her hiding it was perfect as he knows Lois well...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
When Lois bent over to retrieve her pen, I first thought that Clark had gotten a view of her cleavage and that he was pointing out that she needed to adjust her blouse. The grin he gave her seemed a bit forward for Clark if that were the case, though.

He came up right behind her. His head was so close that he could smell her perfume, or was it her shampoo. Clark took in the scent then stepped back in shock.
This scene paints a vivid picture of how Clark's drawn to her. I'd love to have Jimmy catch Clark smelling her hair here. He could give Clark a good ribbing for it.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Victoria,

First and most important: May your surgery tomorrow be smooth and effective, and may your recovery be swift and complete. You will be in my prayers. Take your time getting back on the MB, but when you do feel up to posting, please let us know how you are doing.

Now on to lighter fare: What a perfect present Clark (and you) came up with. And regarding Lois' last thoughts in this part: The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

And if this is the quality of your writing when you are having to endure so many physical difficulties, I can't imagine what your writing will be like once you are feeling better. I can't imagine -- but I am looking forward to finding out. smile

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great chapter, KK! I really loved everything to do with the present....a heart necklace. Great idea, Clark wink. The perfect gift--shows feelings, sorta reminds her of a certain 'Pact', doesn't go as far (as say, an engagement ring), but none the less, sends the perfect message: He cares. And Lois' reaction was priceless...the fact that she had a tear, got a bit emotional. It meant a lot to her. Come on, you two....be honest, tell each other how you feel (but considering how early into the story we are, I'd guess that won't be for awhile...).

So it was a fully 'staged' phone call Lois set up from Lucy. ''7:05 pm"--can't get any more planned than that. Yeah, Lois definitely had the evening figured out, knew what she wanted to have happen. Sounds like Clark was polite, as expected, and went with the situation of being left alone with Suzie. And for sure--Suzie wasn't disappointed in Lois leaving...she just didn't want Clark to leave smile.

Is Lois trying to set up a double date with her and Brian, and Clark and Jenny? Talk about awkwardly entertaining! smile. Sounds like a good read--can't wait.

Love the story, KK
Laura

Also, wanted to say...will definitely be thinking and praying for you, your health, and your family. Thanks for sharing something so personal with us--and know that a ton of positive thoughts will be sent your way. Get tons of rest, get better, concentrate on you. We'll be here when you return (eagerly awaiting the next chapter wink ). Take care and talk soon!
sloppy

Last edited by LMA; 07/08/14 07:23 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery tomorrow. I, too, am amazed at all of your accomplishments during this trying time. Hugs and best wishes to you and your family.

I must admit I was a little confused by the Chapter title of "The Present" wondering if the last part was also part of the past, and then it hit me, DUH, [Linked Image] Clark's gift!

I wondered if the box contained the pen which she dropped on the floor, but I should have remembered that it was small enough box to have people wonder if it were an engagement ring. What a sweet gesture: Clark gave Lois his heart. I'm hoping it was a family heirloom. Even better, Lois accepted it. Although, Lois [Linked Image] did forget to thank him for his wonderful gift. (I had thought that she had left the gift on the table when she ran off. At least, she hadn't done that and not returned. That would have been a real slap in the face to Clark.)

I'm sure the evening at the bar was totally awkward. Neither person seemed like a bar person, and bars are horrible places to try to get to know someone because neither of you can hear what the other is saying. Lois was rude to both of them. Suzie thought they were celebrating her permanence at the DP and Clark thought they were celebrating Lois's birthday, and she abandoned them both. sad It would have served her better if they had instead had a better time without her there. I'm sure Suzie realized by the small jewelry box where Clark's heart truly lies.

Will she somehow orchestrate a double date between Clark and Jenny and herself and Brian? eek I can't look! /I say peering through my fingers, because I wouldn't miss it for the world./

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Best wishes for your surgery and for a speedy recovery. I hope you are feeling better soon.

I see Lois is up to her usual shenanigans. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Subject Title: Match found.
Height: 5’6
Features: Blonde hair, blue eyes.
Interests: Art, animals, decorating
Name: Jenny
Funny. Both their matches are blonde with blue eyes. Are they going to end up as the match of a double date? And are they the clones from the Clone-ARGH?

Resting back in her chair she smiled. Opera and fine dining. Sounds perfect. He’s possibly rich. Not that wealth is particularly important, or a guarantee of … anything.
So…she never dated Lex, then?

What if he's a ‘snob’? I want class, intelligence and refinement, but I don't want anyone who will act superior.
So…someone different from her?

Remembering her disastrous time dating Lex she suddenly got the feeling that Brian would be completely unsuitable. She leapt forward for her computer again but it was too late, her outbox was empty. Oh no, what have I got myself in to?
Well…according to canon and various fanfic, very likely some kidnapping situation or other.

Clark marched into the office knowing he had to confront her, even though part of him didn't want to. But it had to be done. She deserved whatever was coming to her.
Huh.

“It was just rather convenient,”
Now…Clark! Lois would *never* lie to you.

“So, what did you do?” came a sudden question.

“Do?”

Lois shrugged and nodded to the stairwell, indicating the lower floors of the Daily Planet. “You and Suzie.”
Dangle from the chandeliers?

“Ahh, stupid pen.” Lois reached down to the floor searching for her missing item and that’s when Clark noticed something.
Huh…Could it…nah…

His eyes stayed honed on Lois as she sat back up, pen in hand. Her gaze came up to meet his and when he grinned, knowingly, she frowned. He nodded down a little and dropped his gaze to her chest. She glanced down and let out a sharp breath.
eek Clark! Did he buy her lingerie?

She dropped her pen again and scrambled for the simple heart necklace which was now dangling out of her blouse. Tucking it back inside she flicked her hair back with a snap of her head and turned back to her work obviously trying to ignore him.
Awwwww hyper

Clark spent the rest of the afternoon with the tiniest of smiles on his face. Nothing could make it drop, not even memories of the poor, nervous girl forced to spend an hour with him last night.
I just realized. What if Suzie was fresh from college and Lois set her up with this older guy. Who then apparently rejected her peep

She wiped her hand across her brow. Ok, Lane. Remember your uncle’s training. All’s fair in Love and War. No mercy for the enemy. Get the job done.
Yeah…I don’t think that’s how love works.

“So, what did you want to talk about that has me ringing you at precisely 7:05?” came Lucy’s voice.
laugh I wonder if they have an app for that by now.

Why did you hide it? It was a birthday present ... from your best friend. Why did you hide it, Lois? And why did you feel hugely embarrassed when he saw?
[Linked Image]

It’s okay. Everything will be okay once he’s dating. No more complications, no more worries about the stupid Pact. He just needs to like one of them.
Right. Not a problem. At all.

Important Note: (WHAM warning)
Oh dear. Vic! [Linked Image] I hope everything works out well and you’ll be okay again!

The FDK will be here when you get back smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay. I'm NOT gonna reply to your lovely caring thoughts about my situation. Let's just stick with the FDK, but please know that I appreciate all your thoughts. So very much.

Originally Posted by Mike M
The story: Another great chapter, pure Lois and Clark (which is what we are all here for anyway isn't it?).
Of course it is.

Lois dumping Clark with Suzie. Clark feeling sorry for Suzie and staying with her even though he just wanted to leave. I really did like the way Lois and Clark handled the present. Her response to opening the present speaks volumes to her true feelings for Clark. Her hiding it is pure Lois (never give an inch). Clark's reaction to her hiding it was perfect as he knows Lois well...

Mike
Thank you. Glad you think I got it all spot on. smile

Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
When Lois bent over to retrieve her pen, I first thought that Clark had gotten a view of her cleavage and that he was pointing out that she needed to adjust her blouse. The grin he gave her seemed a bit forward for Clark if that were the case, though.
It would have, yes. But, thankfully, it wasn't her cleavage he was grinning at. smile

He came up right behind her. His head was so close that he could smell her perfume, or was it her shampoo. Clark took in the scent then stepped back in shock.
This scene paints a vivid picture of how Clark's drawn to her. I'd love to have Jimmy catch Clark smelling her hair here. He could give Clark a good ribbing for it.
LOL. That would be awesome. For Jimmy to catch Clark sniffing Lois' hair. LOL.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
What a perfect present Clark (and you) came up with. And regarding Lois' last thoughts in this part: The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Naaa. Lois doth protest not all. Tee Hee.

And if this is the quality of your writing when you are having to endure so many physical difficulties, I can't imagine what your writing will be like once you are feeling better. I can't imagine -- but I am looking forward to finding out. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Just to let you in on a secret. This story was originally written and finished 2 and a half years ago. It's actually not at all my style of writing any more. I've only been working on revising it to fit just a bit better in the LnC world over the last few months. I did write Doodles and Scribbles completely since my diagnosis, though. Plus the t-shirt. It was actually very good therapy.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
Great chapter, KK! I really loved everything to do with the present....a heart necklace. Great idea, Clark wink. The perfect gift--shows feelings, sorta reminds her of a certain 'Pact', doesn't go as far (as say, an engagement ring), but none the less, sends the perfect message: He cares. And Lois' reaction was priceless...the fact that she had a tear, got a bit emotional. It meant a lot to her. Come on, you two....be honest, tell each other how you feel (but considering how early into the story we are, I'd guess that won't be for awhile...).
Thanks. Glad everyone thinks the heart necklace was perfect. And you're correct. Why they heck would they talk yet. Where's the fun in that?

So it was a fully 'staged' phone call Lois set up from Lucy. ''7:05 pm"--can't get any more planned than that. Yeah, Lois definitely had the evening figured out, knew what she wanted to have happen. Sounds like Clark was polite, as expected, and went with the situation of being left alone with Suzie. And for sure--Suzie wasn't disappointed in Lois leaving...she just didn't want Clark to leave smile.
You got it. Lois is desperate for Clark to date someone. Anything and everything is fair game at the moment. She absolutely set him up and set up the phone call.

Is Lois trying to set up a double date with her and Brian, and Clark and Jenny? Talk about awkwardly entertaining! smile. Sounds like a good read--can't wait.

Love the story, KK
Laura
Nope, no double date. Lois just happens to have both her profile and Clark's and the dating website is extremely quick at matches. smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I must admit I was a little confused by the Chapter title of "The Present" wondering if the last part was also part of the past, and then it hit me, DUH, [Linked Image] Clark's gift!
thumbsup Yup.

I wondered if the box contained the pen which she dropped on the floor, but I should have remembered that it was small enough box to have people wonder if it were an engagement ring. What a sweet gesture: Clark gave Lois his heart. I'm hoping it was a family heirloom. Even better, Lois accepted it. Although, Lois [Linked Image] did forget to thank him for his wonderful gift. (I had thought that she had left the gift on the table when she ran off. At least, she hadn't done that and not returned. That would have been a real slap in the face to Clark.)
No she stuffed it in her pocket and then got all sentimental at home!

I'm sure the evening at the bar was totally awkward. Neither person seemed like a bar person, and bars are horrible places to try to get to know someone because neither of you can hear what the other is saying. Lois was rude to both of them. Suzie thought they were celebrating her permanence at the DP and Clark thought they were celebrating Lois's birthday, and she abandoned them both. sad It would have served her better if they had instead had a better time without her there. I'm sure Suzie realized by the small jewelry box where Clark's heart truly lies.
Poor Suzie. I didn't give her a very good part did I. frown Bad Victoria.

Will she somehow orchestrate a double date between Clark and Jenny and herself and Brian? eek I can't look! /I say peering through my fingers, because I wouldn't miss it for the world./
Another double date idea? Well, that would mean revealing quite a lot of stuff Lois doesn't want Clark to know, I think.

Originally Posted by DebbieG
I see Lois is up to her usual shenanigans. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next.
Just you wait. You haven't seen anything yet!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Subject Title: Match found.
Height: 5’6
Features: Blonde hair, blue eyes.
Interests: Art, animals, decorating
Name: Jenny
Funny. Both their matches are blonde with blue eyes. Are they going to end up as the match of a double date? And are they the clones from the Clone-ARGH?
LOL. Oh my, that's an awful thought.

Resting back in her chair she smiled. Opera and fine dining. Sounds perfect. He’s possibly rich. Not that wealth is particularly important, or a guarantee of … anything.
So…she never dated Lex, then?
Um, yes, actually.

What if he's a ‘snob’? I want class, intelligence and refinement, but I don't want anyone who will act superior.
So…someone different from her?
*whistles innocently*

Remembering her disastrous time dating Lex she suddenly got the feeling that Brian would be completely unsuitable. She leapt forward for her computer again but it was too late, her outbox was empty. Oh no, what have I got myself in to?
Well…according to canon and various fanfic, very likely some kidnapping situation or other.
Oh no. Really? Oh dear. I'm gonna have to rectify this ... oh. *slaps head* This is a RomCom, remember! It's all right.

“It was just rather convenient,”
Now…Clark! Lois would *never* lie to you.
*Splutters out coffee*

“So, what did you do?” came a sudden question.

“Do?”

Lois shrugged and nodded to the stairwell, indicating the lower floors of the Daily Planet. “You and Suzie.”
Dangle from the chandeliers?
Oh, flashback to Cat, season 1!

“Ahh, stupid pen.” Lois reached down to the floor searching for her missing item and that’s when Clark noticed something.
Huh…Could it…nah…

His eyes stayed honed on Lois as she sat back up, pen in hand. Her gaze came up to meet his and when he grinned, knowingly, she frowned. He nodded down a little and dropped his gaze to her chest. She glanced down and let out a sharp breath.
eek Clark! Did he buy her lingerie?
shock

She dropped her pen again and scrambled for the simple heart necklace which was now dangling out of her blouse. Tucking it back inside she flicked her hair back with a snap of her head and turned back to her work obviously trying to ignore him.
Awwwww hyper
*relief* You liked it. Even though it wasn't ... your other idea!

Clark spent the rest of the afternoon with the tiniest of smiles on his face. Nothing could make it drop, not even memories of the poor, nervous girl forced to spend an hour with him last night.
I just realized. What if Suzie was fresh from college and Lois set her up with this older guy. Who then apparently rejected her peep
Suzie's age was never indicated. You can take from this whatever you wish, Michael. LOL.

She wiped her hand across her brow. Ok, Lane. Remember your uncle’s training. All’s fair in Love and War. No mercy for the enemy. Get the job done.
Yeah…I don’t think that’s how love works.
Really? Maybe that's why Lois is still single then? Huh!

“So, what did you want to talk about that has me ringing you at precisely 7:05?” came Lucy’s voice.
The 'convenient caller app'? I'm guessing at 99p a pop it would soon make millions.

It’s okay. Everything will be okay once he’s dating. No more complications, no more worries about the stupid Pact. He just needs to like one of them.
Right. Not a problem. At all.
He's bound like one, isn't he? Lois surely knows exactly what will attract him in a woman?

The FDK will be here when you get back smile1

wave Michael
Thanks.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Quote:

The 'convenient caller app'? I'm guessing at 99p a pop it would soon make millions.

It's easy....you set your ALARM as your RINGTONE and then when the alarm goes off you act like you're talking on the phone!

Instant 'phone call' grin

KK, I hope you're feeling better, and I'm looking forward to more of Lois' shenanigans wink

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

LOL. Oh my, that's an awful thought.
Why, thank you smile1

Oh no. Really? Oh dear. I'm gonna have to rectify this ... oh. *slaps head* This is a RomCom, remember! It's all right.
rotflol

*Splutters out coffee*
Sooo-rry! angel-devil

Oh, flashback to Cat, season 1!
[Linked Image]

Clark! Did he buy her lingerie?

<WRITER IS SHOCKED>
What? angel-devil

*relief* You liked it. Even though it wasn't ... your other idea!
laugh I always have evil thoughts. Doesn’t mean the story has to go there laugh It’s just way more fun in FDK that way wink

Really? Maybe that's why Lois is still single then? Huh!
She left a trail of bodies in her wake…

So…new market idea!

He's bound like one, isn't he? Lois surely knows exactly what will attract him in a woman?
Brunette. Reporter. Prone to danger?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard