K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
So, what did you think? You can part 6 here. smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
"Clark, open up! It's Jimmy," came a muffled voice through the door.
Of course. It's his superpower.

It makes sense that fear of Lois getting hurt would overwhelm Clark's fear of getting hurt himself.

Nicely done story! I'm looking forward to seeing the epilogue.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great ending! And an epilogue! Yay! hyper

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

There was caring, compassion, and a strongly instilled sense of... it wasnā€™t hero-worship.
laugh Soā€¦lust? Want? Need?

It was more like... she found Superman--him--as something to believe in, to build a few hopes around.
That heā€™s ā€˜superā€™?

Sheā€™d gone to make them some tea, and he could hear her shuffling around his kitchen, albeit much calmer than when sheā€™d been in her kitchen.
Duh! She *can* make tea. Wellā€¦heat water until it boils and then put teabags in there.
LOIS: Ummā€¦should I have removed them from their paper-wrapping first?

It was no wonder he loved Lois; she was passionate and smart and slightly high-strung all rolled into one, a fascinating mixture of perfect with a little crazy thrown in.
laugh

I donā€™t do calm well. It makes me edgy."
rotflol

He was going to kiss her, and heā€™d make damn sure he wouldnā€™t forget this one.
Soā€¦he going to tie a knot in his tongue?

Her heartbeat was thrumming in his ears. She inhaled softly, and he went for it, closing the distance between them until their lips met, softly at first, then more insistently.
hyper

A sharp rapping at the door startled them both apart.
Jimmy!

clap

Clark followed her up the stairs onto the landing, still unsettled by both the kiss and the sudden interruption. Who was Jimmy?
laugh A soon to be dead guy?

if he was Superman, he wasn't missing any longer. He was about to open his mouth to say so when he felt a sharp tug on his arm.
Clark!

"Why didn't you tell him, Lois?" It didn't seem right send Jimmy off to research when they both knew exactly where Superman was.
[Linked Image]

"At least, I'm pretty sure no one does. I mean, if you hadn't told me, you certainly wouldn't have told Jimmy.
Actually, while reading As the Cape Flaps, it was established that Clark normally only tells people he doesnā€™t want to sleep with, so thereā€™s a good chance that Jimmy already knows.

What was he afraid of? He pushed harder for a memory. A flash of darkness, pricked by streaks of light, hit him. He was falling. Choking. Burning. Crashing... No!
So, heā€™s worried that the tiny space rock is going to give him a booboo?
CLARK: In my defense, I do have a past record with tiny rocks from space hurting me.

Losing Lois was not OK.
Duh! clap

She tried to fight away the fear in her chest. She didn't have time to be afraid; they needed to get Clark his memory back. She needed Superman.
Donā€™t cha worry. Heā€™s found his inner caveman again wink

She stopped mid-pace and turned to look at him. That voice... it was deeper, confident, and it was Superman's.
See, all she had to do was be a scared little woman for him to get his groove back.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

The End
Ooooh! Very nice ending clap

Looking forward to the epilogue smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (Itā€™s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I read and caught up with story last night. What a fun idea and reveal! clap

I loved his reaction to the suit, and how Lois didn't assume CK=SM from finding his secret closet. It's interesting how you had him recognize himself with glasses when no one else did. It was so funny his thoughts about why Lois had brought him this suit and not the business suit from the picture.

He was going to kiss her, and heā€™d make damn sure he wouldnā€™t forget this one.
So, he knows he kissed her already?

A sharp rapping at the door startled them both apart. Lois, wide-eyed and breathing heavily, just stared for a half a second. Another knock, but neither of them moved.

Lois sat back and gave him a worried look before she stood and moved toward the front door. "Something must be wrong."

Clark followed her up the stairs onto the landing, still unsettled by both the kiss and the sudden interruption. Who was Jimmy?

She opened the door quickly, out of breath, and he wondered fleetingly if it was from her rushed trip to the door or his kiss. Before he could ponder that further, a young man came through the door hurriedly and turned to face them on the landing.
Am I the only one who wondered what Jimmy would think at seeing a glasses-less Clark?

Well, he could solve one problem for the young man--if he was Superman, he wasn't missing any longer. He was about to open his mouth to say so when he felt a sharp tug on his arm.

Lois spoke before he could. "We'll find him, Jimmy. He's got to be out there somewhere. Why don't you head back to the Planet and see if you can pull up any sightings of anything having fallen from the sky last night. Clark and I will hit the streets and look for Superman."
Sooooo, Jimmy doesn't notice who Clark looks like without his glasses? I guess he does have something else on his mind. Wouldn't it be funny, if he said "Hi, Superman" to Clark without a second thought before rattling on to Lois about how they needed to find Superman to save the world. evil wink

Why was the Clark part of him filtering back, but he couldn't remember anything about Superman?
Except for the kisses Superman shared with Lois.

She leaned into him and he pulled her into an embrace, stroking her hair as her head came to rest against his chest.

"I don't want to die," she whispered into him. He could feel her body start to tremble, barely perceptible, as if she were trying to hold back her emotions.

And then something inside of him clicked into place. His mind was flooded with images. Red and blue. The cape. Him in the suit. Saving her. Again. And again. He felt a sharp pull in his chest, his heart racing. Losing Lois was not OK. His chest tightened. The anxiety was there again in his gut. But this time it was different. This timeā€¦

He remembered how he felt in all those moments, saving Lois, almost not making it. The fear was almost paralyzing. Losing Lois was. Not. OK.

He couldnā€™t lose her now.
Awwwww. clap

"No, Lois. I mean we don't need to call them."

She stopped mid-pace and turned to look at him. That voice... it was deeper, confident, and it was Superman's.

The End
THE END??? No, no, no! We need more! This is such a fun story. Many thanks to Darth Michael for giving you the nudge you needed to finish it.

Super Shook Up 6/6 (and there'll be an epilogue, too)
dance party dance

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great ending. But an epilogue would be good too.
Back from the heat wave that was Las Vegas this week.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
DebbieG and Andreia, so glad you enjoyed! smile

Michael, loved the play by play, as always! smile1

Artemis (you should have stopped by for a visit while you were in Vegas! ;)), thanks for reading! smile

Am I the only one who wondered what Jimmy would think at seeing a glasses-less Clark?

Virginia! You get bonus points for catching a continuity error!! sloppy Clearly, I"ll have to tweak things a little before submitting to the archive. wink

So, he knows he kissed her already?

Yep! He had some flashes of memories. sloppy

Thank you all for the feedback! love

Epilogue posted shortly!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard