Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
More comments please. And, surprise, surprise, Clark has finally stopped fighting his heart. *grin*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
These two need to spend the evening getting real about their lives. Clark my lad, Eight years is a long time to pine for someone.

Why is Lois trying to avoid The Pact?

Please post as soon as you can!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So, Clark caved first. Of course, he could change his mind again. And again.

I'm curious to see where you take this!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just had a chance to read this part. I'm enjoying the story already, but I am anticipating it getting even better than it already is. I'm looking forward to seeing what plans Clark comes up with, how the computer-matched date with Lois goes (because that *has* to happen, right?), and how our favourite pair finally do get together.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
These two need to spend the evening getting real about their lives. Clark my lad, Eight years is a long time to pine for someone.

Why is Lois trying to avoid The Pact?

Please post as soon as you can!

They will spend 'an evening' together in the next chapter *nods* ... or is that 'a minute'? *questions herself* And even though eight years has passed Clark was not 'pining' all that time. Or, at least, he didn't realise he was pining!

Why is Lois avoiding The Pact? She's afraid of Clark - in a romantic sense. Afraid of 'forever' with a guy that only thinks of her as a friend. Why do you think that might be?

Originally Posted by DebbieG
So, Clark caved first. Of course, he could change his mind again. And again.

I'm curious to see where you take this!

LOL. Yes. Lois wanted the Pact at 26 and Clark didn't. Now Clark has finally realised that he does want it but Lois is running away.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I just had a chance to read this part. I'm enjoying the story already, but I am anticipating it getting even better than it already is. I'm looking forward to seeing what plans Clark comes up with, how the computer-matched date with Lois goes (because that *has* to happen, right?), and how our favourite pair finally do get together.

Joy,
Lynn

Yes, it gets even better, but I'm biased. smile You want to see Lois's date ... with Brian? Hmm, maybe you will.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Ummm... No. I should have been clearer. I actually meant the computer-matched date with *Clark*. I know the computer hasn't paired them up yet, but it has to do so eventually, right?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Ummm... No. I should have been clearer. I actually meant the computer-matched date with *Clark*. I know the computer hasn't paired them up yet, but it has to do so eventually, right?

Joy,
Lynn

*laughs evilly* I know. I think everyone expects them to get matched up.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
Top Banana
My only problem with this whole premise is that Clark (in the series and other fan fiction) thinks Lois is going to blow a gasket because he lied to her for only a year or two before revealing that he was Superman. It will now be over 10 years of lying about that little piece of information that Lois of course could care less about... dizzy

Who needs Nightfall? The Lois explosion alone could end life as we know it all by itself. rotflol

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 07/07/14 05:25 PM. Reason: forgot a word...

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mike M
My only problem with this whole premise is that Clark (in the series and other fan fiction) thinks Lois is going to blow a gasket because he lied to her for only a year or two before revealing that he was Superman. It will now be over 10 years of lying about that little piece of information that Lois of course could care less about... dizzy

Who needs Nightfall? The Lois explosion alone could end life as we know it all by itself. rotflol

Mike

It won't be quite ten years. Just over eight actually.

But...

In LnC there was a romantic tension which had been building that whole two years. Clark allowed himself into a romantic relationship with Lois ... as both himself and as Superman. The Superman/Lois relationship was especially close in comparison to many other versions. Lois could even be said to be pretty confident that Superman would eventually cave into his feelings for her.

I think this is the reason that Lois felt so betrayed in LnC. Clark dated her as Clark, and as Superman.

In this story, even though it's been eight years, there has been no romance - just close friendship, and Clark has NOT got particularly close to Lois as Superman. Yes they know each other, yes she went through a 'Superman crush' when he first appeared, but Lois will not feel that Clark has been misrepresenting himself, or 'playing with her heart' when it finally comes out.

Hope that helps.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Originally Posted by Mike M

Mike

It won't be quite ten years. Just over eight actually.

But...

In LnC there was a romantic tension which had been building that whole two years. Clark allowed himself into a romantic relationship with Lois ... as both himself and as Superman. The Superman/Lois relationship was especially close in comparison to many other versions. Lois could even be said to be pretty confident that Superman would eventually cave into his feelings for her.

I think this is the reason that Lois felt so betrayed in LnC. Clark dated her as Clark, and as Superman.

In this story, even though it's been eight years, there has been no romance - just close friendship, and Clark has NOT got particularly close to Lois as Superman. Yes they know each other, yes she went through a 'Superman crush' when he first appeared, but Lois will not feel that Clark has been misrepresenting himself, or 'playing with her heart' when it finally comes out.

Hope that helps.

KK,

I did not catch that in the Prologue part (I guess I needed to read the background...).

I had written an analysis of the plot from the perspective of their relationship because they do have one but deleted it as it is really irrelevant because it is your plot afterall. However I still believe she would be majorly angry at the subterfuge by Clark. On the other hand if Clark can last eight years of hanging around Lois and not allowing himself to get emotionally involved then Lois could just as easily let the secret keeping issue go also...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am really loving Clark's change of heart--him coming to terms with his feeling for Lois (finally), and knowing he doesn't want to be alone for the rest of his life. I can see how if this Clark--who has kept his distance because he's believed that as Superman he can't be in a relationship--would take a long time to really let himself be true to his feelings. 8 years of friendship is definitely a lot to base a wonderful relationship on....that is, once they are totally honest with each other about their feelings, their fears (and some super-abilities wink ).

Really curious to find out what sort of plan Clark is cooking up! Hmmm...

And curious if 'Brian' will make an appearance. Doesn't seem like a good match for Lois--I'm sorta thinking more about someone tall, dark, and handsome...glasses...wears the occasional pair of blue spandex tights. smile

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/08/14 12:45 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Such love. A lifetime love? Wouldn’t that be nice
CLARK: So, how did you two end up together?
WOMAN: He asked.

As he flew back to the office he tried to mentally prepare himself for Lois. It took less than a second. Years of practice had honed his 'sarcasm defence' superpower. What he still wasn’t prepared for, and hadn’t developed a superpower defence against, was his heart.
Awwww

His gaze was drawn down to her skirt and legs. He felt a familiar prickling behind his eyes.

Control, Kent. Keep your control.
laugh Clark! Doesn’t want to be such a very patient man any longer, does he?

That’s when he knew. He could deny it no longer.

I need her.
hyper

Papers were now strewn all over the table and Lois had decided to leave Clark to sort them into some kind of order. That was the kind of thing he was good at.
That and the previous ‘neat’ reference in Part 1, well…the tidy apartment could be hers, too…for just a tiny ‘yes’ and ‘I do’.

Eight years ago she had been head over heels for the man in blue. Now, there was overwhelming respect and friendship.
mecry her ardor has cooled mecry

a smile came to her face, unbidden, when she saw that Clark had returned. He looked stunned for some reason that she couldn't comprehend
laugh

“Old news,” Lois looked up in shock. “How can you say that? He’s the city’s saviour. He’s the world’s hero.”

“Hmmm,” was the only reply she got. He dropped into the chair but misjudged and it skittered out behind him.
So…Pavlovian response. Someone praises Superman in his Clark presence and Clark makes an oops?

Features: Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Yes! He has a thing for blondes.
laugh

Interests: Opera and fine dining

Lois frowned. Not what I expected.

Name: Brian
So…she didn’t specify exactly what kind of partner she was looking for Clark?

So how do I win the delectable Miss Lane? Convince her to stick to The Pact. I’ll need a plan. And it has to be ready to go into effect by tomorrow night.
hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
I am really loving Clark's change of heart--him coming to terms with his feeling for Lois (finally), and knowing he doesn't want to be alone for the rest of his life. I can see how if this Clark--who has kept his distance because he's believed that as Superman he can't be in a relationship--would take a long time to really let himself be true to his feelings. 8 years of friendship is definitely a lot to base a wonderful relationship on....that is, once they are totally honest with each other about their feelings, their fears (and some super-abilities wink ).

Eight years is a very long time to let this friendship (and love) grow. But imagine the strong roots when it's fully grown. smile

Really curious to find out what sort of plan Clark is cooking up! Hmmm...

LOL. Well, he did decide he needed a plan ... but as I've posted the next few chapters already you'll probably see that he never got round to initiating one before things got out of hand for him. lol

And curious if 'Brian' will make an appearance. Doesn't seem like a good match for Lois--I'm sorta thinking more about someone tall, dark, and handsome...glasses...wears the occasional pair of blue spandex tights. smile

Laura

You will see Brian! You will. Whether you think he's a good match for Lois ... who knows wink

KatherineKent/Victoria
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Such love. A lifetime love? Wouldn’t that be nice
CLARK: So, how did you two end up together?
WOMAN: He asked.

CLARK: DOH! Didn't think about that!

That’s when he knew. He could deny it no longer.

I need her.
hyper

*grin*

Papers were now strewn all over the table and Lois had decided to leave Clark to sort them into some kind of order. That was the kind of thing he was good at.
That and the previous ‘neat’ reference in Part 1, well…the tidy apartment could be hers, too…for just a tiny ‘yes’ and ‘I do’.

LOL. Yup. All this tidiness could be yours forever. Just go through with The Pact.

Eight years ago she had been head over heels for the man in blue. Now, there was overwhelming respect and friendship.
mecry her ardor has cooled mecry

Hmm, in some ways. But doesn't she prefer the 'correct' side of Clark now?

“Old news,” Lois looked up in shock. “How can you say that? He’s the city’s saviour. He’s the world’s hero.”

“Hmmm,” was the only reply she got. He dropped into the chair but misjudged and it skittered out behind him.
So…Pavlovian response. Someone praises Superman in his Clark presence and Clark makes an oops?

Tee Hee. Just a little dis-associative technique. And, yes, I'll take some Pavlova, thanks.

Features: Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Yes! He has a thing for blondes.
laugh

LOIS: Well, he does, doesn't he? There was Lana, and Mayson, and Toni and so many more.

Interests: Opera and fine dining

Lois frowned. Not what I expected.

Name: Brian
So…she didn’t specify exactly what kind of partner she was looking for Clark?

rotflol She may not have got his profile correct, but she's not that bad.

So how do I win the delectable Miss Lane? Convince her to stick to The Pact. I’ll need a plan. And it has to be ready to go into effect by tomorrow night.
hyper

wave Michael

Thanks. smile

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

CLARK: DOH! Didn't think about that!
LOIS: And they call *me* galactically stupid.

Hmm, in some ways. But doesn't she prefer the 'correct' side of Clark now?
CLARK: I guess… grumble

She may not have got his profile correct, but she's not that bad.
Well…it’s *Lois*!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard