Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Happy ending? Did she finally realise that Mr 'Right Now' was also Mr Right?

There is an epilogue. When I first wrote and posted this story it ended here. About a year later I got a little idea and realised it could actually fit as an epilogue to this story rather than be a stand-alone. Do you want to wait that long? peep

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap How delightful! I read this earlier and have been trying all day to sit at my computer for than five minutes without interruption to comment.

“Are you there?” He didn’t speak but somehow she knew he was in the shadows. There was a comforting presence. He never spoke unless it was over the phone. Why?
Oh! You know I never realized this, but you're right. He doesn't speak in her presence. He leaves notes, to be sure, but never speaks.

So weird to have the Blur come in and invade Lois's thoughts when she's trying to decide about Clark. I had so hoped it would be Clark and he'd reveal himself (not in a naughty way) to her here.

He has powers, he saves people, he is compassionate. All great, yes, but would he go with me to monster truck rallies or enjoy a six pack on movie night?
In the Blur's defense. Clark doesn't show up to Monster Truck Rallies, either. peep

“Lois,” he said, relief etched in his voice. He strode towards her. “Where have you been? I was worried sick.” He grabbed her arms and held her, looking down into her eyes. It was impossible to move from that spot.
How? How Clark can you expect her to choose you when you lie so outrageously to her face?

“Lois, I can’t do this anymore. I can’t wait around for you to have an accident. I can’t wait for you to realise what we could have. I need you to be honest with me ... and honest with yourself. And I need to be honest with you.”
Wait. Hold the phone. Did he just say what I think he said? "Have an accident?" hyper He's going to tell her!! dance She's going to figure it out.

“What is there? Lois, what exactly do you think happened in the copy room this afternoon?” Lois was suddenly afraid. He was shouting. Clark was shouting at her. He never shouted like this.
Chicken. Chicken Kent, that's who he is.

“Lois,” he paused. “You mean something to me. Something more ... more than Lana.
Really? Really? [Linked Image] Someone stop him before he bites off his knee.

“Clark, I’ve done this dating thing so many times, and it always went wrong. I don’t want it to go wrong again. I don’t think my heart could take another crack in it. And with you,” she stopped and gulped. Thank goodness it’s raining or he’d know these were tears rolling down my cheek. “With you, I don’t think I’d get a crack in my heart.” She broke free from his grasp and turned. “I think it would shatter.”
Mine, too, Lois. Mine too. This is so WAFFy good. /sniffle/

Lois felt a tentative touch on her shoulder. “I’d never hurt you Lois. Never.” His voice was so raw and quiet. She turned back to look at him. The rain was coming down so thick that she had to blink furiously to keep her eyes clear. She looked up into his eyes and saw the truth shining from them.
The problem is that he already has and we know he will again. It's an impossible promise to make. But, at least, his heart is in the right place.

“ ‘Right Now’. Don’t ever use that phrase again.”
Oh! clap I love it! You tell him, Lois.

“Just. I have my reasons.” She smiled wryly and turned back to the steps. There’s no more Mr Right Now. Just Mr Right. As she opened the door to her apartment she smiled. Well, maybe a little bit of Mr Right Now ... every now and again.
Oh, yes. An epilogue would be nice. And not in a year, but "Right now!" laugh

BTW: [Linked Image] You're a terrible tease to dangle that almost reveal in front of us and then pull it away without him saying the word.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/25/14 02:11 AM. Reason: Added note.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved this bit:

She pulled his head down to hers and when their lips touched she opened up her heart fully. There was no break, no shatter, no splinter. In fact the swelling of emotion felt like ultimate healing.

So sweet and so WAFFY... and Clark in the rain. *sigh* I'm picturing a bit of this (minus crazy zombie Lois laugh )

Nicely done!! thumbsup

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard