Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LnC fans who want to give Smallville a go should at least skim seasons 4-6 (I have a list all prepared, if anyone wants it of which episodes to watch. Just PM me!)
I took you up on your offer. laugh I saw some bits of Apocalypse on YouTube and it seemed worthy watching. There must be some good things that I'm missing. I started in season 8 and totally skipped over the Lana-arc-from-hell. razz razz mad

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
posted December 06, 2013 01:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LMA:
(And the offer to PM you is really nice, too, if questions ).

What you said about how the length of time of the series really benefits the character development sounds so true. You really got to spend a lot of time with these characters--getting to know them and their personalities--and I can appreciate the value in that...(and it's nice knowing that whatever is going on, L&C are ending up together ).

After the holidays, I have a feeling I know what I'll be up to

Check your inbox! I got ambitious!

Yep. We all know how it all turns out... but I think there's a quote -- maybe Lord of the Rings? -- about the journey and not the destination.

I envy you your first watching of the eps! The really good ones especially! Have fun and Happy Holidays!
Thank you SO MUCH for the list! smile ...What a nice surprise! Totally great point about the 'jouney--not the destination' being what is important...so true with so many aspects of life, also. Have been totally on Christmas-mode trying to get ready for the holidays, but once things settle down, I'll really have to start watching...

Thanks dance
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hope you all had a lovely holiday! I forgot that I had more than one fic posted on these boards related to Smallville. I'm posting links and when you should read them in terms of continuity of the show. I will say that all my fic is pretty late (Seasons 8-10). But here is a list, for handy reference:

Starts around the episode 'Stiletto' towards the end of Season 8, prequel to 'Blurring the Lines':

Light in the Shadows

Picks up at the beginning of Season 9:
Blurring the Lines

Starts after the end of Season 9:
Return to Smallville

Season 10, a rewrite of Dominion:

A Hero\'s Wife

I have one more fic that takes place in Season 9, that I've started posting, called ' Kiss and Run '(Takes place Season 9, after Crossfire).

And seriously, I'm looking forward to hear how you all like Smallville! wave

Last edited by mozartmaid; 05/20/14 11:21 AM.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I found a good Smallville fanfic and as it's so hard to find good ones I 'm recommending this one, if anybody wants to read it:

A Window to the Future by Jadarite_18

Clark rescues a woman that tells him to "save Clark" before passing out. But when she wakes up she's amnesiac and she looks a lot like Lois.

It's a long fic (33 parts). Kryptonsite system is messy (story mixed with FDK) but the story is worthy the work. It's very well written. thumbsup

Andreia

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
I found a good Smallville fanfic and as it's so hard to find good ones I 'm recommending this one, if anybody wants to read it:

Clark rescues a woman that tells him to "save Clark" before passing out. But when she wakes up she's amnesiac and she looks a lot like Lois.

It's a long fic (33 parts). Kryptonsite system is messy (story mixed with FDK) but the story is worthy the work. It's very well written. thumbsup

Andreia
Oooh! Well-written Smallville fic!! dance I'm excited to read it!! Thanks for the rec! hyper

Edit: I'm gonna slog through and read it, but honestly there are TONS of grammatical errors in just the first few chapters. *sigh* But I trust that it's a good story, so I will stick with it. wink

Last edited by mozartmaid; 05/20/14 11:30 AM.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by mozartmaid
there are TONS of grammatical errors in just the first few chapters. *sigh* But I trust that it's a good story, so I will stick with it. wink
Yes... The story is good, the grammar not so much. frown I think the high standard we have here isn't found anywhere else. sad But as it's so hard to find Smallville fics I overlooked the errors to read the story. [Linked Image]

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by mozartmaid

Andreia
Oooh! Well-written Smallville fic!! dance I'm excited to read it!! Thanks for the rec! hyper

Edit: I'm gonna slog through and read it, but honestly there are TONS of grammatical errors in just the first few chapters. *sigh* But I trust that it's a good story, so I will stick with it. wink

I have read some of Jadarite's stories and they are good. I can't say I remembered any problems with the grammar but it's a few years since. I don't remember any specifics, only that they were always good.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just discovered a good Smallville fic (crosses a bit into other canon)! Well-edited and clever. smile

Miss Congeniality

Last edited by mozartmaid; 05/25/14 04:53 AM.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Another recommendation:

Remind Me to Forget You

It's an AU story where Lois is Oliver's sister. She and Clark have a relationship that ends badly and leaves Lois with a broken heart. Years later they meet again as partners at the Daily Planet and Clark wants a second chance. Although there is a thing that I found out of character for Clark (spoiler bellow), it was a good story and had a surprising epilogue (there were two different epilogues, but I just liked the first one).

Clark intended to marry Lois without telling her about his origins. While this was important for the plot, I think it was out of character for him, even if he didn't want to accept his Kryptonian heritage.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
One more:

A Second Chance at Destiny by Jade4813
Lois sees a possible future, but can she really let Clark go, even if it's to prevent the end of the world? And would Clark let her? One thing's for sure: Sometimes it takes a second chance to get it right.

WARNING: This is nfic.

Andreia

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
While we don't have new fics here I had to satisfy my addiction somewhere else. grin And I found a blog with several good fics: http://ascertainlife.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Ultra Woman; 06/26/14 12:48 PM.

Top Banana
Top Banana
While we don't have new fics here I had to satisfy my addiction somewhere else. grin And I found a blog with several good fics: http://ascertainlife.wordpress.com/

You know, I've been meaning to recommend MZ-supermanfan in this thread, just never remembered whenever I logged in.

Declared Alive/Declared Intent
Looking Across/Living Across

Love these. And some of the n-fic too.

Was thinking of starting to post my longest fic soon too ... Band of Blue ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard