Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
If you need to catch up on prior chapters, LabRat and MikeM are maintaining a helpful TOC for the story. Chapter 21 will be posted Sunday morning.

I really appreciate all the comments! What do you think of this chapter?

Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this part also, this story is rapidly becoming one of my favorites.

Also nice to see our leaders being portrayed as reasonable and logical thinking individuals. Actually it might be more like this in RL as I often think most of the dumb ideas that get put out there come from their advisers and this President's advisers seem to be right in line with this thought.

Loved the last line...

The President nodded. “We can talk it over, sure. But if she wanted to attack me, do you think she’d have any trouble finding me?” The agent looked uncomfortable. “I want to understand what makes her tick. I want her to know she can trust us. And the best way to do that is face to face.” He smiled faintly. “Besides, I don’t want my kids to think I’m afraid of an eleven year old. It might give them ideas.”

Excellent analogy
Emily thought for a moment, then sighed. “Yes, I think so. Let’s just rip the band-aid off.” She looked to the detective. “We’ll go now.”

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Great part.

Clearly this must be President Josiah Bartlet, I can't think of any other president in the last few decades who would show that much sense.

And there’s never been a version of Supergirl who is the child of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, outside of fanfiction.”
You forgot Power Girl who is a version of Supergirl.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Debbie,

Wonderful story! Love the setting. (Inside joke)

I think that the President showed great wisdom when he decided not to risk the wrath of Superman.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Great chapter. Great reaction by the president to not wanting to get superman mad. Can't wait until next chapter. This is rapidly becoming one if my favorites (which is high praise given the amazing quality of the stories on this board).

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I think that the President showed great wisdom when he decided not to risk the wrath of Superman.

----------

And, unknowingly to the president, he's not going to accidentally piss off Lois either, which is a good thing.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I would also like to state for the record, I really love the titles that you use.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the comments, everyone! I really appreciate the kind words and feedback.

Also nice to see our leaders being portrayed as reasonable and logical thinking individuals. Actually it might be more like this in RL as I often think most of the dumb ideas that get put out there come from their advisers and this President's advisers seem to be right in line with this thought.
Clearly this must be President Josiah Bartlet, I can't think of any other president in the last few decades who would show that much sense.
Politicians are human, with all the positives and negatives that implies. Sometimes they're rational and reasonable, and sometimes they're not. I hope the President comes across as a real character, with both strong points and flaws. We will be seeing quite a bit more of him.

You forgot Power Girl who is a version of Supergirl.
Good catch! I didn't forget her — I didn't know! She debuted after I stopped reading comics, and the way she's drawn put me off learning more about her beyond her being an alternate reality Supergirl. You're right that L&C of her original reality consider her their daughter. I was thinking more of minor children, as Power Girl was 18 when she arrived on Earth.

Still, I want the analyst to be thorough, so I may put something in about Power Girl. It might make the President's reaction even funnier.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"And there’s never been a version of Supergirl who is the child of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, outside of fanfiction.”

Guffaw! You're really getting into some meta-reality here. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard