Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
It's time to nominate what stories you'd like to read for our fanfic club in June. If you have a fanfic in mind that you'd like to nominate, please post the title of the story, the name of the author, and a link to it on the Archive.

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Short Story
The Final Coundown by Bellarata
During the events of "All Shook Up," Lois arrives at Clark's apartment a few minutes earlier than in the episode and gets an eyeful. This was written as a Holiday Ficathon assignment, and the requirements are posted at the end. Written for ChiefPam

Long story
The Man Under The Suit by Happy Girl
Clark Kent is a master of disguise, with more aliases than you can shake a stick at, so you can imagine his surprise when one insightful reporter sees right through his most flashy disguise of all.

Last edited by KateB; 04/30/14 08:39 PM.

KateB
Top Banana
Top Banana
Epiphany - LabRat
Having discovered new depths to her partner at the Corn Festival, Lois begins to wonder just what she might be missing in this reworking of the episode "Green, Green Glow of Home." How might events have progressed if she'd been a little more in touch with her feelings...and desires?

Last edited by Mike M; 05/01/14 05:14 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Honeymoon in... Vegas 199Kb by Sue S.
An impromptu trip to Las Vegas for a story takes an unexpected turn.

That Charming Smallville Hospitality 178Kb by Laura S
When 17-year-old Lois Lane finds herself stranded, alone in Nowheresville, commonly referred to as Smallville, Kansas, she is taken in by a kindly farmer, his wife and their lonely, 18-year-old son. And she absolutely can't wait to get back to the city... right?

Between Floors 7 and 8 41Kb by Jessi Mounts
Do you believe in love at first sight? Lois and Clark meet for the first time in an elevator, stranded between floors. This charming story explores their budding mutual feelings during their confinement together.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Hi Folcs,

I'll be gone for a few weeks, so I won't be able to prepare any epub or kindle files for our Club. So far all the nominated stories are already on the Archive Wiki page.

I'll be back at the beginning of June so if a story needs conversion, I'll do it then.

KateB
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KateB
Hi Folcs,

I'll be gone for a few weeks, so I won't be able to prepare any epub or kindle files for our Club. So far all the nominated stories are already on the Archive Wiki page.

I'll be back at the beginning of June so if a story needs conversion, I'll do it then.

Kate,

Many of the stories offered are already in the epub/mobi format in the novels package. Any others I could make a .mobi version of if we decide to go with them. I have not participated before so I do not know the ropes of how this works so if someone would let me know I can hopefully help.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, I spoke too soon. Only Man Under the Suit is already converted. I could have sworn HoneyMoon in Las Vegas was but I cannot find it. However my offer still stands that I can convert whatever we decide to read into .mobi. I will anyway as that is how I prefer to read them...

Don't expect highly professional results though as I just convert them to Word format and then .mobi format using Calibre. Still working out all that Chapter stuff.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Mike! Your help in this area will be greatly appreciated by by one and all!

Last edited by Morgana; 05/11/14 08:51 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Hi Mike,

Go to the Archive Wiki page by Author and check for the stories. All of them are already converted. I did Bellarata's Jessie Mount's and Laura S' stories myself a few months ago. Just let me recheck if both formats are there and no broken links. smile

I Just checked both epub and mobi versions of the stories. ALL of them are available on Archive Wiki (except The Man Under The Suit in mobi format) . If you scroll down on the main Archive page (blue vertical menu to your left): go for Check out - under Kerth Awards you have Fanfic Ebooks. Click on that link and it will take you to the main Wiki page, where you can navigate to both epub and mobi formats both by an author and by a title.

To find The Man Under the Suit in mobi format, you would have to go to stories submitted in October 2011, but I put a link on the by Author Kindle page on Wiki. All the stories submitted since 2011 were converted into epub and mobi format while submitted. These are not on the Archive Wiki pages, you have to access them by going to What's new and then to stories submitted by month.

I've added HappyGirl's stories links to Kindle by Author on the Archive Wiki page to make it easier for you guys. grin I'll work on her stories' broken links later today.

Last edited by KateB; 05/11/14 10:38 AM.

KateB
Top Banana
Top Banana
No problem Kate and thanks for the info as it is always easier to not have to do the work myself smile

I will look for the ones I want to read for as I said I find them MUCH easier to read on the Kindle than the web page.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
You are welcome, Mike. smile It's a bit confusing to have to look for stories in 3 different places, but if we added new stories links to L&C Fanfic Archive Wiki, it would be twice as big as it's now. grin

KateB
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the nominations, everyone. The poll has been posted.

June Poll

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Our two stories for the month have been selected. They are Between Floors 7 and 8 by Jessi Mounts and That Charming Smallville Hospitality by Laura S.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lois_Lane_Fan
Our two stories for the month have been selected. They are Between Floors 7 and 8 by Jessi Mounts and That Charming Smallville Hospitality by Laura S.
I'm having a brain lapse, LLF. Can you remind me again when discussion will open up on these stories? The 15th?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I'm having a brain lapse, LLF. Can you remind me again when discussion will open up on these stories? The 15th?

Yes, discussion opens up on the 15th.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, discussion opens up on the 15th.
Thank you. blush

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Between Floors 7 and 8" is one of my favorites!

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Thank you. blush

You're welcome. cool

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
The threads for discussing this month's stories have been posted. Feel free to begin discussing the stories whenever you are ready.

Between Floors 7 and 8 by Jessi Mounts

That Charming Smallville Hospitality by Laura S

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard