Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#253820 05/08/14 11:11 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Folks.

Previous poll is still open but I'm moving along with designs.

N.B.

a) Top 3 font choices were used. The final design will get displayed with all 3 fonts for final choice. Do not choose, at this stage, based on font style. Choose based on picture style, picture placing and word placing.

b) Pictures are all from the internet and I will get my hubby to do a unique drawing of the final choice to avoid copyright issues. He's an artist ... it will be good.

c) Some of the picture placings are clearly awkward, but I wanted to show some variety.

d) Website and fundraiser lines are not in all pictures ... they will be in the final product.

New options - Design ideas in order of previous poll results

1. Computer and Keyboard

[Linked Image]

2. Typewriter

[Linked Image]

3. Pen, Pencil, Pad and Eraser

At the moment this is Pencil, Pad, Eraser and screwed up paper.

[Linked Image]

=4. Quill and Ink

[Linked Image]

=4. Messy Desk
[Linked Image]

6. Sofa, Coffee and Clock (Combined 2 previous options)
[Linked Image]

I've pondered over how best to run this poll and I think there's too many here to vote individually on each one so I'm going to redo the last poll and have the general picture voted on. BUT it will be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice this time. The same options will be given on 3 different polls and you need to choose your top three IN ORDER. The results, combined with the previous poll should give the winning picture.

I'll then get my hubby to do some drawings.

1st Choice
single choice
Computer and Keyboard (29%, 4 Votes)
Typewriter (29%, 4 Votes)
Pen, Pencil, Pad and Eraser (0%, 0 Votes)
Quill and Ink (21%, 3 Votes)
Messy Desk (7%, 1 Votes)
Sofa, Coffee and Clock (14%, 2 Votes)
Total Votes: 14
Voting on this poll ends: 05/16/14 02:00 AM
2nd Choice
single choice
Computer and Keyboard (29%, 4 Votes)
Typewriter (7%, 1 Votes)
Pen, Pencil, Pad and Eraser (21%, 3 Votes)
Quill and Ink (7%, 1 Votes)
Messy Desk (7%, 1 Votes)
Sofa, Coffee and Clock (29%, 4 Votes)
3rd Choice
single choice
Computer and Keyboard (14%, 2 Votes)
Typewriter (29%, 4 Votes)
Pen, Pencil, Pad and Eraser (29%, 4 Votes)
Quill and Ink (14%, 2 Votes)
Messy Desk (7%, 1 Votes)
Sofa, Coffee and Clock (7%, 1 Votes)

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I LOVE the quill and ink! What a great idea!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You've come up with some great ideas, KK. clap And even with those ideas, you've been creative!

I love the scrunched up paper with the writing on it. And the typewriter / laptop with the website on the screen / paper. Those are my favorites (yeah, I know. We're not voting on those, yet.)

Clearly, KK, you've never seen a message desk. LOL. That plant should be dead (ala Lois's). You shouldn't be able to see the wood due to papers, and there should be stacks and stacks of papers / notebooks / DVDs / books around the desk. Oh, and a cat lying on top of everything ( grumble ), pushing it to the floor. I WISH (okay, my hubby's wishes) my desk was that neat. lol

Also, it looks like the woman on the couch is reading a typical book. Shouldn't she be reading on her cell phone, Nook, or Labtop, since we don't publish in that format? It would be kind-of cool (and probably difficult, but I'm just throwing out ideas) if the website was listed on whatever book / screen she was reading.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow--great job KatherineKent. And again, thank you for all the work you are doing on this (and your husband).

Loved them all...

And I definitely got a giggle from the pic of the lady on the sofa--with the coffee--and the late time of night reading wink. That was/is the perfect snap shot of myself (last night included)--and, like Virginia mentioned, I would be looking at my phone...(and it would probably be a mocha in the cup, and the clock would say a later time, and there would be a cat in my lap--Reading "Trusting Me, Trusting You" right now and I CAN NOT put it down--serious lack of sleep going on here smile ).

Thanks again, great job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/08/14 12:59 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey everyone. I can see (by way of the new snazzy 'view' number) that loads of people are looking at this but only 8 have voted. This does not give good statistics or a true representation of the real favourite. I'm a mathematician, I know about numbers!

I also know that there are loads of you out there who are signed up members who never comment. I get that .. until a few years ago I was the same. I'm not pushing you to comment ... just vote. No-one will know what you voted for, it doesn't create a post ...

Please. VOTE.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm one of the ones who is guilty about looking but not voting, but I have a reason for that. I am curious about the outcome, but I don't think I should vote since I won't be getting a shirt. (If the saying on it were just, "It's a fanfic thing," I would definitely buy one, but to me the second clause makes the shirt sound insulting, or at the very least condescending, toward the reader of the shirt. That's really not the image I want to convey about people who participate in any fandom.)

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I'm one of the ones who is guilty about looking but not voting, but I have a reason for that. I am curious about the outcome, but I don't think I should vote since I won't be getting a shirt. (If the saying on it were just, "It's a fanfic thing," I would definitely buy one, but to me the second clause makes the shirt sound insulting, or at the very least condescending, toward the reader of the shirt. That's really not the image I want to convey about people who participate in any fandom.)

Joy,
Lynn

Completely understand, and I kind of agree. I don't remember whether I voted for this in my choices back at 'phrase' stage. I don't think I did, but even if I did, I know it wasn't my 1st choice. That was "I'd rather live in fanfic."

I'd like to see if more people agree but, at this stage, I don't feel it's my place to change anything about the phrase, though.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have no qualms about if we shortened it to "it's a fanfic thing." I also have no qualms about if it stayed the same.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I could go either way, too smile

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's exactly the way I feel. I also didn't vote for this slogan for this very reason. I'll buy the t-shirt, though. I'm committed to it, but I'll wear it a whole lot more without that second line. It's why I liked the design with the notepad with the crinkled paper with the second line as a rejected idea. thumbsup /It's also why I was for the idea of having a second slogan idea available, but alas I doubt demand is there for 2 t-shirts./

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/10/14 01:31 PM. Reason: Added text

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I hadn't meant to suggest that the saying should be changed. I wouldn't have said anything about it if Victoria hadn't mentioned that there were a lot more viewers than voters. But I must admit to finding it interesting that there were others who had similar reactions to mine with regard to the chosen saying.

If the saying does get changed, I would be thrilled, but if it remains as is, that's fine with me, too. The way I figured it, since this was the saying that garnered the most votes, it is probably the one that would result in the most tee-shirt sales, and, hence, the most funds raised for the board.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks to everyone that's voted so far.

I've counted up the votes and there 11 for 1st place and 11 for second place but 12 for 3rd place? Has someone only voted for their third favourite *laughs* What about 1 and 2. Are you unable to decide which is 1st and which is 2nd? Well, you've got till Friday.

I hadn't meant to suggest that the saying should be changed. I wouldn't have said anything about it if Victoria hadn't mentioned that there were a lot more viewers than voters. But I must admit to finding it interesting that there were others who had similar reactions to mine with regard to the chosen saying.

If the saying does get changed, I would be thrilled, but if it remains as is, that's fine with me, too. The way I figured it, since this was the saying that garnered the most votes, it is probably the one that would result in the most tee-shirt sales, and, hence, the most funds raised for the board.

Joy,
Lynn

I agree, that as this came out as top choice, then there's the most chance of it generating sales. But you've also brought up a valid point about the second sentence and seeing as only 12 people have voted ... are we only going to get 12 sales? (Very cynical and pessimistic view there - and not my personal one. I'm playing devil's advocate here.)

Would we get more people interested if we ditched (or changed) the second sentence? Or would we lose interest?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The way the new poll format works, you have to hit submit after each question. The old way, you only had to hit submit once. So, it's possible that someone thought that they were submitting their opinion for all three by pressing submit just for the bottom question.

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
It looks like I was one of them to miss the first two.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Features Writer
Features Writer
laptop seems appropriate and 3rd one is best font

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard