Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#254928 06/01/14 01:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Back from seeing Aladdin on Broadway. If you get the opportunity to see it - DO. It was amazing!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad you had a great time!

I just read the posting and while a lot slower than the previous postings it had a number of poignant moments.

Of course number one of the list was when Clark learned of whose heart he received.

Will post more once I have had a chance to get some sleep and re-read the posting.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome story, DC. I had to read it in one sitting and it really packed a punch. That's going to be on the list for the Kerths.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
party party party

Woo-Hoo!!! Awesome, DC--great part, and.....CLARK SURVIVED! What a relief smile. I really loved the first few minutes when Clark woke up. His line about wondering just how long he was out (b/c Lois was holding a baby) was great. I really thought you wrote Clark finding out about Ching and his heart being used for the transplant well. I was so curious as to how Clark would take the news.

And the paragraph from Lois' POV about Clark's smile was so great. Very touching:

Clark smiled back, making Lois' heart skip a beat. She'd missed that brilliantly devastating smile so much. Every day, multiple times a day, she'd looked at pictures of him. But the camera could never do justice to his smile. Somehow, it always dulled the sparkle in his eyes and managed to lose some of the warmth of his smile. Still, the photographs had given her the strength she needed to face each dawning day and every sleepless night. When she'd actually slept, she'd dreamed about his smile, the way he'd often chuckle as he did so, waking with a residual happy feeling throughout her body until she'd remembered the reality of the situation, and the all-too-real fact that she might never see it again.

I really liked using 'David' in the baby's name. Great idea and such a poignant way to honor Ching and his life. And I'm really glad that Superman addressed the crowd to squelch any rumors about him leaving/etc. I think it had to be done.

Looking forward to #10 dance

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/01/14 12:23 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Welcome back, DC.

*Happy sigh*. Both the characters and the readers get a mostly-happy (Only "mostly" because what happened to Ching and to NK are still on everyone's minds.) and thoroughly satisfying almost-ending. I'm guessing we'll get to meet Christopher David in the final part of the story.

I'm already looking forward to WAFFy ending.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
One of the problems with reading the post early this morning was that it was difficult to catch all of the intricacies you put in this chapter. After the breakneck pace of the previous chapters this one was much slower and thought provoking. As I said last night (early this morning), full of poignant moments/passages some of which mentioned here.

Lois's response to the incision was telling to me, first the revulsion at the blood and then this passage which was monumental to me.
Lois sat silently. In her mind, at least, the incision was beautiful. It wasn't a reminder of Clark's dance with death. It was a symbol of his life, his will to live, and the ultimate sacrifice of a friend.

I also loved his confusion over Lois holding the baby and wondering if he missed the birth of his child while he was unconscious.

And

The four exchanged a look as Zara took Kala from Lois' arms. Lois took the opportunity to stand by Clark's head. She grabbed his hand and placed it on the spot where their son was doing what felt like a Riverdance routine. At first, Clark seemed confused as she positioned his palm, but after a moment his face lit up in sheer amazement and bliss.

"Incredible," he whispered hoarsely.

"I've been waiting for this moment," Lois confided with a grin. "I used to let you feel his kicks while you were asleep, but I could scarcely wait for the moment when you'd be completely aware of what was happening."

"Thank you, Lois," he said in wonderment. "This is the most amazing thing I've ever felt."

Lois gave him a mischievous smile. "Just wait until I put my stomach to your back and let him kick you all night long."
(I did not quote the next paragraph as Laura already did).

I like Lynn am looking forward to the WAFFY Part 10 laugh.

I guess I could remain confused as to his superstate both before, during, and after the surgery and about the impact of Kryptonite exposure during the surgery or I could just enjoy the story smile1.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved the way you explained the feeling of the pregnancy, like calling it a "Riverdance routine" and "using my bladder for a trampoline." My experience was a long time ago, but I still remember it in detail.
cool
Artemis

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm glad Clark is okay. I'm looking forward to the final part.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
Glad you had a great time!

I just read the posting and while a lot slower than the previous postings it had a number of poignant moments.

Of course number one of the list was when Clark learned of whose heart he received.

Will post more once I have had a chance to get some sleep and re-read the posting.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I'm a Disney addict and expect greatness from everything they do. But this blew my mind.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Artemis
Awesome story, DC. I had to read it in one sitting and it really packed a punch. That's going to be on the list for the Kerths.
cool
Artemis

Wow, that's high praise! Thank you! Hope you like the final chapter as well. hail

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
party party party

Woo-Hoo!!! Awesome, DC--great part, and.....CLARK SURVIVED! What a relief smile. I really loved the first few minutes when Clark woke up. His line about wondering just how long he was out (b/c Lois was holding a baby) was great. I really thought you wrote Clark finding out about Ching and his heart being used for the transplant well. I was so curious as to how Clark would take the news.

And the paragraph from Lois' POV about Clark's smile was so great. Very touching:

Clark smiled back, making Lois' heart skip a beat. She'd missed that brilliantly devastating smile so much. Every day, multiple times a day, she'd looked at pictures of him. But the camera could never do justice to his smile. Somehow, it always dulled the sparkle in his eyes and managed to lose some of the warmth of his smile. Still, the photographs had given her the strength she needed to face each dawning day and every sleepless night. When she'd actually slept, she'd dreamed about his smile, the way he'd often chuckle as he did so, waking with a residual happy feeling throughout her body until she'd remembered the reality of the situation, and the all-too-real fact that she might never see it again.

I really liked using 'David' in the baby's name. Great idea and such a poignant way to honor Ching and his life. And I'm really glad that Superman addressed the crowd to squelch any rumors about him leaving/etc. I think it had to be done.

Looking forward to #10 dance

Laura

Thank you, Laura. You touched upon some of the parts that I loved writing. That smile truly is to die for! And I thought the baby stuff would lighten the mood, considering all the stuff I put the characters through.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Welcome back, DC.

*Happy sigh*. Both the characters and the readers get a mostly-happy (Only "mostly" because what happened to Ching and to NK are still on everyone's minds.) and thoroughly satisfying almost-ending. I'm guessing we'll get to meet Christopher David in the final part of the story.

I'm already looking forward to WAFFy ending.

Joy,
Lynn

Thanks, Lynn! You will, indeed, get to meet the kiddo in the next part. Poor Clark at this point though. Now he knows for sure he's Krypton's last living son. frown

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
One of the problems with reading the post early this morning was that it was difficult to catch all of the intricacies you put in this chapter. After the breakneck pace of the previous chapters this one was much slower and thought provoking. As I said last night (early this morning), full of poignant moments/passages some of which mentioned here.

Lois's response to the incision was telling to me, first the revulsion at the blood and then this passage which was monumental to me.
Lois sat silently. In her mind, at least, the incision was beautiful. It wasn't a reminder of Clark's dance with death. It was a symbol of his life, his will to live, and the ultimate sacrifice of a friend.

I also loved his confusion over Lois holding the baby and wondering if he missed the birth of his child while he was unconscious.

And

The four exchanged a look as Zara took Kala from Lois' arms. Lois took the opportunity to stand by Clark's head. She grabbed his hand and placed it on the spot where their son was doing what felt like a Riverdance routine. At first, Clark seemed confused as she positioned his palm, but after a moment his face lit up in sheer amazement and bliss.

"Incredible," he whispered hoarsely.

"I've been waiting for this moment," Lois confided with a grin. "I used to let you feel his kicks while you were asleep, but I could scarcely wait for the moment when you'd be completely aware of what was happening."

"Thank you, Lois," he said in wonderment. "This is the most amazing thing I've ever felt."

Lois gave him a mischievous smile. "Just wait until I put my stomach to your back and let him kick you all night long."
(I did not quote the next paragraph as Laura already did).

I like Lynn am looking forward to the WAFFY Part 10 laugh.

I guess I could remain confused as to his superstate both before, during, and after the surgery and about the impact of Kryptonite exposure during the surgery or I could just enjoy the story smile1.

Mike

Thanks for the kind words, Mike. Again, the parts mentioned were some of my personal favorites as well.

Clark would have been less than super during this time. Especially after his surgery because he's been exposed to the green K. (As mentioned, it took a couple of weeks to get back up to speed.) He's also been exposed prior to then for blood draws. So, he's pretty unsuper while in the hospital.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I loved the way you explained the feeling of the pregnancy, like calling it a "Riverdance routine" and "using my bladder for a trampoline." My experience was a long time ago, but I still remember it in detail.
cool
Artemis

lol Thanks! That's how I felt - granted, my only experience so far has been with two in there! grin

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I'm glad Clark is okay. I'm looking forward to the final part.

Thanks! Very soon, I promise!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, that's high praise! Thank you! Hope you like the final chapter as well. hail
Hi DC:
I'm sure I will. The hard part is past us. I was really wondering how Clark was going to get a Kryptonian heart. A minor curiosity - what was the deal with the strange pen with purple ink that Lois found and then was discarded on the floor. I stopped reading overnight on that chapter and in the night thought that the pen had some significance. That somehow it was linked to his heart condition and when she made tight circles with it that it caused his heart attack. But I was happier with the much better explanation you had.
I feel sorry for Zara. She and Kala - love the name - are going to have to live on Earth and she will need a job.
Seems like a sequel would be interesting too.
regards
Artemis smile1 hyper
P.S. I forgot to say I agree with all the wonderful things the other posters said too.

Last edited by Artemis; 06/02/14 10:39 AM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great Part! thumbsup The only problem I see is Superman called a press conference to say nothing. Sure he revealed the reason for his absence was intensely personal, but would go no further. No doubt that might cause another reporter to try and dig deeper. That could lead to lots of problems. huh

That guy from the Dirt Digger has some nerve saying that Superman used his 'celebrity' to move Clark up to the top of the transplant list. What a creep. Glad Clark answered that little question quickly!

Only one more part to go! Sniff! Sniff!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with Morgana, Clark did not call a Press Conference to announce he would be going away so why did he feel the need to announce he was back from somewhere he would not reveal anyway? I always was curious how him having the heart attack in public in Part 1 was hushed up but it never came up. Again it would seem as though the press conference might even bring out the heart issue from Part 1 making the connection between Superman's heart problem and Clark needing a transplant even greater. That and the only thing accomplished plot wise by the news conference was him making a point that HE had nothing to do with Clark getting a heart. The Dirt Digger guy really had nothing anyway as Clark was on life support for a few months (I will get to that in a bit) which puts him up the list over people who are getting along with their damaged heart but not on life support, that plus his age of around 30 makes him an ideal candidate (if he wasn't Kryptonian). How long he was out... Well Lois claimed he was out a few weeks but earlier (the previous part) she claimed that she was 7 months along and just prior to Clark having the first heart attack they had the ultrasound that determined the health/progress/sex of the baby and as everyone said that takes place late in the first trimester or very early in the second so she was 3 to 4 months along when the first heart attack occurred and 7 months along when the surgery took place. The period of time between the first attack and the final attack appeared to only be a week or so. That would make it more like around 2 to 3 months he was out according to my math and of course the longer on life support the worse the prognosis tends to be unless you happen to be Superman. Of course Lois's specific comment was that he had been out a few weeks so that could have been 10-12 weeks if she was trying to soft pedal it. At lot of those things would have pushed Clark up the list if he could have had a human heart so the Dirt Digger guy did not have much if any case. Of course you folks will correct me if I am wrong or crazy.

Again I did not see the need for the press conference or why Clark would even put one on especially since he really did not have much of a story to tell...

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi DC:
I'm sure I will. The hard part is past us. I was really wondering how Clark was going to get a Kryptonian heart. A minor curiosity - what was the deal with the strange pen with purple ink that Lois found and then was discarded on the floor. I stopped reading overnight on that chapter and in the night thought that the pen had some significance. That somehow it was linked to his heart condition and when she made tight circles with it that it caused his heart attack. But I was happier with the much better explanation you had.
I feel sorry for Zara. She and Kala - love the name - are going to have to live on Earth and she will need a job.
Seems like a sequel would be interesting too.
regards
Artemis smile1 hyper
P.S. I forgot to say I agree with all the wonderful things the other posters said too.

Thanks! The pen was just a neat little detail that I thought could be fun for Clark to take note of. He's just observing everything and anything around him, especially whatever is connected to Lois, because he's constantly sure it will be the last thing he ever gets to observe before he dies.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Great Part! thumbsup The only problem I see is Superman called a press conference to say nothing. Sure he revealed the reason for his absence was intensely personal, but would go no further. No doubt that might cause another reporter to try and dig deeper. That could lead to lots of problems. huh

That guy from the Dirt Digger has some nerve saying that Superman used his 'celebrity' to move Clark up to the top of the transplant list. What a creep. Glad Clark answered that little question quickly!

Only one more part to go! Sniff! Sniff!

Thanks, Morgana!

Clark had the press conference mostly to announce to the world (read: criminal circuit) that he's around, that the rescue Superman made was actually real, and not a faked thing to make it look like he's around.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard