Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#254837 05/28/14 09:44 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think? As to whether he can fly yet, obviously not. After all, if he could fly, he'd be spending his nights on a tropical island somewhere rent free. Of course, he IS only a couple of months from being eighteen....

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just because Clark first flew at 18 doesn't mean he couldn't have flown earlier. smile He didn't have any idea flight was even a possibility until the first time. It's not a given that the day Clark discovered he could fly was the first day it was possible.

I spotted two typos: "C lark", and "CostCo" instead of CostMart. I sincerely hope that CostCo is not a front for Intergang.

Another great chapter! It would have been too simple for everything to go perfectly. I hope there isn't an easy way to get up on the roof in a hurry, though I suppose Lois is going to be hearing a lot of pounding and cursing from the access hatch.

The question is, can Clark save the day without anyone else finding out his secret?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Eeeek! Oh, no! And with Clark gone, too. Time to put his super hearing to the test.

At least, they know the name of an honest cop. smile Thanks, Bill Church and unnamed policeman, for that bit of information. No wonder Henderson doesn't work with a partner.

Let's hope the video camera worked. Yeah, keeping the lens cap in your hand while juggling two very expensive very sensitive pieces of equipment, not good.

Keeping me on the edge of my seat again, Shayne.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Very evil cliffhanger. Clearly time for Clark to learn to fly. Glad the rooftop access is unopenable.

Delightful part.

Framework4
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Too bad Clark can't fly. Maybe he can only leap tall buildings. smile

Lois is suddenly hoping Clark is less than 31 miles away!

Shallowford
S
SJH Online Content
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
S
Now would be a good time for Clark to discover his gift of flight.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
shock UH OH!!!!!!! Talk about TROUBLE!!!!!!!

But SUCH a Lois Lane moment, too. lol

Hoping Clark makes it back PRONTO, and that Lois managed to record everything properly because they're not going to get another chance after this.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Now would be a good time for Lois to call for Clark's help.

On the bright side, she now knows that Bill Henderson is not in Costmart's pocket. If she can get to him (presumably with Clark's aid) and if the film and especially the audio were clear, they will be in much better shape than they are now.

I'll admit that I had been confused when I started reading this part. I had thought the italics had meant that the opening paragraphs were a recap of a section of the previous part, and I double-checked that I hadn't missed any parts. Of course, when Lois awoke I realized the significance of the italicization.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

I'm also curious about how Clark had planned to get back onto the roof. Presumably, he could have simply jumped off of it to get down; given his invulnerability, getting down from heights should be no problem -- although even that might have been tricky, since he would have had to have landed quietly enough for the people in the restaurant not to have noticed him. On the other hand, if there were an easy way to climb up the outside of the building, then that does not bode well for Lois right now.

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois is going to need some help real soon. I can't wait for the next part.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think that if Lois survives this, she'll have learned an important lesson about surveilling people.

Yay for Henderson being honest, and Lois hearing about it.

A muted yay for the unnamed cop to protest Henderson being killed, although this is probably only because it will upset the applecart, not due to any real concern about Henderson.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard