Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
More comments needed!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wouldn't be at all surprised if when Lois open her present she finds an engagement ring.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KenJ
I wouldn't be at all surprised if when Lois open her present she finds an engagement ring.
I don't think so, Ken, because that would be really putting his foot into it. If that were the case, I doubt he'd have given it to her in front of their co-worker.

I do wonder if Lois set up the call to give Suzie (was it) and Clark a chance to get to know each other.

Intergang leader finally exposed.
Was it Mindy? Or that guy who was in charge during Top Copy?

This is a good start to a comedy of errors. evil

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/05/14 02:41 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana

Ooooo. How unsubtle can you get, Kent? LOL. I think a ring in the box would send Lois running to the other side of the world!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I don't think so, Ken, because that would be really putting his foot into it. If that were the case, I doubt he'd have given it to her in front of their co-worker.

Yup.

I do wonder if Lois set up the call to give Suzie (was it) and Clark a chance to get to know each other.

Really? Lois ... setting up a phone call to get herself out of the evening? *tut* *tut*

Intergang leader finally exposed.
Was it Mindy? Or that guy who was in charge during Top Copy?

lol It was whoever you want it to have been, Virginia.

This is a good start to a comedy of errors. evil

Thanks, and yes it's definitely a comedy of errors. There will be so many parts where you will pull your hair out because they misunderstand each other, or miss an opportunity, etc. But it's also a romantic comedy. I hope you are looking forward to the romance!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Yup. I was right. The parts just keep getting better. smile

I enjoyed his "Clark Kent-ing" with Ralph. The scene reminded me a lot of his interactions with Steve Lombard in the comics.

I am having a difficult time, though, getting a handle on how this Clark thinks of himself with regard to his dual personae. On the one hand his thinking of "Clark Kent-ing" makes it sound as though he considers that persona to be the mask; OTOH, at one point in the second part, he thought to himself, "Control, Kent. Keep your control." That makes it sound as though he thinks of himself first as Clark (well, as "Kent," to be technical), and hence that Superman is the mask.

And by the way, you are a tease -- making us wait until the next part to find out what was in the box. Had he not given it to Lois so casually and in front of Suzie, I might have guessed it to be a ring; but I can't imagine that he would give a ring to her in these circumstances. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out...

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., After I posted this note, I read the previous feedback and I see that I wasn't alone both in thinking of an engagement ring and of discarding that idea. Hmmm... Maybe it's a home-made gift certificate promising some sort of special get-together?

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 07/05/14 06:14 PM. Reason: Added p.s.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, come on!
This HAS to be an engagement ring!
But knowing Clark, it won't.... He wouldn't give her a ring in a pub or in front of any witness...

And what about this girl? Does Lois really trying to mate her with Clark?

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Pair the two shy people. Yeah, right. GREAT idea. But seriously, she might like him shy but something tells me things aren't going to end happily for poor Suzie by the end of this "setup date".

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Yup. I was right. The parts just keep getting better. smile

To quote Clark from Soulmates: You ain't seen nothing yet.

I enjoyed his "Clark Kent-ing" with Ralph. The scene reminded me a lot of his interactions with Steve Lombard in the comics.

Yup, that's it exactly

I am having a difficult time, though, getting a handle on how this Clark thinks of himself with regard to his dual personae. On the one hand his thinking of "Clark Kent-ing" makes it sound as though he considers that persona to be the mask; OTOH, at one point in the second part, he thought to himself, "Control, Kent. Keep your control." That makes it sound as though he thinks of himself first as Clark (well, as "Kent," to be technical), and hence that Superman is the mask.

Okay. He is Clark. He thinks of himself as Clark. He's not playing the bumbling geek from 1940's or Christopher Reeve. He's confident, friendly, not afraid of showing his capabilities as a reporter, but, on occasion, he allows himself to seem a little accident prone and humble so as to adjust EVERYONE ELSES view of Clark Kent. It's kind of the 1990s version from the comics, and quite like Dean Cain's portrayal. Dean did bring sweetness and humility to Clark, but not necessarily the clumsiness ... although come to think of it I can remember him stumbling into his desk once, and spilling coffee on his files another time.

And by the way, you are a tease -- making us wait until the next part to find out what was in the box. Had he not given it to Lois so casually and in front of Suzie, I might have guessed it to be a ring; but I can't imagine that he would give a ring to her in these circumstances. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out...

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., After I posted this note, I read the previous feedback and I see that I wasn't alone both in thinking of an engagement ring and of discarding that idea. Hmmm... Maybe it's a home-made gift certificate promising some sort of special get-together?

Another person thinking it's a ring. They've not even mentioned the Pact this birthday. Clark's convinced that Lois is avoiding the subject so why would he jump straight to the engagement ring!!!!

You'll find out what the present is tomorrow night. And if you think this chapter ending was a tease ... just you wait. I'm very fond of ending my chapters on cliffhangers.

Originally Posted by chelo
Oh, come on!
This HAS to be an engagement ring!
But knowing Clark, it won't.... He wouldn't give her a ring in a pub or in front of any witness...

And what about this girl? Does Lois really trying to mate her with Clark?

Clark would never humiliate, or pressure Lois in such a way. Never.

Originally Posted by Christina
Pair the two shy people. Yeah, right. GREAT idea. But seriously, she might like him shy but something tells me things aren't going to end happily for poor Suzie by the end of this "setup date".

Poor Suzie? Really? Maybe Clark will like her and then Lois can get out of the Pact without having to break a promise/pink swear. *whistles innocently*

KatherineKent/Victoria
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
So.... was that phone call an engineered interruption? Oh, Lois, so devious. wink

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Poor Suzie? Really? Maybe Clark will like her and then Lois can get out of the Pact without having to break a promise/pink swear. *whistles innocently*

Yeah sure. If that happened then you could wrap this story in another two parts then what would you do for the remaining 13 parts plus epilogue?? Not to mention the grief you would probably get here for matching the two of them (Suzie and Clark) together... Of course you could match them together and get Lois all jealous and that could take a while to straighten out.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 07/07/14 05:39 PM. Reason: forgot something as always

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mike M
Originally Posted by KatherineKent

Yeah sure. If that happened then you could wrap this story in another two parts then what would you do for the remaining 13 parts plus epilogue?? Not to mention the grief you would probably get here for matching the two of them (Suzie and Clark) together... Of course you could match them together and get Lois all jealous and that could take a while to straighten out.

Mike

*sigh* You didn't fall for it. Everyone knows that I would never put Clark with anyone other than Lois!

KatherineKent/Victoria
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
So....I sorta went there, too. For the briefest of moments I thought maybe it could be an engagement ring--but my thoughts were a lot of wishful thinking wink. Any way to get them together, yeah--I totally go for it...hence, a ring. But--Clark wouldn't propose that way...not in front of Suzie, not at a bar, not with where they are relationship-wise right now. It's not the time.

Now...to figure out what is in that package?! I'm not sure. I'm hoping it's something sentimental--something that is a part of their friendship. Or maybe it's based on something that they are going to do or experience together? Maybe Clark made something? Bought Lois something special--but not 'engagement ring special'? Earrings...a bracelet...a watch. Really curious to find out what it is.

I don't see Suzie lasting too long either...Clark's not seeing her as anything other than a co-worker. He's there only for Lois--Lois is 'the one'.

I wonder who actually called Lois? It seems way too convenient of a call to be anything other than planned...

Great story clap

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/08/14 01:29 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This has all the signs of a classic set-up! Poor Suzie has just made the triangle a rectangle and there are only three people involved. LOL!!

Seriously, Lois and Clark need to sit down and talk, not in a club, but in either of their comfortable apartments and confront the elephant in the room. Come on guys! Both of you are in your thirties, enough of the high school angst. sad

What did Clark get her for a present?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

What am I going to do? The Pact is bound to come up if we spend tonight together, especially if there is wine involved. In fact, Lois gritted her teeth, that’s kind of what got me into this problem.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

She purposely ignored the ‘re-pact-ing’ of the following day that had again been her idea … sober.
clap

an immediate friendship when it became clear that they were Mel Gibson's No 1 and No 2 fan. Although they couldn't agree on which way round!
laugh

“No.” Suzie gave a shy smile and looked down into her lap. “I mean ... with Clark?”

“Clark!” Lois’ eyes widened, then narrowed, and was joined by a wry smile.
Oh boy. Is there a cat-fight going to be coming up?

Intergang leader finally exposed
[Linked Image]

Trotting down the stairs he realised that Lois would never have forgotten about The Pact. So that means she’s avoiding bringing it up. I guess that means if I mention it we could have an awkward situation on our hands.
Oh boy. He’s not going to mention it. Ever.

Catching a glimpse of another Daily Planet reporter coming up the stairs he decided to do a little ‘Clark Kent-ing’ and stumbled ever so slightly into the fellow worker causing him to slop his coffee and drop his folder.
shock

“Oh, sorry!” Clark mumbled sounding contrite. Inwardly Clark liked ‘messing’ with this particular reporter, and seeing him with a coffee stain down his shirt was just a little rewarding.
Awww…he’s mobbing Ralph!
SUZIE: [Linked Image] Naughty naughty, Mr. Kent.
/some months later, after the Christmas party/
SUZIE: Say, Clarkie? Would you mind mobbing Ralph down the stairs for me?

She stepped in and turned around watching the doors close behind her, sealing her doom.

Goodness, Lane. How dramatic can you get? Doom indeed!!!!!
laugh

“If you still want to celebrate my special day with me then why don’t you come too.”
Because matchmaking by one lead for the other lead in a RomCom always works out so well…

He held out his hand and she took it. “Yes, once or twice. Hi.”
When she giggled at him like a school girl?

He smiled at her genuinely. The responding smile and gulped ‘hi’ gave him pause for a moment but then he turned his attention back to Lois.
See?

“I know you said no present was necessary last year … but ...”
I’m assuming Lois would rip his head off, if he didn’t gift her.

“Bother!” she mumbled. Looking at Clark and Suzie apologetically she pulled out her phone and glanced at it. “I have to take this, sorry.”
What a coincidink.

Clark turned to look at the shy girl left next to him.
Umm…so…hi, there?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
So....I sorta went there, too. For the briefest of moments I thought maybe it could be an engagement ring--but my thoughts were a lot of wishful thinking wink.

So many people thought this, wow.

Now...to figure out what is in that package?! I'm not sure. I'm hoping it's something sentimental--something that is a part of their friendship. Or maybe it's based on something that they are going to do or experience together? Maybe Clark made something? Bought Lois something special--but not 'engagement ring special'? Earrings...a bracelet...a watch. Really curious to find out what it is.

Hope you liked it, and thought it was appropriate in the end.

I don't see Suzie lasting too long either...Clark's not seeing her as anything other than a co-worker. He's there only for Lois--Lois is 'the one'.

Absolutely

I wonder who actually called Lois? It seems way too convenient of a call to be anything other than planned...

Great story clap

Laura

Convenient? Really? Lois would never do anything like that. *whistles*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
This has all the signs of a classic set-up! Poor Suzie has just made the triangle a rectangle and there are only three people involved. LOL!!

LOL. Yup.

Seriously, Lois and Clark need to sit down and talk, not in a club, but in either of their comfortable apartments and confront the elephant in the room. Come on guys! Both of you are in your thirties, enough of the high school angst. sad

There's no fun if they talk and sort it all out too soon!

What did Clark get her for a present?

I'm sure you've read the next chapter by now. Did you like it? I think Lois did!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
What am I going to do? The Pact is bound to come up if we spend tonight together, especially if there is wine involved. In fact, Lois gritted her teeth, that’s kind of what got me into this problem.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Still after that story. *sigh*

She purposely ignored the ‘re-pact-ing’ of the following day that had again been her idea … sober.
clap
Oh yep. She really meant it at the time... and she wanted Clark to know.

an immediate friendship when it became clear that they were Mel Gibson's No 1 and No 2 fan. Although they couldn't agree on which way round!
laugh
I lived with Mel Gibson's No 1 fan when I was at college. She actually happened to be Nick Park's (Wallace and Gromit) best friend and he won an Oscar that year. When he went to LA Nick met Mel and told him about my house mate!!!! Mel Gibson actually got to know that she exists!

“No.” Suzie gave a shy smile and looked down into her lap. “I mean ... with Clark?”

“Clark!” Lois’ eyes widened, then narrowed, and was joined by a wry smile.
Oh boy. Is there a cat-fight going to be coming up?
LOL. Remember, she wants to find Clark someone a date at the moment. smile

Intergang leader finally exposed
[Linked Image]
rotflol

Trotting down the stairs he realised that Lois would never have forgotten about The Pact. So that means she’s avoiding bringing it up. I guess that means if I mention it we could have an awkward situation on our hands.
Oh boy. He’s not going to mention it. Ever.
*sigh* He is in a quandary over this. Does he mention it, keep quiet, what? Poor guy.

Catching a glimpse of another Daily Planet reporter coming up the stairs he decided to do a little ‘Clark Kent-ing’ and stumbled ever so slightly into the fellow worker causing him to slop his coffee and drop his folder.
shock
Tee Hee. You didn't think Clark could do anything like this eh?

“Oh, sorry!” Clark mumbled sounding contrite. Inwardly Clark liked ‘messing’ with this particular reporter, and seeing him with a coffee stain down his shirt was just a little rewarding.
Awww…he’s mobbing Ralph!
SUZIE: [Linked Image] Naughty naughty, Mr. Kent.
/some months later, after the Christmas party/
SUZIE: Say, Clarkie? Would you mind mobbing Ralph down the stairs for me?
lol

“If you still want to celebrate my special day with me then why don’t you come too.”
Because matchmaking by one lead for the other lead in a RomCom always works out so well…
Of course it does. And glad you noticed the RomCom genre to the story.

He held out his hand and she took it. “Yes, once or twice. Hi.”
When she giggled at him like a school girl?
Well, who wouldn't giggle like a school girl if Clark Kent shook their hand and smiled at them. I know I would ... and then I'd be on the floor in a puddle of goo.

“I know you said no present was necessary last year … but ...”
I’m assuming Lois would rip his head off, if he didn’t gift her.
Well ... maybe

“Bother!” she mumbled. Looking at Clark and Suzie apologetically she pulled out her phone and glanced at it. “I have to take this, sorry.”
What a coincidink.
Naaaa

Clark turned to look at the shy girl left next to him.
Umm…so…hi, there?

wave Michael
Awkward? Or not? smile

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Still after that story. *sigh*
[Linked Image]

When he went to LA Nick met Mel and told him about my house mate!!!! Mel Gibson actually got to know that she exists!
laugh Talk about 6 degrees, huh?

LOL. Remember, she wants to find Clark someone a date at the moment.
So, you’re suggesting that what Lois wants and how Lois will act will in sync?

Tee Hee. You didn't think Clark could do anything like this eh?
[Linked Image]

Of course it does. And glad you noticed the RomCom genre to the story.
blush

Well, who wouldn't giggle like a school girl if Clark Kent shook their hand and smiled at them. I know I would ... and then I'd be on the floor in a puddle of goo.
clap There There

Awkward? Or not?
I’m going with awkward laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard