Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So I've settled on 10 parts for this story... I will post the rest of the story by early next week. And, there will be a sequel!! hyper

Stay tuned for the final book in the trilogy, Hidden Joys.

Let me know what you think of the ride so far below! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to see Sam on the right side. I hope he can help to save Clark. grovel

I know it makes sense - plotwise - to have Clark taken to Fort Abrams. But why would General Wilson choose it? The compound at Alaska was developed specially to contain the heroes. It should be the most appropriated place to conduct tests and experiments <<shudders>>. It's not a big deal, just it got me thinking about the reasons why they would do it.

A sequel! Woohoo! hyper smile1 hyper And by the tittle it must be less angsty and more joyful. grin

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
I know it makes sense - plotwise - to have Clark taken to Fort Abrams. But why would General Wilson choose it? The compound at Alaska was developed specially to contain the heroes. It should be the most appropriated place to conduct tests and experiments <<shudders>>. It's not a big deal, just it got me thinking about the reasons why they would do it.
Actually, I do address the reasons in this part -- more research was done by Lex and Cadmus Labs in concert with Fort Abrams, since it is near Smallville. There, Wilson would have the info he needed to not only torture Clark, but to monitor him and do whatever dastardly things he wanted to do...

As they stepped out of the van, Clark looked around, noticing they were in some sort of lab. As he looked closer, he felt an eerie sense of déja vu. He recognized some of the equipment around them. Meteor rock stood in glass jars on a table, and Clark saw the imprint of ‘Cadmus Labs’ on one of the shelves.

“Lex,” he whispered. As Lois’ name had been like a prayer on his lips a few moments ago, Lex’s was a curse. Was he somehow behind all of this?

Wilson appeared in front of Clark. “What do you think of all this, hmm?” he said, gesturing to the technicians and experiments going on around him. “Take a good look… this is how we learned about you. Thanks to Lex Luthor’s research, we were able to learn all of your strengths and weaknesses.”

Wilson leaned in closer to Clark, a sinister smile on his face. “All you have to do is Uncle Sam’s bidding, any time, day or night, and your suffering will end.”

“I cannot believe this is condoned by the military… we are in a lab—“

Wilson nodded. “That’s right. This was constructed under Fort Abrams. Luthorcorp gave over its research to the US military – and once the VRA passes, you’re mine.”
A sequel! Woohoo! hyper smile1 hyper And by the tittle it must be less angsty and more joyful. grin
Indeed. I know I've tortured my readers with this fic... promise there will be more romance in the next one... and just enough angst to keep the plot going. wink

Thanks for reading -- and especially for leaving feedback!! party

Last edited by mozartmaid; 05/30/14 09:56 AM. Reason: more explanation

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by mozartmaid
more research was done by Lex and Cadmus Labs in concert with Fort Abrams, since it is near Smallville.
This is what I get for just watching seasons 8-10 and Clois-related bits. blush

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
Originally Posted by mozartmaid
more research was done by Lex and Cadmus Labs in concert with Fort Abrams, since it is near Smallville.
This is what I get for just watching seasons 8-10 and Clois-related bits. blush

Well, to be fair, I'm stretching this a bit as well. I could imagine that Lex had military projects, and Fort Abrams is implied to be very near Smallville. So thought it was only a small leap to make it the place that Lex may have had some Kryptonian related research lying around...

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard