Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#255057 06/04/14 12:14 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feeling generous enough not to leave you hanging another day as I had originally planned. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well thanks for posting it tonight. I've been sick and feeling pretty bad the past couple of days and reading this made me feel a bit better, at least for the duration that I was reading it.

It was a really cute ending. Everything with the babies was adorable and I'm glad Zara and Kala have Lois and Clark in their lives. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a wonderful ending!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Well thanks for posting it tonight. I've been sick and feeling pretty bad the past couple of days and reading this made me feel a bit better, at least for the duration that I was reading it.

It was a really cute ending. Everything with the babies was adorable and I'm glad Zara and Kala have Lois and Clark in their lives. smile

You're welcome! Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for all of the kind feedback. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
What a wonderful ending!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhhh. Happy sigh! Great ending! I'm speechless.
cool party
Artemis laugh whistle

Last edited by Artemis; 06/04/14 09:07 PM.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Artemis
Ahhhh. Happy sigh! Great ending! I'm speechless.
cool party
Artemis

blush Thank you, Artemis! Glad you liked it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
I like the ending focusing on Clark and the kids as it probably would anytime Clark is around kids...

I also liked Zara declining the dinner invite because she had picked up a slice of pizza on the way over. One it shows her acceptance in the Lois and Clark family and two she has adapted to those "nutritionally worthless snack foods".

Of course this being me, I would have preferred a more story time being spent here on this part of the story but I will take what I can get. Lets us speculate on what else has happened over the past year.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a wonderfully WAFFy ending for this story. Thanks for ending this emotional roller coaster of a story on such a high note.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a beautiful ending, DC clap clap clap

I loved everything about it. And I very much enjoyed the news that a new addition was on its way. What a happy note to end on notworthy. Also, I liked how you showed where Zara was with her life--how they were in close contact, how the baby thought of Clark as her uncle, how they obviously have become a support system all for one another. It was done in such a natural way, to really show how well the three of them have adjusted from the time of the transplant.

Wonderful story...one of my very favorite parts:

Clark chuckled. "Beyond happy, Lois. For a long time, I wasn't sure I'd ever find love. How could I? I was too different. Too afraid to open up to anyone. Then, I found you. You fixed all the broken pieces in my life, made me feel safe, took away the fears that I had. Now, you've given me the home I'd always hoped for, but never dared to believe I could have. You've given me a family, Lois. You always have, ever since we met. Having children with you is the greatest miracle of my life. Even getting a new heart," he said as he shook his head, "can't compare to the miracles of Christopher and this new little baby."

"I'm just so happy that you did get your heart," Lois said, rolling over so that she could hug him and nuzzle into his side as they talked. "And I'm thrilled that I'm able to give you the family you've always wanted. Because, the truth is, you've given me a family and a home ever since we first met. That's part of why I was so scared to let you into my life and heart. Family had always been such a disappointment before. It was too painful to let anyone in when I was certain it was going to end in disappointment. I'm glad you forced your way behind my walls and didn't give up when I tried so hard to make you leave me alone."

"It was never an option for me. I fell in love with you the instant I saw you."

"It took me a little longer," she said, tracing random patterns on his chest with her finger, only to subconsciously drag her finger along the nearly invisible line of his transplant scar. "You just seemed too unreal, for a while, for me to be able to admit that you really were the perfect guy I'd been waiting for."

I enjoyed reading this passage to no end. It was such a great beginning-to-end of their love story. It just showed so much of their journey together sloppy

Congrats on an amazing story!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/04/14 12:44 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
I like the ending focusing on Clark and the kids as it probably would anytime Clark is around kids...

I also liked Zara declining the dinner invite because she had picked up a slice of pizza on the way over. One it shows her acceptance in the Lois and Clark family and two she has adapted to those "nutritionally worthless snack foods".

Of course this being me, I would have preferred a more story time being spent here on this part of the story but I will take what I can get. Lets us speculate on what else has happened over the past year.

Mike

Hi, Mike! wave

Glad you enjoyed it. I actually purposefully left the details of the past year out, because I felt it would hinder, rather that aid, the close of the story. I also left it open so that my muse (if she so desires) can come back and fill in the gaps at a later point (I make zero promises).

I liked throwing in the pizza remark myself. I wanted to show just how well Zara has adjusted to life on Earth, as a permanent citizen, rather than a visitor with an agenda. It had the added benefit of showing just how much she's been accepted into the Kent family, how comfortable all three adults are around one another.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
What a wonderfully WAFFy ending for this story. Thanks for ending this emotional roller coaster of a story on such a high note.

Joy,
Lynn

Thanks, Lynn! You're welcome for the WAFFs! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
What a beautiful ending, DC clap clap clap

I loved everything about it. And I very much enjoyed the news that a new addition was on its way. What a happy note to end on notworthy. Also, I liked how you showed where Zara was with her life--how they were in close contact, how the baby thought of Clark as her uncle, how they obviously have become a support system all for one another. It was done in such a natural way, to really show how well the three of them have adjusted from the time of the transplant.

Wonderful story...one of my very favorite parts:

Clark chuckled. "Beyond happy, Lois. For a long time, I wasn't sure I'd ever find love. How could I? I was too different. Too afraid to open up to anyone. Then, I found you. You fixed all the broken pieces in my life, made me feel safe, took away the fears that I had. Now, you've given me the home I'd always hoped for, but never dared to believe I could have. You've given me a family, Lois. You always have, ever since we met. Having children with you is the greatest miracle of my life. Even getting a new heart," he said as he shook his head, "can't compare to the miracles of Christopher and this new little baby."

"I'm just so happy that you did get your heart," Lois said, rolling over so that she could hug him and nuzzle into his side as they talked. "And I'm thrilled that I'm able to give you the family you've always wanted. Because, the truth is, you've given me a family and a home ever since we first met. That's part of why I was so scared to let you into my life and heart. Family had always been such a disappointment before. It was too painful to let anyone in when I was certain it was going to end in disappointment. I'm glad you forced your way behind my walls and didn't give up when I tried so hard to make you leave me alone."

"It was never an option for me. I fell in love with you the instant I saw you."

"It took me a little longer," she said, tracing random patterns on his chest with her finger, only to subconsciously drag her finger along the nearly invisible line of his transplant scar. "You just seemed too unreal, for a while, for me to be able to admit that you really were the perfect guy I'd been waiting for."

I enjoyed reading this passage to no end. It was such a great beginning-to-end of their love story. It just showed so much of their journey together sloppy

Congrats on an amazing story!
Laura

Wow! Thanks for the high praise, Laura! notworthy

I thought that the new baby would be the perfect happy note to end on (and a well deserved happy note to boot!). Plus, for Lois and Clark, it came nicely full circle for them. The last time they were expected, all hell broke loose in their life. This time, they get to enjoy every moment.

I've always thought that if Zara and Ching had stayed on Earth for any reason, they would have become very close with Lois and Clark. So it was fun for me to incorporate that notion into this last chapter.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I thought that the new baby would be the perfect happy note to end on (and a well deserved happy note to boot!). Plus, for Lois and Clark, it came nicely full circle for them. The last time they were expected, all hell broke loose in their life. This time, they get to enjoy every moment.

That is unless you decide to write a story about this pregnancy also... laugh (I like Laura I believe from an earlier post don't like the new laugh emoticon)

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 06/04/14 04:12 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

That is unless you decide to write a story about this pregnancy also... laugh (I like Laura I believe from an earlier post don't like the new laugh emoticon)

Mike

True. But my muse has no current intentions of being evil to them during their second pregnancy.

(I also miss the old laughing face.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm missing the laughing face, also smile....

Your reasoning, DC, is exactly why I loved the new addition to the family...there was so much question, so much stress during Christopher's pregnancy. Knowing another is on the way felt like such an amazing gift--to be able to go through it all again, together, without question of Clark's health. Such a beautiful concept clap

This final chapter really created such a happy closure to the story. You really answered any questions well and left us with such a peaceful ending. Love it!

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
I'm missing the laughing face, also smile....

Your reasoning, DC, is exactly why I loved the new addition to the family...there was so much question, so much stress during Christopher's pregnancy. Knowing another is on the way felt like such an amazing gift--to be able to go through it all again, together, without question of Clark's health. Such a beautiful concept clap

This final chapter really created such a happy closure to the story. You really answered any questions well and left us with such a peaceful ending. Love it!

Thanks so much! Glad you are thinking along the same lines as I am. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DC

This was simply the best! Thanks for a story that left me biting my nails and scared to open the next chapter not knowing what you were going to throw at us! shock

Glad to see Zara has settled into a happy life with her little girl, Kala might become a very important part of Christopher's life. Still, I wish you could have told us just what kind of life she had in Metropolis.

Ah well, that is for another fic ... grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
DC

This was simply the best! Thanks for a story that left me biting my nails and scared to open the next chapter not knowing what you were going to throw at us! shock

Glad to see Zara has settled into a happy life with her little girl, Kala might become a very important part of Christopher's life. Still, I wish you could have told us just what kind of life she had in Metropolis.

Ah well, that is for another fic ... grovel

Thanks, Morgana! Glad you enjoyed this bizarre little tale.

Another fic? I never say never, but I've got a couple of other things that my muse is pushing on me at the moment. I didn't want to get too into what Zara and Kala are up to, mostly because I didn't want to take the focus from Lois and Clark.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Great story -- though it definitely put me through the wringer! I was as horrified as the EMTS when Clark first collapsed (I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to see Superman, who'd just saved maybe hundreds of people and lifted whole cars, collapse in pain), and I was scared with Clark (though I love that he had trouble being hopeful for himself, even though we all know if it had been Lois, he would have never given up hope at all) through their waiting game, and I loved that Clark got a little chance to shine and that Jimmy was so impressed by him that he got great pictures of him on his 'normal' rescue. And I was biting my nails a bit through the hospital time -- I was actually a bit relieved that you didn't dwell too much on the day-by-day events, because I don't know that I would have made it if I saw his parents' and Perry and Jimmy's reactions to him being on life support. Lois's were bad enough! smile

And sad as the demise of New Krypton is, and the death of Ching, I can't help but be glad at how it all fell out. I love that Clark inspired Ching to be noble and helpful and brave, to emulate Clark as he'd seen him, and I love that Zara was cool-headed and sacrificing enough to immediately know how she could save Clark. I also liked the little nod to how hard it is for Clark to use his powers and how he does it so much more naturally than anyone else -- and that he can find Lois so quickly!

Anyway, so glad for the happy ending, even if there were quite a few tears along the way. Such an intriguing concept, and I liked how it brought in Deathstroke and the aging machine -- and Klein's characterization was PERFECT! Thanks so much for the thought-provoking tale!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard