Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Here's Chapter 7; Chapter 8 will be posted Friday morning.

If you need to find an earlier chapter or comment thread, there's a TOC that LabRat and Mike M have kindly provided.

So, what do you think?

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful chapter. So she is changing and getting a Supergirl costume which she will clearly need in the near future.
Great fun.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So much for Kevin being her helper. He's acting too much like a fanboy, drooling over the possibility of her. frown That's what I get for putting faith in a 12 y.o. Superman fan. I've watch Galaxy Quest once too often (or maybe not often enough).

Poor Kara. She doesn't even think of the possibility that she named *after* this other Kara from Krypton. Perhaps it's a name Clark heard while listening to the globe histories or while away with the New Kryptonians. It is how they picked Lara's... er... Laura's name, isn't it?

I'm going to have to agree with chelo or whomever it was on the earlier thread who suggested the dreams were subconscious communication with the nanotechnology within her. This part makes that seem all too clear.

Additionally, this subspace was in a chaotic state, which was dangerous. Only ordered subspaces could be safely controlled. The network searched for a solution.
What makes our subspace uncontrolled? Pollution? Lack of Krytpon? Hey on the positive side, no Superman, no crash of his spaceship, no Kryptonite to stop her! dance Watch out, bad guys, your worst nightmare is being realized AND it's an 11 y.o. girl!

The strings lengthened further into threads, and the threads started to weave a tapestry, a flickering, luminescent fabric that was plain at first, then became rich with detail of all sizes. It looked somehow like both a beautiful work of abstract art and an incomprehensible machine. The tapestry folded in impossible-looking ways to fill all of space as far as she could see.
Was this the weaving of her invulnerability? Always a plus in a strange world with weird people who don't know Amelia Earhart was a character in that movie with Ben Stiller. peep /just joking/ I'm not sure about the other characters Kara mentioned, other than the Doctor who was fictional even in her dimension.

What will Lois and Clark do when they learn it was Tempus who kidnapped their daughter? That's got to be their worse nightmare (or one of them).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
So much for Kevin being her helper. He's acting too much like a fanboy, drooling over the possibility of her. frown That's what I get for putting faith in a 12 y.o. Superman fan. I've watch Galaxy Quest once too often (or maybe not often enough).

Poor Kara. She doesn't even think of the possibility that she named *after* this other Kara from Krypton. Perhaps it's a name Clark heard while listening to the globe histories or while away with the New Kryptonians. It is how they picked Lara's... er... Laura's name, isn't it?

I'm going to have to agree with chelo or whomever it was on the earlier thread who suggested the dreams were subconscious communication with the nanotechnology within her. This part makes that seem all too clear.

Additionally, this subspace was in a chaotic state, which was dangerous. Only ordered subspaces could be safely controlled. The network searched for a solution.
What makes our subspace uncontrolled? Pollution? Lack of Krytpon? Hey on the positive side, no Superman, no crash of his spaceship, no Kryptonite to stop her! dance Watch out, bad guys, your worst nightmare is being realized AND it's an 11 y.o. girl!

The strings lengthened further into threads, and the threads started to weave a tapestry, a flickering, luminescent fabric that was plain at first, then became rich with detail of all sizes. It looked somehow like both a beautiful work of abstract art and an incomprehensible machine. The tapestry folded in impossible-looking ways to fill all of space as far as she could see.
Was this the weaving of her invulnerability? Always a plus in a strange world with weird people who don't know Amelia Earhart was a character in that movie with Ben Stiller. peep /just joking/ I'm not sure about the other characters Kara mentioned, other than the Doctor who was fictional even in her dimension.

What will Lois and Clark do when they learn it was Tempus who kidnapped their daughter? That's got to be their worse nightmare (or one of them).

Virginia,

I would not give up on Kevin just yet. While a fanboy, he might be of help once the powers begin kicking in.

I agree about the bad guys worst nightmare. I have been kicking around in my head the long term deal here and wonder what Kara will eventually do. This timeline has no superheros and before long they will have one. Kara had no friends in Metropolis and she has developed a couple already and Caitlin is rapidly becoming a third. I have no doubt that Lois and Clark (probably with Well's help) will eventually figure it out and come find her. The question of her returning might not be so cut and dried if it occurs a year or few into the future on this timeline. The longer she stays here the more this becomes her life especially given how much girls normally mature between 11 and 13. The longer she stays here and the older she is the more say she will have in that decision. She could end up like your Wrong Clark. I guess Wells could jump to right after she was kidnapped and bring her home from there and this would all just be a story. I think my head hurts thinking about all the possibilities.

Anyway Debbie this is a very enjoyable story and I really like your posting schedule as we don't have to wait a long time between parts.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I'm really enjoying this story. Greatly appreciate the posting schedule. Hopefully the first earth prime Supergirl has a happier ending than the earth prime superboy. I like the twist that Kara may be more cousin that biological daughter. Thanks for a well written story.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kara Zor-El was nearly an adult. She also wore far too much eyeliner and had a body shape that made Barbie look like an anatomical model.

Thought this photo might be appropriate:

[Linked Image]

Some more photos on that same topic:

[Linked Image]

Another one:

[Linked Image]

And another:

[Linked Image]

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thought this photo might be appropriate

Heh. Yes, this kind of thing doesn't make comics very welcoming to female readers (see this webcomic too; warning: slightly NSFW).

I don't want to say too much this early in the story, but this is a topic that might be good to return to nearer the end.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard