OP Offline
Top Banana
So I think this will be the next to last round of voting. *fingers crossed*

Winning choices last time:

Laptop and Cup
Remove the second sentence

Decisions I have made without a poll
If you disagree please say so.

- Website address and fundraiser have been put onto the sticky note next to the mouse pad.
- The phrase has been put ON the laptop screen. No options have been created with the phrase outside the screen. It seemed the most logical place.
- The 'L', 'C' and '&' keys have been labelled.
- The tag has been added to the cup. (But it's not easy to read whatever it says on the tag.)
- The word fanfic has been kept lowercase.
- The full stop has been removed

Close up example
[Linked Image]

Polls:

I have done four versions and then prepared them for each of the favourite 3 font choices. Some of the fonts work better with different placements.

Question 1

Please vote for your three favourites. If you right click and 'view image' then you'll see a bigger version.

Font A
[Linked Image]

Font B
[Linked Image]

Font C
[Linked Image]

Question 2

Which flavour of tea should be on the tea tag?

1. Oolong
2. Lapsang Souchong
3. Earl Grey
4. None
5. Other

I was sure I had another question I needed to ask earlier but now it's gone!!!!!

Anyway. Please, please can everyone vote. We've only had 14 votes and I know more people than that visit the site. I wonder if people don't scroll down and look in this section because they don't think they will be interested. I know I use the 'active topics' choice and that way I see everything that's been posted.

Choose your favourite three.
multiple choice, up to 3 choices
Font A: No 1 (9%, 2 Votes)
Font A: No 2 (17%, 4 Votes)
Font A: No 3 (4%, 1 Votes)
Font A: No 4 (9%, 2 Votes)
Font B: No 1 (9%, 2 Votes)
Font B: No 2 (17%, 4 Votes)
Font B: No 3 (0%, 0 Votes)
Font B: No 4 (0%, 0 Votes)
Font C: No 1 (17%, 4 Votes)
Font C: No 2 (13%, 3 Votes)
Font C: No 3 (0%, 0 Votes)
Font C: No 4 (4%, 1 Votes)
Total Votes: 23
Voting on this poll ends: 06/15/14 01:00 PM
What name should be on the tea tag?
single choice
Oolong (75%, 6 Votes)
Lapsang Souchong (13%, 1 Votes)
Earl Grey (0%, 0 Votes)
None (13%, 1 Votes)
Other: Make suggestions. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Votes: 8
Voting on this poll ends: 06/15/14 01:00 PM

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
YAY for removing the second sentence. Thank you. smile1

Might I make a suggestion? Ditch the sticky notes mention of the year of the fundraiser. Its presence will limit the lifespan of the shirt. Considering that some people might only wear it on occasion, their shirt might still be in good shape three or four (or more) years from now, but the presence of 2014 might make them think twice about wearing it.

I like all of your other choices.

Thanks for doing all of the work on this, too.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
SO Awesome, KK!!!! party

I am really loving this shirt. Thanks so much for all of your work on this--it is turning out GREAT!

I agree with Lynn's suggestion--while I like the date for the fundraiser, down the road, when wearing the shirt, it will 'date' it a bit.

Can't wait to be able to get one of these smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love it! notworthy

I like the idea about adding the sticky note.

About the year, it doesn't bother me, but I'm pretty dated anyway. wink Since it bothers others, you could add the number 2-0-1-4 to the number pad or keypad just as you had for the L&C.

Great job, KK & Hubby. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Did your 4th question have to do with color of the shirt perhaps? I love blue and would much prefer that to any other color.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Virginia said:

About the year, it doesn't bother me, but I'm pretty dated anyway. Since it bothers others, you could add the number 2-0-1-4 to the number pad or keypad just as you had for the L&C.

Ah. Good idea! I had also forgotten to mention how much I loved the 'L', 'C', and '&' keys noted, btw wink. Could be a creative way to date the shirt--without stating it specifically....

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/08/14 06:26 PM.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like the placement and fonts on all the #2 options. And I vote for Oolong, since I'm an Oolong addict. smile

Count me in as "not a fan" of putting the year on the fundraiser sticky note. I wouldn't mind having the keys numbered though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I really like the date-on-the-keyboards solution. Not only is it subtle, it is also open to dual interpretations. In the computer field, one starts counting with zero, and anyone in that field would instantly notice that 1,2 and 4 are the first three powers of two. Of course, they would probably then go on to wonder why the 8 key isn't also labelled, but that could be the start of a conversation.

Yes, I could definitely see this shirt as being a conversation magnet for people with similar interests and outlooks.

I am definitely looking forward to buying one. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Voting ends this Sunday and there's only been 7 people vote.

PLEASE vote.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Darn! Sorry I missed the voting! Been busy at work as of late and haven't checked the boards. frown

Font A, 2
Font B, 2
Font C, 1

I'd also have voted for Oolong. I like the suggestion of keeping the year on, but having the keys highlighted.

Thanks again for all your and your hubby's hard work on this! clap

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So. Joint win for ...

Font A - No 2
Font B - No 2
Font C - No 1

To avoid another round of voting I've looked at the overall votes for a Font giving ...

Font A: 10 votes
Font B: 4 votes
Font C: 8 votes

Making the winner ...

Font A - No 2

The winning tea was: Oolong.

I'm adding the 2014 to the number pad, removing from the sticky note and putting Oolong on the tea tag as clearly as possible.

Next, and final poll, will be t-shirt colour!!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wahoo! Sounds great!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Sounds wonderful I was the lone voice for Lapsang Souchong, since it is more distinctive, but oolong works for me, too.

Would we need to choose a single colour for the shirt? Would it cost any extra or otherwise be detrimental to offer the design in a variety of colours?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Sounds wonderful I was the lone voice for Lapsang Souchong, since it is more distinctive, but oolong works for me, too.

Would we need to choose a single colour for the shirt? Would it cost any extra or otherwise be detrimental to offer the design in a variety of colours?

Joy,
Lynn

I've done some testing on the teespring website and it doesn't make it perfectly clear but I'll try to explain what I can understand.

With the chosen winning design, a basic t-shirt, and a colour (not white) - a minimum 50 t-shirt order will cost $7.05 per t-shirt to print. Adding colour to the design would up the cost to print to $10.30.

Once you've uploaded and chosen your t-shirt type and colour this cost per t-shirt is set, and as long as the minimum sales are met the print will go ahead. You can add up to 9 (I think) other 'printable' choices and these can be the same t-shirt in a different colour, or a different style of t-shirt (tank top, hoodie etc). They are chosen and set at the time we start the fundraiser going. What I don't know is if we need any minimum orders on these extras, or if they are just a bonus and the original 50 is the only minimum there is.

What I'm going to do for the next poll is cover colour and t-shirt style. It will then be up to whoever sets the fundraiser going to add maybe the 2nd, 3rd, 4th choices on? *shrug*

I've run out of time to sort this out tonight. I'll try to get the next poll up tomorrow evening.

KatherineKent/Victoria
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Ah, so the 50 shirts have to be all the same color.

Thanks for the explanation and for coordinating all of this.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Ah, so the 50 shirts have to be all the same color.

Thanks for the explanation and for coordinating all of this.

Joy,
Lynn

Well, I'm still not sure on that. It's possible that, as long as we get to 50 orders, even if some are the alternate choices, the order will go ahead. I can't find any FAQ to explain!!! I'm pretty sure that adding the extra choices will not up the minimum order though. That's chosen before you start adding your extras.

I know I've said minimum 50, but it can go as low as 10 (more expensive cost price/less profit) or higher (cheaper per t-shirt/more profit).

KatherineKent/Victoria
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Everything sounds great, KK---thank you!!!

Excited to vote again...and really happy with how the shirts are turning out smile
Laura

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard